BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Floor mats

12-24-2021, 03:28 AM   #1
gregch
Private
Rep
Drives: G22 420i

Floor mats

Given the weather I wanted to get some rubber floor mats for the new car.

Does anyone know if 51472461170 is the right part number for a RHD G22? All the parts places online I've seen want the VIN to confirm, but don't seem to be able to decode the VIN correctly (comes up as a previous gen 3 series).

Thanks, and apologies in advance for the number of newbie questions that have been (and probably will be) forthcoming!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
gregch
Private
Rep

I guess a simpler question might have been: do the G20 3 series mats also fit the G22 4 series? I've assumed yes, and ordered some, so I'll know soon and will update, in case anyone has the same question in future.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #3
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregch View Post
I guess a simpler question might have been: do the G20 3 series mats also fit the G22 4 series? I've assumed yes, and ordered some, so I'll know soon and will update, in case anyone has the same question in future.
According to this they're the same:

https://store.inchcape.co.uk/product...new-3-4-series
Appreciate 1
gregch26.50
      12-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Quote:
According to this they're the same:

https://store.inchcape.co.uk/product...new-3-4-series
Thanks for that - yes finger crossed looks like they should fit both.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #5
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Thanks for that - yes finger crossed looks like they should fit both.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 08:38 AM   #6
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

Small tip, when I ordered rubber mats for my G21 I didn't realise that they now come in separate sets as front and rear. Keep in mind in case you want both fronts and rears.
Appreciate 2
gregch26.50
      01-10-2022, 09:54 AM   #7
gregch
Private
Rep

Thanks everyone! The all weather mats have arrived; they came with a set of velcro fixing disks. I assumed these were just spares that came with the mats in case the car didn't have any mats fitted to start with, but the installation leaflet specifically says to throw away any existing disks, and replace with the ones supplied.

Seems mad to fit new sets of fixings every time I want to switch from regular mats to all weather mats and vice versa (well I guess it's only twice a year, but still...). Any ideas if/why that's strictly necessary, unless they break?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 03:07 AM   #8
Ross_
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 Touring

Quote:
Thanks everyone! The all weather mats have arrived; they came with a set of velcro fixing disks. I assumed these were just spares that came with the mats in case the car didn't have any mats fitted to start with, but the installation leaflet specifically says to throw away any existing disks, and replace with the ones supplied.

Seems mad to fit new sets of fixings every time I want to switch from regular mats to all weather mats and vice versa (well I guess it's only twice a year, but still...). Any ideas if/why that's strictly necessary, unless they break?
I think it's a legal safety thing, probably some lawsuit in america where someones mat slid under a pedal or something. I've never changed mine & swap the mats around a few times a year.

(also for my insurance company, I change my mat discs every time I swap my mats out - don't you worry).
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:09 AM   #9
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_ View Post
I think it's a legal safety thing, probably some lawsuit in america where someones mat slid under a pedal or something. I've never changed mine & swap the mats around a few times a year.

(also for my insurance company, I change my mat discs every time I swap my mats out - don't you worry).

Thanks for that, makes perfect sense and just as I suspected!
Appreciate 0