Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum "Allstate Complete Protection" from dealer

10-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
Amdeekay
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Question "Allstate Complete Protection" from dealer

Hi guys, I will be taking Tanzanite Blue M340i xDrive through European delivery soon. I was at the dealership today to sign papers. The Finance guy offered to sell "Allstate complete Protection" for $2500 for a coverage period of 5 years. It seems to cover repair of curb rashes on rim, tire repair and replacement, paintless dent repairs (4" or less), windshield repair (cracks less than 6", chips less than 1.5") and more. I want to know if any of you guys have taken it, is it worth the $$? I live in Michigan and road conditions are not the best here. Any help appreciated.

Following is the exclusion list
Name:  Exclusions 1.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  192.0 KB
Name:  Exclusions 2.JPG
Views: 2013
Size:  36.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
chazbarrington
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Depends what value you place on an ownership experience without surprise expenses, assuming the policy is decent.

Does it require claims and reimbursement on your part or can you take it to the dealer? BMW has their own branded policies and your F&I guy may be pocketing more from this one.

The windshield coverage isn't great. Your auto policy may cover chip repair at no charge anyway. I bought BMW windshield protection for I believe around 1K on my last car and it paid for two new OEM windshields replaced at the dealer with no out of pocket, and loaner cars during replacement.

And that wheel and tire exclusion list is long and leaves plenty open to interpretation. For example #39 - what if you hit a pothole and crack a rim, and there's no "evidence of impact". Seriously?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
Amdeekay
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

The guy said I don't need to worry about claims and the dealer will do it for me. #39 sure seems to be vague.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:38 PM   #4
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

That’s a lot of money for things that may never happen and are usually not expensive to fix. Curb rash fixes around me are only $100-$125 and PDR is about $75 for an average ding. Windshield repair with my insurance company is $50. I never get any of that insurance when I buy a car. Just put the $2500 aside and use that if you are that worried about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amdeekay View Post
The guy said I don't need to worry about claims and the dealer will do it for me. #39 sure seems to be vague.
What the "guy" told you doesn't matter. The contract terms do. It seems high to me for what you get. Most of what you get either doesn't cost that much or is covered by insurance.

You can generally figure that anything proposed to you in the finance office is a bad idea!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:37 AM   #6
jrs130
Private
Rep
Drives: m340i

I had bought the rim and tire package from the dealer...complete waste of money apart from 1 flat I got fixed for 50 bucks I think, can't remember.

I had 1 rim cracked in 7 different places and they would NOT replace it because while cracked, the rim itself wasn't warped enough and was still within tolerance.
Appreciate 0