Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Mission Performance Presenting: World's First '21 DME Unlock paired with new Platform

Closed Thread

09-28-2021, 08:03 AM   #243
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
Does this work on the new locked M3 also?
Yes the Femto does
      09-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #244
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

September has come and gone. Nothing but crickets on this thread and the Mission Site.

I'm in a big rush to have all that extra horsepower for my snow/winter driving

Anyone have any updates? Alex @ mission, Chenry ????
Appreciate 2
      09-30-2021, 10:28 AM   #245
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01///G20///I20

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
September has come and gone. Nothing but crickets on this thread and the Mission Site.

I mean, I can only speak for where I live, but, our Winter is basically boost season here in Cali. We dont get a ton of rain and if you want snow you go to the mountains

www.BHANANA.com
2009 335i - SOLD
2021 M340i - GONE
2024 iX - Yea, she fast
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #246
ssgm1x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post

I wouldnt get my hopes up. Mission does not have the business sense nor man power to develop this any further. Go the RKTunes route if you want a flash tune.
      10-05-2021, 12:47 PM   #247
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgm1x View Post
I wouldnt get my hopes up. Mission does not have the business sense nor man power to develop this any further. Go the RKTunes route if you want a flash tune.
Lol smh. You know MP is successful with haters like you.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 04:21 PM   #248
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

look like BM3 is getting there

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1864201
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #249
evan103207
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzdu View Post
They are also using femtoevo
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 09:56 PM   #250
Boris0126
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Garage List
Any updates???⏳
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:22 AM   #251
b58.fazil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive Alpine W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris0126 View Post
Any updates???⏳
I believe they are still doing beta testing but have opened it more for locals and started to do flash bench unlock via their app on IOS. I would think it would be done and available at the earliest end of December or early January at this point. But when it is available it will be the best.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #252
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Any updates on this? Where is mission performance located? Keen on getting my 2021 M2C upgraded
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #253
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
Any updates on this? Where is mission performance located? Keen on getting my 2021 M2C upgraded
Located in Ranch Cucamonga, CA USA so you may need to wait until an official release.

Previous Car: BMW 2018 i3 Fluid Black with BMW i Frozen Blue accent

Previous Car: BMW 2015 328i Mineral Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #254
projectme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [0.00]
@MissionPerformance Just checking in to see if there is any ETA. Just wondering if I need to get a JB4 or if we have something coming up within the very near future?

Sold: '14 435i 6MT, Estoril Blue M-Sport, Akrapovic Exhaust, ER DP/CP/Intercooler, Injen Intake, JB4
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 04:48 PM   #255
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

@missionperformance, I’m just going to come out and say what everybody else is thinking; it’s clear by now that you do not have unlock capabilities for the new Bosch DME’s. Your silence speaks volumes.
Appreciate 2
ssgm1x417.50
      10-31-2021, 09:54 PM   #256
b58.fazil
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleventeen View Post
@missionperformance, I’m just going to come out and say what everybody else is thinking; it’s clear by now that you do not have unlock capabilities for the new Bosch DME’s. Your silence speaks volumes.
Patience. You won’t get a rise out of Alex.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:47 PM   #257
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20B58Lover View Post
LOL, you see exactly what I was doing there. In all seriousness, I really hope they can offer something for us post 06/2020 guys. If an OBD unlock isn’t possible, then a bench unlock is good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #258
b58.fazil
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
LOL, you see exactly what I was doing there. In all seriousness, I really hope they can offer something for us post 06/2020 guys. If an OBD unlock isn’t possible, then a bench unlock is good enough for me.
I understand what you are saying, but I think an OBD unlock from MP is impossible for right now. Instead they will probably do a bench DME unlock where you have to ship it if they do offer it. I also believe he is waiting on the mFlasher software to be finalized. Alex is more concern with his tunes being the best than releasing a hack job of a tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #259
b58.fazil
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You can just send it to Russia to be unlocked lmao 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:18 PM   #260
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You can just send it to Russia to be unlocked lmao 😂😂😂
Yep, that’s an option. However, it sounds like you have to use their software to do the tuning. They can’t unlock it for the use of BM3 (and presumably others) at the moment, at least for flashing in the field.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:20 PM   #261
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but I think an OBD unlock from MP is impossible for right now. Instead they will probably do a bench DME unlock where you have to ship it if they do offer it. I also believe he is waiting on the mFlasher software to be finalized. Alex is more concern with his tunes being the best than releasing a hack job of a tune.
I’d be okay with shipping the DME to them for an unlock since they’re in the U.S. They seem to have a good rep.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #262
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

So here is what I have been able to gather to date over the last several months based on my visits to MP and conversations with Alex – keep in mind that I am not impacted by the 21+ unlock (I have an early 2020) so I approach the subject from the perspective of a curious enthusiast and am simply passing along info.

