Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics PDC sensor replacement

12-24-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
BMWRNMD
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 M340i

PDC sensor replacement

My parking assist doesn't work (no beeping or warning when getting too close to something)

So I go to the dealer and they point out that one of the front PDC sensors has some damage on the front of it most likely from a little rock hitting it. They said it would need to get replaced to get the parking assist to work again and of course, quoted me an absurd amount to do it.

Does anyone know the best way to get access to the PDC sensors on the front of a G20 to replace it and also if possible provide a the right part number?

Car is a 2021 M340i.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 09:39 AM   #2
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRNMD View Post
My parking assist doesn't work (no beeping or warning when getting too close to something)

So I go to the dealer and they point out that one of the front PDC sensors has some damage on the front of it most likely from a little rock hitting it. They said it would need to get replaced to get the parking assist to work again and of course, quoted me an absurd amount to do it.

Does anyone know the best way to get access to the PDC sensors on the front of a G20 to replace it and also if possible provide a the right part number?

Car is a 2021 M340i.

Thank you!
I really feel like this should've been warranty work. Any other dealerships you can try?

Hey Google, play "Who Am I" by Beenie Man
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
BMWRNMD
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_ckash623 View Post
I really feel like this should've been warranty work. Any other dealerships you can try?
I agree that this should be covered by warranty but they claim it is a rock that hit the sensor and the mark is visible right in the middle of it.

Also when I got the car back from the dealer, there was a deep scratch right next to the reflector on the right side that went through the clear coat into the base coat. Im 100% sure it wasnt there b/c i inspected the car prior but they dont want to take responsibility. Funny thing is i actually have dashcam footage showing the tech put the car into drive on accident when backing out of the lift area, so who knows that it could have hit when it jerked forward.

So, I lost complete trust in going to the dealer anymore for anything unless im 100% sure it will be a warranty covered job.
Appreciate 0