Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 2022 330I braking/steering vibration questions?

01-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #1
tylers1027
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

2022 330I braking/steering vibration questions?

Hi all - I just purchased a 2022 BMW 330I with M-Sport package. Loving it so far but just had a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with. The car has 500 miles. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1) Regarding braking. When using the brakes often they are nice and smooth and have no issues. The thing I noticed is when I initially push the brake pedal after driving for a bit without touching it. On the initial push of the brake, there's almost a sticky feeling that I feel to be coming free from. I wasn't sure if this was due to the new brakes or what? It's not terrible or anything, I just wasn't sure why I only feel it after not touching the brake pedal a few minutes but not when using the brakes repeatedly.

2) Regarding the steering wheel feedback. I have the setting on where I get the steering vibration when I get to close to going over my lane which has been nice. Today for some reason, I got a few quick bursts of the steering wheel feedback when driving about 15mph up a hill (not departing from my lane). I didn't know if maybe because the roads were a little snowy if it made the sensor think I was going over my lane when I wasn't, making the feedback kick in?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:11 AM   #2
jbarba
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: G21 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylers1027 View Post
Hi all - I just purchased a 2022 BMW 330I with M-Sport package. Loving it so far but just had a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with. The car has 500 miles. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1) Regarding braking. When using the brakes often they are nice and smooth and have no issues. The thing I noticed is when I initially push the brake pedal after driving for a bit without touching it. On the initial push of the brake, there's almost a sticky feeling that I feel to be coming free from. I wasn't sure if this was due to the new brakes or what? It's not terrible or anything, I just wasn't sure why I only feel it after not touching the brake pedal a few minutes but not when using the brakes repeatedly.

2) Regarding the steering wheel feedback. I have the setting on where I get the steering vibration when I get to close to going over my lane which has been nice. Today for some reason, I got a few quick bursts of the steering wheel feedback when driving about 15mph up a hill (not departing from my lane). I didn't know if maybe because the roads were a little snowy if it made the sensor think I was going over my lane when I wasn't, making the feedback kick in?
get rid of departure line assistant, relies on kafas, is very intrusive and not proper sees road line with adverse weather like snow
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 11:18 AM   #3
Jmartinez
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340

Is there a way to completely shut it off
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 11:38 AM   #4
tylers1027
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarba View Post
get rid of departure line assistant, relies on kafas, is very intrusive and not proper sees road line with adverse weather like snow
Thanks for the reply; I may disable it. The vibration was nice when cruising down the highway but I may turn it off if raining or snowy. I did try to lane auto-correct and found it to be too aggressive. Rather than gently correct me to the center it feels more like it over-corrects and sends you flying toward the other lane; very scary if you aren't expecting it!
Appreciate 0