Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Comfort Plus - Should I Have a Digital Key Card?

01-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #23
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Spraying a hose on the door handles also unlocks the car :
LOL - that was a day 2 learning experience for me, too. Quickly found the trick is to leave the key in the house ... elsewhere in the forums the alternative advice is to pop the key inside the car.
I unlock the car to wash it, so the mirrors stay out, and just leave the key on the drivers seat. Never had the boot pop open when washing it
That's what I've always done with the Z4, just didn't bother today as it was only a quick rinse with the hose.

willougs that's ok but when you take the key inside the car locks itself, so you go and fetch the key, unlock the car, take the key indoors, come out, the car's locked itself, so you go and fetch the key, unlock the car, take the key indoors…

No wonder it takes so bloody long to wash the damn thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #24
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

If the drivers door is left open, and I walk away with the key, mine doesn't lock. I touch handle to unlock, open door, walk away and place key indoors, and then shut drivers door.
      01-16-2022, 03:29 PM   #25
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
If the drivers door is left open, and I walk away with the key, mine doesn't lock. I touch handle to unlock, open door, walk away and place key indoors, and then shut drivers door.
Ah, see what you mean. Must admit I've never tried that. I'll give it a go.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 05:15 PM   #26
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
Just wanted to ask, for those that have taken delivery recently and have the key card was there ever a reason to think they wouldn’t be there? (was the digital key delete shown on the original order?)
Somewhere during my ordering process there was a mention of digital key being deleted but I've a feeling it was in the personalised configurator link I was sent - it's definitely not on the order form.

Really wasn't bothered about having this function - comfort access is more than good enough. My original concern was the car has the NFC pad and I was able to set up my iPhone as a key so I was worried there could be an active keycard for my car floating around. The blurb in the BMW app isn't exactly reassuring when it says "A digital key that has already been paired with the vehicle is installed on the Key Card. The digital key must be activated via iDrive."
      01-16-2022, 05:21 PM   #27
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Ah, see what you mean. Must admit I've never tried that. I'll give it a go.
I think you might have contactless locking/unlocking switched on? It was disabled by default on mine. When I switched it on I found the car would go through a cycle of unlocking then locking again every time I came down the stairs in the house.

I've switched on the bleepy noise which I find quite helpful.
      01-16-2022, 06:14 PM   #28
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Comfort Plus - Should I Have a Digital Key Card?

I've got lock when you walk away on, but not unlock when you approach, otherwise as you say it just locks and unlocks ad nauseum if you get too close.

What I didn't realise is that you can keep it unlocked by leaving the door open when you walk away. Obvious I suppose but I'd never thought to do it.
Appreciate 0