Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Pixel 6 (Pro) and Android Auto Issues

12-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
Nai1ZuTe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i

Pixel 6 (Pro) and Android Auto Issues

I recently got the pixel 6 pro in US and couldn't wait to try it on my G20. The previous Android phone is a little buggy but I configured it to work properly most of the time. I thought Pixel should work great given it's the "OEM" android phone. It connected to the head unit flawlessly first time, but afterwards I lost audio from any media (bluetooth only media, android auto navigation and media etc...). The phone shows the music is playing through phone speaker yet I could not hear anything from either phone or car.

I tried to delete and reconnect both bluetooth and wifi on my phone and car, reset phone settings. Nothing worked. On my last try I couldn't even bring up the android auto. The head unit screen does not say connect Android Auto at all and phone is displaying "looking for Android Auto".

I found a few people complaining about pixel 6 w/ android auto issues tho none is similar to my situation. Anyway, if someone here owns a pixel 6 and it's working with your car, please share what you did. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I have had many pixel phones, ime their implementation of Bluetooth leaves something to be desired.

I have had lots of issues with Pixels and car infotainment, I don't have my Pixel yet and honestly, I am contemplating not keeping it due to exactly th a t funky implementation with car infotainment.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
Nai1ZuTe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post
I have had many pixel phones, ime their implementation of Bluetooth leaves something to be desired.

I have had lots of issues with Pixels and car infotainment, I don't have my Pixel yet and honestly, I am contemplating not keeping it due to exactly th a t funky implementation with car infotainment.
Ah yeah, pixel 6 pro has a few more minor issues but won't turn me away. The android auto one, however might be a trigger point for me to return the phone.

It doesn't feel like a major upgrade from my huawei mate 20 pro, especially considering it already lost support from google services
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 09:47 AM   #4
e90dude1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i - M Sport

Android Auto still doesn't work correctly for some Android Phones, it isn't just on BMWs either, the wireless part needs to get sorted out better as there is a core issue, myself and friends have all had issues with wireless android auto in VW, BMW, and Ford...the stuttering auto or no connection at all is the most common problem, most of these have been Samsung phones but I also had a friend with an LG try to connect at the stuttering started immediately, super annoying
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 11:47 AM   #5
Nai1ZuTe
Private First Class
Rep

Finally got it working in case anyone is wondering - AA turns on driving mode and Do Not Disturb automatically. You can either disable DND mode, or in the DND settings, toggle the option for play media. As soon as I toggled that option the sound is coming back
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #6
e90dude1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i - M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90dude1 View Post
Android Auto still doesn't work correctly for some Android Phones, it isn't just on BMWs either, the wireless part needs to get sorted out better as there is a core issue, myself and friends have all had issues with wireless android auto in VW, BMW, and Ford...the stuttering auto or no connection at all is the most common problem, most of these have been Samsung phones but I also had a friend with an LG try to connect at the stuttering started immediately, super annoying
A follow up, somehow my wireless AA is working now without any stuttering audio or disconnects...not sure if AA finally fixed this issue or Android/Samsung did, for the past few weeks I have been connecting automatically when I start up the car and have all the functionality I have with the wired connection...happy they got the issue fixed!
Appreciate 0