Bimmerpost
3
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Purchasing and PCD delivery time line?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2021, 11:53 PM   #23
trife.
Private First Class
89
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: m40i & AR Giulia
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Has anyone with a Mexico build and PCD been able to add port installed accessories? I want the MPE but was told they can't do PIA for PCD. Seems kind of ridiculous that it isn't an option just because you want PCD.
Not sure exactly.. but confirmation email I received today from PCD said they won't install any accessories but some can be installed at port... just not sure which ones?
Yeah, I didn't think they'd do the install at PCD. But if the car has to go to the Brunswick port, I would think they could do it there. Who knows…maybe it has something to do with the scheduling/timing for PCD. I guess waiting on port installs could mess up the flow of their schedule? Oh well—no MPE it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #24
jlapicki
Lieutenant
jlapicki's Avatar
227
Rep
479
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Baltimore MD

iTrader: (0)

Final update.....Ordered on July 13, PCD confirmed a week later when production started, paid for on October 1 with only the $500 loyalty rebate and negotiated dealer discount, PCD on October 5 and 1 week tour of the southeast in the rain....flat tire on October 12 coming home into Baltimore....

12 weeks to the day from order to delivery....
Attached Images
  
__________________
2022 M440i Convertible - San Remo Green / Cognac
2021 Mazda 6 Signature - Machine Grey / Parchment
2020 M340i - Mineral White / Black - SOLD
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:10 PM   #25
tturedraider
Brigadier General
tturedraider's Avatar
United_States
1488
Rep
3,592
Posts

Drives: 18 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, Edgewater (via Texas & Tennessee)

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by renig View Post
Just found out any car built in Mexico has to be processed through VPC before a delivery date can be scheduled through the Performance Center. I was hoping to get a date scheduled once it was on the ship but apparently this isn't the case for cars built in Mexico.
Itís not just Mexico cars. All vehicles have to go to the VDC before they go to the Performance Center. Except SAVs built in SC, of course.


Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Has anyone with a Mexico build and PCD been able to add port installed accessories? I want the MPE but was told they can't do PIA for PCD. Seems kind of ridiculous that it isn't an option just because you want PCD.
That is a load of hooey.
__________________

www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

___________________________________________
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:55 PM   #26
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2155
Rep
4,988
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Has anyone with a Mexico build and PCD been able to add port installed accessories? I want the MPE but was told they can't do PIA for PCD. Seems kind of ridiculous that it isn't an option just because you want PCD.
I got the same exact line, which didn't make any sense to me, and then I found out it was a Mexico build and wondered if it made a difference. The only way I could see it making a difference is if the cars for PCD go on a train to SC directly, and never hit a port, but it seems like most of them wind up on a boat and going to a port... So I have no idea.

Did you ever get further clarification trife.?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #27
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2155
Rep
4,988
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
That is a load of hooey.
You say that, and I agree, but I am getting the same line too and my car is also a Mexico build.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 12:58 AM   #28
trife.
Private First Class
89
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: m40i & AR Giulia
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Has anyone with a Mexico build and PCD been able to add port installed accessories? I want the MPE but was told they can't do PIA for PCD. Seems kind of ridiculous that it isn't an option just because you want PCD.
I got the same exact line, which didn't make any sense to me, and then I found out it was a Mexico build and wondered if it made a difference. The only way I could see it making a difference is if the cars for PCD go on a train to SC directly, and never hit a port, but it seems like most of them wind up on a boat and going to a port... So I have no idea.

Did you ever get further clarification trife.?
No, I didn't really press my sales guy about it. He seems pretty knowledgeable and upfront, so I take him at his word. And if he could've made it happen I can't see why he wouldn't have tried.

As cool as the MPE is I'll be fine without it. Folks make it seem like the stock exhaust is completely silent, but some of the videos I've seen beg to differ. It'd be awesome to have but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 03:02 AM   #29
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2155
Rep
4,988
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trife. View Post
Has anyone with a Mexico build and PCD been able to add port installed accessories? I want the MPE but was told they can't do PIA for PCD. Seems kind of ridiculous that it isn't an option just because you want PCD.
I got the same exact line, which didn't make any sense to me, and then I found out it was a Mexico build and wondered if it made a difference. The only way I could see it making a difference is if the cars for PCD go on a train to SC directly, and never hit a port, but it seems like most of them wind up on a boat and going to a port... So I have no idea.

