Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Misbehaving folding mirrors

03-13-2020, 01:10 AM   #1
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Misbehaving folding mirrors

Did I read somewhere on here that others have had issues with their folding mirrors?

When I got the car I was surprised to see the option deactivated on the idrive so I turned it on. I also turned on the beep on lock feature.

It always works when unlocking but when locking, sometimes the mirrors do not fold and it doesn’t always beep.

I then have to hold the lock button in on the key to fold the mirrors.

It’s a bit annoying - anyone found a fix?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 02:48 AM   #2
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Did I read somewhere on here that others have had issues with their folding mirrors?

When I got the car I was surprised to see the option deactivated on the idrive so I turned it on. I also turned on the beep on lock feature.

It always works when unlocking but when locking, sometimes the mirrors do not fold and it doesn’t always beep.

I then have to hold the lock button in on the key to fold the mirrors.

It’s a bit annoying - anyone found a fix?
Are you talking about the comfort access system (contactless) automatically locking the car and folding the mirrors when you leave the car?

If so... there are many reasons for the car not locking... from the manual....

Name:  00178A02-7521-4903-AFD7-DF183533991B.jpeg
Views: 541
Size:  560.0 KB
Name:  F274DE2C-E0C3-4E7A-904B-5D8C7037A36F.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  680.9 KB

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R

Last edited by Tam the Bam; 03-13-2020 at 02:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
BMKILLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

I have just experienced the same problem over the past few days, mine were working fine prior to this but recently the checkbox keeps unchecking itself, we're having an ongoing battle

If I press the clock button and hold it on the key both the mirrors fold in no problem, and by then switch on the cabin. I've changed no settings, just started to uncheck itself about a week ago now?

I just posted a similar thread and found this so I'll delete mine.

If anyone has an answer or advice please can you let us know, this is a new issue for me only a week ago it started.

Thanks 😊
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKILLA View Post
I have just experienced the same problem over the past few days, mine were working fine prior to this but recently the checkbox keeps unchecking itself, we're having an ongoing battle

If I press the clock button and hold it on the key both the mirrors fold in no problem, and by then switch on the cabin. I've changed no settings, just started to uncheck itself about a week ago now?

If anyone has an answer or advice please can you let us know, this is a new issue for me only a week ago it started.

Thanks 😊
Glad it's not just me! It must be a bug in iDrive.

My car is going in next Friday to have ConnectedDrive fixed so I will get them to look at it and let you know the outcome.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:05 AM   #5
BMKILLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKILLA View Post

Thanks 😊
Glad it's not just me! It must be a bug in iDrive.

My car is going in next Friday to have ConnectedDrive fixed so I will get them to look at it and let you know the outcome.
Thanks, it's driving me nuts!
Appreciate 0