BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-24-2024, 01:57 AM   #67
beaver9ght
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Remember folks you NEVER buy a first year production vehicle. That should be common sense by now. Apparently it’s not for some.

Secondly I only have one of your issues which is common. The brake squeal. I honestly don’t care but all your other gripes are for your year specific IMO, thus you shouldn’t have bought a first year production car. They always will have issues and problems. All known.
Do you even read the original post? None of these issues is ever addressed in later MY.

In fact, BMW introduced more gimmick when they put id8 into g8x. The s58 drivetrain has been tested on f97 a few years before finally put it into g8x. The id7 was already a solid and polished product when they make first g8x. Therefore, nothing is completely new when they make first g8x.

2021 is first model year for g8x
2022 is first model year for g8x with xdrive
2023 is first model year for g80 with id8
2024 is first model year for g82/3 with id8
2025 is first model year for g8x with id8.5 and bumped horsepower

I am very curious what smart choice you have made here to make you think you have followed that common sense.

Modern car industry is very different than average joe understands in the past. Manufacturers especially BMW continuously introduce new engine, transmission, interface instead of what is used to be. I suggest you stick with domestic and Toyota as they love to rebadge same chassis with same engine for decades until they finally can’t pass emissions and safety.
Appreciate 0