Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G26 430/440 Gran Coupe Power seat deletion (ZDC)

10-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

I will do my part, sfbimmer. I imagine it will have to be all new front seats!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #24
GranCoupay
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 G26 M440i, '20 G01 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer View Post
According to my dealership, power seats seem to be available for new GC orders. At least for now.

Even BMW Geniuses did not know anything about it as of yesterday. My SF bay area dealer who seems to have pre-sold all 430/440 GC allocations are notifying customers now.
BMW really sneaked this in unlike other deletions, probably to not miss the launch date.

Fans are the ones who jumped into the first batch of orders after waiting for months until they can order. BMW should have notified this asap to dealers, instead of waiting to find out when the ships reach destination ports.

I double checked all options with dealer and through the Genius line just before production started. Pretty mad about this as no way I can convince my wife to accept this as we swap vehicles fairly often and gotten used to easy seat adjustments into preferred settings. Dealer said they asked BMW for a post delivery swap/fix but got a no. They are advising me (customers) to reach out to BMW. If you are affected please complain and see whether BMW can commit to a post delivery swap.
Let me know how we can get started - any contact info links, etc. I just called Genius and they confirmed the power seat delete. I asked if it was just for passenger, but no answer. We should get a loftier manufacturer discount on this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 04:52 PM   #25
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redditor9000 View Post
Ajaxxn- My main issue is- the way things are going, if we wait, we may be waiting for years to get a car with the electronic options we want that are currently in our builds.
A high tech car without power seat is analogous to high-end smart phone without bluetooth(e.g.), it just does not feel right ....

For a base G20 like mine, manual seats(and analog gauges, etc, etc) may enhance the retro charm.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:35 PM   #26
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Pontiac GTA

suspicious bmw

hey, i made an account to this site so i can reply. I took a screenshot of the standard features of Sunday and then again on Monday.
Looks like im in the same confused and somewhat disappointed/mad boat as you guys. I'm on the phone with Genius as i post this to see whats up.

I had ordered the 22 430i GC.

So far she said i still have the heated seats and lumbar but not power...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #27
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac2bmw View Post
hey, i made an account to this site so i can reply. I took a screenshot of the standard features of Sunday and then again on Monday.
Looks like im in the same confused and somewhat disappointed/mad boat as you guys. I'm on the phone with Genius as i post this to see whats up.

I had ordered the 22 430i GC.

So far she said i still have the heated seats and lumbar but not power...

So yeah, finished the conversation. There are no power seats. The car does remain to have heated front seats and lumbar for the driver.
50k+ vehicle not having power seats in 2022... rough.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #28
yb2299
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M440i

I called back to my sales rep, since this unexpected deletion from my original order on the power seat option. He told me the dealership has been on the shadow for quite sometimes didn’t know about it until few days ago. At this moment they had nothing to do. I was frustrated just like some of you guys by this late notification while my vehicle heading to the port of discharge Baltimore ETA 10/26/21. My sales rep told me due to a wide spread global chip shortage crisis even orders for the upcoming delivery found out a deletion on Harman Kardon surround sound, Gesture Control, Head-up Display, Wireless Charging etc, etc.
At this moment, I think even we made a fresh order things is not going to be better.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 08:59 PM   #29
Ajaxxn
Jax
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbimmer View Post
According to my dealership, power seats seem to be available for new GC orders. At least for now.

Even BMW Geniuses did not know anything about it as of yesterday. My SF bay area dealer who seems to have pre-sold all 430/440 GC allocations are notifying customers now.
BMW really sneaked this in unlike other deletions, probably to not miss the launch date.

Fans are the ones who jumped into the first batch of orders after waiting for months until they can order. BMW should have notified this asap to dealers, instead of waiting to find out when the ships reach destination ports.

I double checked all options with dealer and through the Genius line just before production started. Pretty mad about this as no way I can convince my wife to accept this as we swap vehicles fairly often and gotten used to easy seat adjustments into preferred settings. Dealer said they asked BMW for a post delivery swap/fix but got a no. They are advising me (customers) to reach out to BMW. If you are affected please complain and see whether BMW can commit to a post delivery swap.
What do you mean when you say, "reach out to bmw" …There a number we call (bmw genius?) cause i complained up the whazoo to them and they just said there is nothing they can do. Who can we contact, and how do we contact them? I will definitely do it…Not happy about this at all.
      10-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #30
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

So now that they make electric cars they didn't save enough for the electric seats lol the irony
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #31
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

If there is no impending need(e.g. lease running out, company cars going away, etc, etc), I will just reorder and wait.

