Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Match up 8dsp installed - Huge improvement over HIFI

04-05-2024, 06:07 AM   #111
slotmachine88
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarm340bcn View Post
If I'm not wrong, there's not G20 or G20 sound setup for the MATCH UP 8DSP in the Audiotec Fisher website, and the UP 7DSP don't work with my system, maybe due to the integrated RAM.

Finally the team from BimmerTech helped me sending a sound setup (very kind from them as I did not buy it from them), and I was able also to totally disconnect the ASD (using the "activation code" option), so now the system works pretty well and I have a good basis to adjustement.
Would you mind to share the sound file which provided from Bimmertech.
By the way, recently I noticed that Audiofisher website already upload the sound setup file for the up8dsp. I just downloaded but not yet test in my G20. If I can compare with your file it will be Great.

Here is the link. Hope this help everyone.
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/matchdatabase/soundIndex
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 10:56 PM   #112
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Hi all - great to see all the fruitful enthusiastic discussion!

I recently installed the same amp in my F87 and G05. Made a world of difference. In my F87 I took the next step of upgrading the fronts with Eton.

Has anyone done any running with these cars that they can share? I basically just adjusted the various gain levels by ear but assume there's still some untapped potential!
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2024, 03:28 PM   #113
Airtraffic
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue 340ix

I thought the Match UP BMW amps used were PnP, powered through the factory harness eliminating the need to run separate power or ground wires?
Or, did you purchase a Match UP amp that was NOT a Match up BMW?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 09:05 AM   #114
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyg View Post
I also purchased the Match Up8dsp from Allwoodsaudio. Great service and good communication despite being in England. Big savings over Bimmer-tech (over $500). They provided me a sound file. I uploaded it and the system sounds great without doing anything else. As you say - huge improvement over Hi-Fi! Very pleased!
How would I find out what radio system I have? My car is a 2021 M340i. I do not have the tweeters in the doors.

Prices seem to have gone up significantly.

Last edited by Randy Johnson; 04-25-2024 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0