Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Winter tire sizing

12-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Winter tire sizing

Looking to get a set of Pilot Alpin PA4 since I just moved to the pacific north west from SoCal. I have the performance tires which I believe are the pilot sport however I'm not seeing sizing available for my staggered m340 setup. Maybe I'm not understanding the sizing options or I need to order new rims to go with these tires. Any feedback? I just had to drive they the mt at temps around 35 degrees and not looking forward to that with these summer tires.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #2
rostrata
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
Looking to get a set of Pilot Alpin PA4 since I just moved to the pacific north west from SoCal. I have the performance tires which I believe are the pilot sport however I'm not seeing sizing available for my staggered m340 setup. Maybe I'm not understanding the sizing options or I need to order new rims to go with these tires. Any feedback? I just had to drive they the mt at temps around 35 degrees and not looking forward to that with these summer tires.
If you really need snow tires, I suggest the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3. Available in correct sizes for our staggered setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #3
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostrata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
If you really need snow tires, I suggest the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3. Available in correct sizes for our staggered setup.
I was looking at those but it looks like the pilots out perform them and are quieter. The roads here are gritted on purpose to increase traction so quieter is def a plus
Appreciate 0