Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Need Solid Advice!

03-30-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
KingLuii718
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Need Solid Advice!

Hello Car Community,

I would like to say M340i has been an amazing car. I own this car since August 2021. I loved every piece of it, it's also my first car.

My main goal is to upgrade exhaust and make it sound amazing, i love burbles and crackles. I dont want it to be extremely loud but loud enough to enjoy the engine and exhaust.

I have an order placed to get Dinan Exhaust but i'm about to give up due to wait of 3-4 months i had and just order an AWE exhaust. Undecided on whether i should get Track, Touring Resonated or non-resonated. Please let me know below the best exhaust to get

Also, I'm open to getting an intake, downpipe and even tune but I'm not sure how it tune works and if its revertible. I would like to revert the changes whenever i sell the car in the future so please advise me if tunes can be reverted and what's the best tune to get and why.

I'm newbie to the car scene but I'm trying to learn as much as possible, any references or guidance will be appreciate it!

Feel free to drop down your current builds and sound clips will be great!

My car - 2020 M340i xDrive Black Sapphire
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
b58.fazil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive Alpine W

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLuii718 View Post
Hello Car Community,

I would like to say M340i has been an amazing car. I own this car since August 2021. I loved every piece of it, it's also my first car.

My main goal is to upgrade exhaust and make it sound amazing, i love burbles and crackles. I dont want it to be extremely loud but loud enough to enjoy the engine and exhaust.

I have an order placed to get Dinan Exhaust but i'm about to give up due to wait of 3-4 months i had and just order an AWE exhaust. Undecided on whether i should get Track, Touring Resonated or non-resonated. Please let me know below the best exhaust to get

Also, I'm open to getting an intake, downpipe and even tune but I'm not sure how it tune works and if its revertible. I would like to revert the changes whenever i sell the car in the future so please advise me if tunes can be reverted and what's the best tune to get and why.

I'm newbie to the car scene but I'm trying to learn as much as possible, any references or guidance will be appreciate it!

Me personally, I have a had ‘21 m340 with AWE Track Exhaust, Catless DP and currently have a ‘20 m340i with the awe track exhaust with stock downpipe and it sounds insane. It sounds just as loud as my ‘21 m340i and that was a catless dp. You get so many burbles and crackles. You’ll get a couple gunshots every now and then when down shifting from 5th. A ton of burbles in 1st-6th.

Trust me you won’t regret it lol
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 07:21 AM   #3
bese60
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Get a downpipe and go from there
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 10:06 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

All mods are reversible, even the tune.

We have the AWE touring non-res and track in stock.

Both sound really good with a catted downpipe. You can also pair it with a catless downpipe but it's going to get raspy at high RPM.

Add a tune and an intake and you are all set

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 10:26 AM   #5
ergarza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340 M Sport

I have a 2020 m340 with dinan and AA catted downpipe and love the deep sporty sound that it makes, I have received a lot of compliments, it's really how the m340 should sound since day 1.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 11:45 PM   #6
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

If you want catless we got you covered!
https://mad-us.com/mad-b58-downpipe-...chassis-supra/

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 02:46 AM   #7
NoTanks52
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

I went MPE and AA catted DP and really love the sound.
Can be super loud if driving aggressively or a silent luxury sedan on demand.
Can’t speak for how it compares to the AWE and Dinan options but definitely check out some sound clips to get a feel for each of the various combos.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
I went MPE and AA catted DP and really love the sound.
Can be super loud if driving aggressively or a silent luxury sedan on demand.
Can’t speak for how it compares to the AWE and Dinan options but definitely check out some sound clips to get a feel for each of the various combos.
Post a sound clip please

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 08:33 AM   #9
Jovahkin
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i Xdrive

I have a 2021 M340i Xdrive and I'm super jealous of the way the 2020 model year sounds, I got mine with an October 2021 production date so it has the more subdued exhaust noise and milder tune without the cracks and pops. Didn't like how quiet it was with the stock setup so I went with the MPE(technically still stock I guess) and installed a VRSF catted DP, it made all the difference. I'll post a sound clip below, also running H&R lowering springs and JB4 on map 3 since this platform isn't tune-able yet (I could try to get it unlocked through FEMTO but I'll just wait and pray until a public release for an OBD flash comes out or it can be done local)also have 15MM spacers squared, don't mind the stock wheels I'm working on it XD.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 07:28 PM   #11
Paul Moran
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Hello Car Community,

Picture of my car
Just disconnect the exhaust valve in the open position then download bimmercode app and pair it with an OBD scanner to be plugged into the port on the left side where your legs go. Press the start button 3 times to activate diagnostic. Then using bimmercode you can change many things in your car including that fake noise coming out of the speakers. Cheap mod but it sounds great. Loud at cold start up and gives a little growl on warm start up. It now sounds like a sports sedan should. I love it and it doesn't drone on the motorway (highway) a must very cheap mod which is easily reversible. Just go for it
      04-26-2022, 11:58 AM   #12
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i 2022

Quote:
Hello Car Community,

I would also like to get a track exhaust I feel as it sounds a lil nicer than dinans
Appreciate 0