Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK AC Schnitzer performance upgrade for M340i

03-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #1
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

AC Schnitzer performance upgrade for M340i

We just fitted the first AC Schnitzer performance upgrade to an M340i in the UK. We knew this customer was coming in beforehand so he remained at a safe distance and any parts of this car that were touched were wiped over with anti-bac, seat covers used, steering wheel covered, hands washed before and after etc

Anyway, we knew this car was going to be quick from the performance figures published by AC Schnitzer:

0-200km/h test:

BMW M340i standard 15.6 secs
BMW M2 Comp standard 14.9 secs
BMW M4 (F82) standard 14.2 secs
M340i by AC Schnitzer...........13.6 secs

We then thought that maybe the xDrive system was giving the M lite an unfair advantage against the full fat M cars, but look:

100-200km/h test:

M340i standard 11.2 secs
M2 Comp standard 10.7 secs
M4 standard 10.1 secs
M340i AC Schnitzer 9.4 secs.

Even with a 100km/h rolling start where the xDrive system is pretty much eliminated (it only works up to 112km/h) the tuned M340i is still brutally quick and walking away from the M cars (in standard form at least).

A couple of hours after installation I called the customer and he was very happy. He had found some Teslas to play with and confirmed that the upgrade was everything we had promised. If anything, he thought the 0-62mph time might be quicker than our published figure.

We understand that comparing tuned cars with standard cars is apples vs. oranges but it's still an interesting exercise, and this customer didn't want a loud exhaust, firm suspension or expensive running costs. He just wanted a very fast 3 series with a comprehensive warranty, and that's what he's got.

You can read more about this upgrade here:

https://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/perf...om-10573-p.asp

And all the performance figures for the upgrade are here:

https://preisliste.ac-schnitzer.de/a...36&ID_NR=29304

Feel free to ask any questions

Stay safe everyone

Lorcan working @ home
Attached Images

Appreciate 3