Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Mod Friednly SA | NorCal

11-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Mod Friednly SA | NorCal

Looking for a mod friendly SA to get my oil change done

Nothing crazy, just a downpipe but I'd rather go to Jiffy Lube than swap it out twice

SF Bay Area, East Bay or South Bay preferred

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:24 PM   #2
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I highly doubt that they would hassle you over a downpipe for an oil change. I have a tune, downpipe, cold air intake, and springs and I was able to get an oil change. I would call around to the BMW shops around you and see if any of them are ex BMW service employees that can refer you to a friend who still works there, that's what happened to me in SoCal.
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 09:49 PM   #3
az335imsport
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Hey there!
Just moved to Nor Cal / Bay Area. Looking for a shop as well. Need general checkup and some mods; FMIC and Charge Pipe. Wondering if you were able to find someone. Thanks!
      08-17-2022, 11:46 PM   #4
IsleOfMs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
Looking for a mod friendly SA to get my oil change done

Nothing crazy, just a downpipe but I'd rather go to Jiffy Lube than swap it out twice

SF Bay Area, East Bay or South Bay preferred
What’s the concern? Worried they’ll void your warranty or is there some other angle I don’t understand?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 09:13 AM   #5
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tldr View Post
What’s the concern? Worried they’ll void your warranty or is there some other angle I don’t understand?
Correct, and also its a lease so I dont want anything being flagged they can later charge me for

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 04:21 PM   #6
IsleOfMs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

I'd be worried about the lease angle. I know a guy who put a CAI on a leased Integra Type R. He didn't remove it and the next owner somehow got water in the engine and they billed this guy for the engine damage.

These days when you trade in a car or motorcycle, they have you sign a form that says you didn't modify it in any way that makes it illegal (CARB).

But I'm guessing you have a plan to revert to stock before giving it back to them?

As far as the warranty goes, you're legally okay unless there's a failure that they can reasonably blame the mods on. They can't just say "we see this downpipe so we're cancelling your warranty." The only time to worry about the warranty is if the mod actually causes something to fail.

Maybe you're plan is to swap it back to normal if something breaks before you let them try to repair it. That's a decent plan unless you've done anything where the on board logs can tell. eg, if you tuned it and run more than stock boost, you can try to return the car to stock but I suspect if they pull the faults, they'll see that you were running boost which a factory tune would not allow.
Appreciate 0