If the must-have options are still missing when the car arrives at dealer, I will not buy the car.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2021, 09:49 PM   #32
sfbimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Monaco Blue Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxxn View Post
What do you mean when you say, "reach out to bmw" …There a number we call (bmw genius?) cause i complained up the whazoo to them and they just said there is nothing they can do. Who can we contact, and how do we contact them? I will definitely do it…Not happy about this at all.

Dealer said if BMW North America hear a loud pushback from customers they might do something as there are probably couple thousand cars affected.
I am also not sure how to do so. I called BMW genius line and complained and asked them to propagate the complaint up the chain.
Here is the # for those of you new to this.
1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487)
Appreciate 1
Ajaxxn100.00
      10-21-2021, 08:37 AM   #33
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know what the manual seat levers and all that are going to look like?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:15 AM   #34
bmwloverm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i 2022

Question about these "deletions"...

If you have an order already placed and signed... are they simply removing that feature and providing you the $$$ for that deletion but the car is gonna be built ANYWAY...

or

do your dealer call you to see if you want to cancel the order?

Which are your experiences with the HUD delete (for non-top-specs ones), power seat deletion, Sateillite radio deletion, etc?

WERE YOU GIVEN THE POSSIBILITY TO CANCEL ORDER?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #35
pontiac2bmw
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post

If you have an order already placed and signed... are they simply removing that feature and providing you the $$$ for that deletion but the car is gonna be built ANYWAY...

or

Which are your experiences with the HUD delete (for non-top-specs ones), power seat deletion, Sateillite radio deletion, etc?

For me... The dealer didn't even know until I called inquiring about it. Then i confirmed it by calling the "Genius". The car has already been built and waiting to be boarded onto a boat. They (BMW) just slipped in this huge detail of deletion without really mentioning it to anyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:40 AM   #36
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Manual seats are only a minor PITA if there's only one driver (set it and forget it), but even then, one sometimes wants to make minor adjustments while driving, and that's tricky and potentially dangerous. For any car that will have two drivers, it's got to be a deal-breaker without the memory, and as others have mentioned: really bad for resale.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #37
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post

or

The MSRP is adjusted for any deletions. And you aren't locked into the order. You always have the option to cancel the order/not accept the car.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #38
Redditor9000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC

Curiously- If I go to the BMW website right now and build out a 440i coupe model- under 'Standard features: Comfort and Convenience' I see this:

"Power front sport seats including 2-way power side bolsters, 1-way manual headrests and thigh support, and memory system for driver's seat and exterior mirror positions"

But if I build out a 440i Gran Coupe model, under the same place, I see this:

"Front sport seats"

Do we have confirmation from anyone that current Gran Coupe builds have power seats now?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:28 PM   #39
drseuss19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3, 2021 M340i, 2022 M440

My M440i is almost at port and according to my SA today, they removed nothing. He said it’s as ordered and no longer on stop sale. This is all very curious.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2021, 09:56 PM   #40
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Curiously- If I go to the BMW website right now and build out a 440i coupe model- under 'Standard features: Comfort and Convenience' I see this:

"Power front sport seats including 2-way power side bolsters, 1-way manual headrests and thigh support, and memory system for driver's seat and exterior mirror positions"

"Front sport seats"

Do we have confirmation from anyone that current Gran Coupe builds have power seats now?
I don’t quite understand what you’re asking. In the U.S. market power seats have been standard across the BMW range for a good number of years now. Until now with this recent development on the 4er Gran Coupe where power seats are deleted and manual seats are substituted.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

10-21-2021, 10:08 PM   #41
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:

"Front sport seats"

My guess is "Front sport seats" are not powered, while "Power front sport seats" are powered.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:00 PM   #42
weitz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red X4M Competition

Garage List
Quote:

"Front sport seats"

My GC is “scheduled for production” (week 44), and on my build it still lists “power front seats.” I reached out to my SA and he said there have been no changes to my build and there is nothing on their bmw bulletin about power seat deletions… 🤷*♀️
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 11:21 PM   #43
PlasticDude
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Gran Coup

Son of a B… called today and yup, no power seats. Car sitting at port, the response, "at least you are not one of the stop sales waiting for the RAM…" first I had the removal of laser lights and now power seats, this is such bull.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #44
drseuss19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x3, 2021 M340i, 2022 M440

Quote:
Originally Posted by weitz View Post
My GC is “scheduled for production” (week 44), and on my build it still lists “power front seats.” I reached out to my SA and he said there have been no changes to my build and there is nothing on their bmw bulletin about power seat deletions… 🤷*♀️
Same here. Spoke with my SA and mine is as ordered and off stop sale.
Appreciate 0