Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Unexpected Limp Mode and Error Codes After Recent Turbo & Port Injection Upgrades

07-05-2023, 10:37 PM   #1
Virtality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW G20 M340i X-Drive

Unexpected Limp Mode and Error Codes After Recent Turbo & Port Injection Upgrades

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone can provide insight into an issue I'm encountering with my G20 3-series. Recently, I've installed several significant upgrades to my car: a Boost Logic Sequential Port Injection Kit, a partial 5ive Performance Plug & Play Flex Fuel Kit (Motiv Reflex), and a Pure 850 Turbo. These joined my existing upgrades of a VRSF Catless Downpipe, an Eventuri Intake, an AWE Track Edition Exhaust, a Vargus VTT One Way Crankcase Breather, and a Transmission Build for 750. All of my tuning is being performed by Ecutek.

The car ran perfectly fine for about four days after the recent upgrades. However, today, I experienced two incidents where my car entered limp mode, threw a multitude of Check Controls, and presented some engine codes while I was driving casually. On both occasions, I stopped the car, inspected for leaks or loose connections (found none), and attempted to clear the codes, providing temporary relief.

However, during the most recent incident, I received an unfamiliar error code - 10021F ("Minimum sensor 1 falls below voltage throttle"). This one initially refused to clear, making me limp the car back home. After a couple of hours, I was finally able to clear this stubborn code, and the car seemed to operate normally again.

Previously, I had encountered codes 100221 ("Maximum Sensor exceeded 2 voltage throttle") and 101711 ("throttle position unknown: Notluftfahren about VVT").

The meaning of these codes eludes me, as I haven't been able to find any detailed references online. I would appreciate any insights into these issues and advice on where I should start investigating. As it stands, I'm hesitant to drive the car due to the fear of causing additional damage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0