Did you ever get further clarification trife.?
No, I didn't really press my sales guy about it. He seems pretty knowledgeable and upfront, so I take him at his word. And if he could've made it happen I can't see why he wouldn't have tried.

As cool as the MPE is I'll be fine without it. Folks make it seem like the stock exhaust is completely silent, but some of the videos I've seen beg to differ. It'd be awesome to have but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.
Gotcha. I'm pushing for at least some explanation.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #30
SpeedyATL
Second Lieutenant
SpeedyATL's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: BMW 440i GC, M440CV ordered
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

My dealer is making me sign papers and turn in my trade 2 weeks before PCD. That seems excessive to me, but they are firm I was told....

They are generally good to work with so I guess I will be carless for 2 weeks. Hopefully its not too cold to ride a motorcycle to work in February....brrr.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #31
ham340
Private
9
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Raleigh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
My dealer is making me sign papers and turn in my trade 2 weeks before PCD. That seems excessive to me, but they are firm I was told....

They are generally good to work with so I guess I will be carless for 2 weeks. Hopefully its not too cold to ride a motorcycle to work in February....brrr.
2 weeks seems very early. I would contact the PC and see what they aaym usually I have seen 2-4 days before delivery to turn in.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #32
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2155
Rep
4,988
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham340 View Post
2 weeks seems very early. I would contact the PC and see what they aaym usually I have seen 2-4 days before delivery to turn in.
PC has nothing to do with trading in his current car.

They probably want it now because values are fluctuating so much.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 10:34 AM   #33
SpeedyATL
Second Lieutenant
SpeedyATL's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: BMW 440i GC, M440CV ordered
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

They really haven't given me a good reason, except "it is what it is...."

Maybe they are worried if I pull out of the deal, they are stuck with a car at the factory vs being delivered to their shop.

They locked my trade value back when I signed the deal, so there may be something to getting it as soon as possible, but out of what will probably be 4 months since the lock, 2 weeks is fairly small.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #34
Bc2005
Private
United_States
46
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

The car has to be paid for before they finalize the PCD, so maybe your dealer is just ultra conservative about the timeline. I paid for my car about a week before PCD and they weren’t getting worried about any deadlines. I assume the dealer just logs in and accepts the car (for delivery to you) once you finalize the deal, so it’s seems very simple.

Most manufacturers deliver cars to the dealer as a “30 day net” deal where the dealer gets the car with no interest credit for 30 days. After 30 days the dealer pays interest fees on the invoice cost until they pay the manufacturer. Maybe your dealer just likes to make a little extra cash on the 2 week float of your loan.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #35
ham340
Private
9
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Raleigh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
PC has nothing to do with trading in his current car.

They probably want it now because values are fluctuating so much.
You are right but the PC deals with this scenario day in and day out and can give some guidance on what is normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:51 PM   #36
smithf80
Brigadier General
smithf80's Avatar
United_States
2155
Rep
4,988
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham340 View Post
You are right but the PC deals with this scenario day in and day out and can give some guidance on what is normal.
PC accepts trade ins?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #37
ham340
Private
9
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: M340i
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Raleigh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
PC accepts trade ins?
No but they deal with making sure the dealer gets the contact signed and purchase settled before delivery. All I am saying is it is worth a phone call to see if they can provide any information.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #38
kmershly
Private
10
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
They really haven't given me a good reason, except "it is what it is...."

Maybe they are worried if I pull out of the deal, they are stuck with a car at the factory vs being delivered to their shop.

They locked my trade value back when I signed the deal, so there may be something to getting it as soon as possible, but out of what will probably be 4 months since the lock, 2 weeks is fairly small.
My dealer wanted me to sign papers two weeks beforehand, I actually ended up signing the papers three weeks beforehand because that was more convenient for me.

I asked why the two week minimum and the CA handed me a paper from BMWNA saying the customer should sign the papers a minimum of two weeks prior to doing PCD.

He said he personally didn't care one way or the other, but the paper said two week minimum so a two week minimum it is.

Now in my case I was not trading anything in, so it was just a case of signing papers.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #39
SpeedyATL
Second Lieutenant
SpeedyATL's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: BMW 440i GC, M440CV ordered
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

^ that sounds like the answer to me. Now if my dealer had communicated it to me like that, there would have never been an issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 06:51 PM   #40
kmershly
Private
10
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyATL View Post
^ that sounds like the answer to me. Now if my dealer had communicated it to me like that, there would have never been an issue.
Ime dealers find communication very hard, which I always found weird because one would think communication would be key to selling cars.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST