Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography Sd card Help needed!

11-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Sd card Help needed!

So a few days ago I notice that my sdcard randomly deleted 35 pictures ^in the middle of a shoot and I freak out a little. So I go online and find a photo recovery program called cardrecovery and run it. It finds the photos, but it's $45.

So I look for a cheaper option. So I find image rescue 4 on the reccomendaion of a friend and run it. It finds nothing. Then I need to go. I don't touch the card for a few days (too busy with tests and classes) and then I decide to give the first program another try and just shell out the money on the program that works.

My computer won't even recognize the existence of the sd card ^in my reader. Ita not the reader because my other card works just fine. So I turn on lennux and do a bit by bit recover. It finds nothing but it adds a 16 mb file ^in the DCIM folder.

And a regular recovery using software doesn't work either. And that's where I'm at now.

Ohh if I go into properties on the card it shows the information of my photos is there, all 12.6 Gb of it.

I also didn't want to pull the good photos off of my card for fear of further fragmenting the previously broken files.

I need a lot of help guys and any is appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Sandisk and Lexar have a recovery program that's free (or at least usually comes with their cards) so you should try looking that up. Be sure not to format to save other stuff over it. Try looking on their site to see if you can download a trial or something at least.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

If you have a Mac... try Data Rescue 3 or Disk Warrior.