Also in hopes of (me) not confusing anyone there are two separate subjects
  1. The 21+ unlock
  2. The new MP IOS app that is in closed beta testing that the unlock (and the other MP offerings) will ride on. As an example….I am currently using the new app (thus my frequent conversations with the gentlemen) but it does not have 21+ unlock capabilities yet.
Disclaimer: My takeaways are random and not linear from first to last. And again, I’m not speaking for the guy just passing along info in hopes that it may help the forum. I also have nothing further to share at this time so any questions that my comments generate will need to be directed at MP (you've got all I have to give)
  • Unlock is legit – I experienced the X5 in person at the shop running performance software – thing was fast. (probably not worth mentioning but there you go)
  • Alex is presently not happy with the overall stability of the unlock in that he feels it is too prone to DME updates (OTA and dealer) for widespread consumer release. For this reason he feels it is not ready just yet as a consumer product and nothing he would put his name on. Said he doesn’t want his customers needing to send DMEs back and forth every time BMW sneezes.
  • Claims a new bootloader (I’m just repeating a word here – not really sure what this means) is being released by BMW December/January timeframe that will mean that any current unlock solution will be sent back to the drawing board – he is anticipating this with his offering. Commented to me “Chris just watch it’s coming from BMW trust me”
  • Apple with their IOS 15x release killed 99% of the ethernet connection for any app using a wired connection (cable issue I believe he said) – he just finished up working with Apple to have this fixed for IOS 15.2 (release). All tuners and app developers will benefit from this. While the app that is in Beta (the one I am playing around with) can still connect with a wireless adaptor until Apple makes this fix with their new release – there is no cable connection. Alex prefers a cabled connection although wireless is fully supported. I ran into this issue when I updated the IOS on my iphone
  • Under OEM pressure and/or has responsibility outside of the consumer side of the business to ensure solution is 100% stable
  • Security still a little iffy
  • Will own solution on his closed architecture platform from unlock to tune and will not allow any other tuners to write to it. Said this eliminates many variables for him and his customers in that the offering is controlled by him soup to nuts
  • Is absolutely not going to make a consumer move until it is exactly what he wants
  • Also presently in the works: the app, BMW electric platform development, oem work/white label, another tesla side project, and building his project cars among other things
Ps- as a reminder MP is a brick and mortar shop in SoCal (not far from the California Speedway) they maintain normal shop hours and pick up the phone (usually) – I highly encourage anyone that may have questions or find themselves speculating about this or that to simply call them. Just don’t call him for an exact release date, an overly aggressive burble tune, make your car shoots flames, push your engine beyond what he feels is responsible etc….you’ve been warned

Hope this helps

MissionPerformance apologies if I over stated anything or misspoke, if so please let me know ASAP and I will certainly delete or update as need be
Appreciate 6
      11-03-2021, 11:37 AM   #263
Eleventeen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
So here is what I have been able to gather to date over the last several months based on my visits to MP and conversations with Alex – keep in mind that I am not impacted by the 21+ unlock (I have an early 2020) so I approach the subject from the perspective of a curious enthusiast and am simply passing along info.

Also in hopes of (me) not confusing anyone there are two separate subjects
  1. The 21+ unlock
  2. The new MP IOS app that is in closed beta testing that the unlock (and the other MP offerings) will ride on. As an example….I am currently using the new app (thus my frequent conversations with the gentlemen) but it does not have 21+ unlock capabilities yet.
Disclaimer: My takeaways are random and not linear from first to last. And again, I’m not speaking for the guy just passing along info in hopes that it may help the forum. I also have nothing further to share at this time so any questions that my comments generate will need to be directed at MP (you've got all I have to give)
  • Unlock is legit – I experienced the X5 in person at the shop running performance software – thing was fast. (probably not worth mentioning but there you go)
  • Alex is presently not happy with the overall stability of the unlock in that he feels it is too prone to DME updates (OTA and dealer) for widespread consumer release. For this reason he feels it is not ready just yet as a consumer product and nothing he would put his name on. Said he doesn’t want his customers needing to send DMEs back and forth every time BMW sneezes.
  • Claims a new bootloader (I’m just repeating a word here – not really sure what this means) is being released by BMW December/January timeframe that will mean that any current unlock solution will be sent back to the drawing board – he is anticipating this with his offering. Commented to me “Chris just watch it’s coming from BMW trust me”
  • Apple with their IOS 15x release killed 99% of the ethernet connection for any app using a wired connection (cable issue I believe he said) – he just finished up working with Apple to have this fixed for IOS 15.2 (release). All tuners and app developers will benefit from this. While the app that is in Beta (the one I am playing around with) can still connect with a wireless adaptor until Apple makes this fix with their new release – there is no cable connection. Alex prefers a cabled connection although wireless is fully supported. I ran into this issue when I updated the IOS on my iphone
  • Under OEM pressure and/or has responsibility outside of the consumer side of the business to ensure solution is 100% stable
  • Security still a little iffy
  • Will own solution on his closed architecture platform from unlock to tune and will not allow any other tuners to write to it. Said this eliminates many variables for him and his customers in that the offering is controlled by him soup to nuts
  • Is absolutely not going to make a consumer move until it is exactly what he wants
  • Also presently in the works: the app, BMW electric platform development, oem work/white label, another tesla side project, and building his project cars among other things
Ps- as a reminder MP is a brick and mortar shop in SoCal (not far from the California Speedway) they maintain normal shop hours and pick up the phone (usually) – I highly encourage anyone that may have questions or find themselves speculating about this or that to simply call them. Just don’t call him for an exact release date, an overly aggressive burble tune, make your car shoots flames, push your engine beyond what he feels is responsible etc….you’ve been warned

Hope this helps

MissionPerformance apologies if I over stated anything or misspoke, if so please let me know ASAP and I will certainly delete or update as need be
So by this: “ Will own solution on his closed architecture platform from unlock to tune and will not allow any other tuners to write to it. Said this eliminates many variables for him and his customers in that the offering is controlled by him soup to nuts” I assume he means his unlock is not going to work with BM3, MHD, etc….
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #264
Care01less
@That.M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Comp

Quote:
So by this: “ Will own solution on his closed architecture platform from unlock to tune and will not allow any other tuners to write to it. Said this eliminates many variables for him and his customers in that the offering is controlled by him soup to nuts” I assume he means his unlock is not going to work with BM3, MHD, etc….
What I got out of it is an all in one package from unlock to tuning. As in from my understanding of the past few posts he alone is the only person/company that can use their unlock method and be able to tune the vehicle through his tools. Another tuner can not tune the vehicle and have the app still work etc. Just my observations, I may be incorrect but that's the impression I got from the posts.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread