Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK UK m340i options

03-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
TimewarpUK
Rep
Drives: M140i

UK m340i options

I'm looking to put my order in soon, but I've a few queries on the UK spec and options available.

• Is there any standard option not to have run flat tyres? They were a no-no on cars back when I got my m140i (2016) as they ruined the handling apparently
  • is reversing assistant available on the m340i, and in what package?
  • I'm assuming that the m package is standard on the m340i, therefore adaptive suspension is standard?

If anyone can help answer, I'd be grateful. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Hi. Good choice.

- Avoiding run flats - no you can't in the UK as standard. You can buy separate wheel and tyre sets but the dealer will have to put them on once in the UK. And £1000s more.

However the adaptive suspension is miles better than the M140i and whilst they aren't as good as the MPSS they aren't a deal breaker.

- Reversing assistant: yes it's a separate option not part of any package. You also get drive recorder with the same package.

- Adaptive is standard.
      03-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
TimewarpUK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Hi. Good choice.

- Avoiding run flats - no you can't in the UK as standard. You can buy separate wheel and tyre sets but the dealer will have to put them on once in the UK. And £1000s more.

However the adaptive suspension is miles better than the M140i and whilst they aren't as good as the MPSS they aren't a deal breaker.

- Reversing assistant: yes it's a separate option not part of any package. You also get drive recorder with the same package.

- Adaptive is standard.
Oh great. I noticed drive recorder, but didn't realise this included the reversing assistant, thanks. I guess drive recorder is essentially a dash cam?

As you can tell I'm a bit of a gadget geek, so I'm probably going for as many as possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes the driver recorder is effectively a dashcam.

The build your own car configurator on the UK website is good source of info.

Most of the tech stuff is in the tech package.

Reversing assistant, drive recorder, driving assistant pro are all separate options.
      03-07-2020, 02:34 PM   #5
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

I thought the actual reversing assistant just came as a standard feature. I think it's one of the options to the right of the rear camera view, yet to use it
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanli722 View Post
I thought the actual reversing assistant just came as a standard feature. I think it's one of the options to the right of the rear camera view, yet to use it
It's called Parking Assistant Plus and is an option - this gives you the surround and birds eye view of your car.

Parking Assistant Plus makes parking and manoeuvring the vehicle easier. It includes the Surround View system and Remote 3D View as well as the functions of Parking Assistant and Park Distance Control. The Surround View system offers the camera-based functions of Top View, Panorama View and 3D View. Cameras at the front and rear and in the exterior mirrors provide a 360° view around the vehicle including a three-dimensional visualisation. Panorama View, front and rear, makes it more safe to approach intersections and exits. In combination with radar-based monitoring of the area in front of the vehicle, the system warns of crossing traffic. An additional view on the Control Display shows the situation to the right and left of the vehicle. The displayed positioning lines facilitate positioning the vehicle at the stop line. The function is activated by the Panorama View button. Automatic activation is possible via the storage of personal locations (only with navigation). The view towards the front or rear depends on which gear is engaged. Remote View 3D enables the transfer of static images from 3D View to mobile terminal devices via the mobile phone network (only in combination with Remote Services). In Surround View, the vehicle and its surroundings can be viewed from any perspective. Only available with the Drive Recorder. Not available with Parking Assistant.

It's actually very good.
      03-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #7
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Reversing Assistant and Parking Assist Plus are two different things.

I'm pretty sure you are getting reversing assistant as standard. Tested it many times. It's working very well.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 03:08 AM   #8
Timpalimpa
Registered
Rep
Drives: None!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamera View Post
Reversing Assistant and Parking Assist Plus are two different things.

I'm pretty sure you are getting reversing assistant as standard. Tested it many times. It's working very well.
You are correct. If you use the configurator online, you'll see parking assistant is standard and that it includes reversing assist and even self parking!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 03:38 AM   #9
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Reverse Assistant is standard.

Reverse Assistant Plus is a separate option - adds a Birds eye view that is useful.

Parl Assist is something entirely different.

But check with dealer when ordering!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 04:56 AM   #10
TimewarpUK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpalimpa View Post
You are correct. If you use the configurator online, you'll see parking assistant is standard and that it includes reversing assist and even self parking!
I must have missed it. That's why I came here because it was a bit unclear. Thanks.

I'll double check with the dealer that everything is included when I order.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 09:30 AM   #11
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimewarpUK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpalimpa View Post
I must have missed it. That's why I came here because it was a bit unclear. Thanks.

I'll double check with the dealer that everything is included when I order.
Better off checking on here most sales people do not have a clue...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #12
TimewarpUK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Better off checking on here most sales people do not have a clue...
That is very true.

I remember the salesman telling me to double click the fob when locking the m140i as it "deadlocks the engine".
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #13
Karl V
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Yes the driver recorder is effectively a dashcam.
It is kinda, but it doesn't constantly record. It buffers the last 20 seconds only until you either have a prang or hit a button, then it saves the last 20 seconds plus the next 20 seconds - that is it. So you have to tell the car of any 'close misses' or 'domestic outbreaks' around you if you want to record it.

That said, as it's part of Parking Plus, it does record from all 4 cameras which is handy for side-on activity which dash cams tend to miss.

I've set up a quick record shortcut on the main display 'cos I'm pretty sure if the time came, I'd forget which little button down by the iDrive wheel to push...