Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Considering m340i xdrive. Issues?

01-16-2022, 08:46 AM   #23
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Thanks all no ended up getting one in December.

Only complain I have is that I feel an odd vibration on the floor at around 2300rpm in all gears. I don't know if it's normal but I am fairly sure I test drove 2 other m340i before buying this one and I don't recall feeling any of that. I have new tires now and still same thing.

Otherwise seems like a great car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Thanks all no ended up getting one in December.

Only complain I have is that I feel an odd vibration on the floor at around 2300rpm in all gears. I don't know if it's normal but I am fairly sure I test drove 2 other m340i before buying this one and I don't recall feeling any of that. I have new tires now and still same thing.

Otherwise seems like a great car.
Did you get the car used?

The reason why I ask is (and this might be totally unrelated) because I got a new Remus exhaust fitted and it seems like the place I got it from didn't fit it properly because at around 1900-2200 rpm, I hear a rattle under the centre console. Similar to a vibration, it sounds like there is not enough clearance between the exhaust and the heat shield and this causes them to hit each other.

So maybe what happened is the previous owner had a difference exhaust on the car and got the original refitted and it wasn't fitting properly? So the exhaust is hitting the heat shield.

Like I said, might be completely wrong but just from my experience.
It was a new vehicle with essentially 22 miles on the odometer.
What you describe however could be similar because I feel as if the vibration is occurring at the peak of the exhaust "grunt" which is at around 2300rpm. I'll have the dealer check all that.
      01-19-2022, 11:43 AM   #24
Long Driver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
Is there a fix for the sunroof rattle? I'm around 4k miles and I think this just started to develop.
For me, they had to re-grease the sunroof seals. Worked like a charm.
Appreciate 0