Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #1739
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma735 View Post
So i just confirmed with Genius itís on the Glovis Challenge due to make port Nov 21, so the timeline is starting to make sense. I wish BMW would add a few milestones to the web app such as left departure port, arrived at destination port, departed port for dealership.
Mine is on that vessel also. Due at port 11/22 for me. I am in New York.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #1740
Vmaxx
Private
17
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer006 View Post
Check out what is the s/w version installed in your car, mine was built in September and it came with 07/2020.48, I just upgraded it to 07/2020.54 this morning. Upgrade went smooth, but still didn't have a chance to drive my car after the upgrade, hopefully they didn't mess up anything else.
Mine also has .48 and when I check for updates it says there are none available.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:19 PM   #1741
born_on_halloween
Bayerische Motoren Werke
born_on_halloween's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Finally took delivery.
ours the same shadowline with black rims and red calipers but i went with portimao
__________________
On order - 2021 M340 xDrive Portimao Blue
Retired - 2018 WRX Premium, manual
Retired - 2015 335 xDrive Mineral Gray, M-sport manual
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #1742
emaraszek
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2018 F32 440i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Buffalo, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaraszek View Post
Onyx Ace arrived in NJ this morning around 5:30 AM EST (for anyone with a Bremerhaven build that may be onboard).

My build status is still "At the port", but I'm hopeful my car makes it to the dealer before this weekend so that I can pick it up.
When I spoke to a Genius last week, the delivery date to the dealership was 11/15, but that has now past...

I called the Genius hotline again today and was told that my car is still at the NY/NJ VPC and that there has been no update to the delivery date (still 11/15)

Seems like now we're facing delays at the VPC?
__________________
Previous: 2014 F30 335i xDrive Sport - Black Sapphire/Coral Red
Current: 2018 F32 440i xDrive M Sport - Mineral Grey/Night Blue
On Order: 2021 G22 M440i xDrive - Black Sapphire/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #1743
Vmaxx
Private
17
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_halloween View Post
ours the same shadowline with black rims and red calipers but i went with portimao
Nice! That was my second choice. PB looks sharp!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 10:42 PM   #1744
Bimmer006
Private
13
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 & G20
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Mine also has .48 and when I check for updates it says there are none available.
May be they are rolling out slowly in batches. You will probably get that in few days.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 11:34 AM   #1745
emaraszek
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: 2018 F32 440i xDrive M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Buffalo, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaraszek View Post
When I spoke to a Genius last week, the delivery date to the dealership was 11/15, but that has now past...

I called the Genius hotline again today and was told that my car is still at the NY/NJ VPC and that there has been no update to the delivery date (still 11/15)

Seems like now we're facing delays at the VPC?
Order received: 9/8/2020
Scheduled for production: 9/8/2020
Production begins: 9/24/2020
Exterior body assembly begins: ?
In the paint booth: 10/5/2020
Entering assembly line: ?
Assembly in progress: ?
Quality check: ?
Final assembly: ?
Ready for transport: ?
Awaiting carrier assignment: 10/7/2020
Dispatched from factory: 10/8/2020
At the port: 10/9/2020
In transit: 10/27/2020
At the port (again): 11/9/2020
At the dealership: 11/19/2020

Very strange - after talking with a Genius again, who was unable to see any update to the November 15 date, I happened to check the status online yesterday. It had changed from "At the port" to "At the dealership". I called the dealership to check, and they confirmed that though it hadn't arrived yet, it was arriving that day. I think this is the only time in history where the online tracker has been more helpful than the Genius line...

Also, as others have said, BMW needs to add a couple statuses to the tracker. The fact that they send it from "In transit" back to "At the port" is odd. Why not do something like "At the departure port" -> "In transit to destination port" -> "At the destination port" -> "In transit to dealership" to make things much clearer?

Anyway, I'm just glad to be picking up my car on Monday 11/23
__________________
Previous: 2014 F30 335i xDrive Sport - Black Sapphire/Coral Red
Current: 2018 F32 440i xDrive M Sport - Mineral Grey/Night Blue
On Order: 2021 G22 M440i xDrive - Black Sapphire/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #1746
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Glovis Challenge has been sitting at port of Baltimore since the 17th. My delivery dealer is in NY. Does anyone know if this vessel normally continues on toward New Jersey? I would think so but it's been in Baltimore for almost 5 days.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #1747
bap340i
Private
34
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340I
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrr8t View Post
Glovis Challenge has been sitting at port of Baltimore since the 17th. My delivery dealer is in NY. Does anyone know if this vessel normally continues on toward New Jersey? I would think so but it's been in Baltimore for almost 5 days.
It looks like it is scheduled to get to Newark around 11/24, but the Sallaum schedules are sometimes out of order. That is brutal to be so close to your port for a week.

https://sallaumlines.us/schedule/
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #1748
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
It looks like it is scheduled to get to Newark around 11/24, but the Sallaum schedules are sometimes out of order. That is brutal to be so close to your port for a week.

https://sallaumlines.us/schedule/
Good link. Thanks. They were scheduled to be at vpc on 11/22. I guess I'll wait a bit longer. My current lease is MY18 due 12/31 so at least I have a ride. I figure I'll have it 2nd week of December.

Last edited by ggrr8t; 11-21-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 04:15 PM   #1749
The_Viking
New Member
5
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 540xi, Audi Q7
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

My car was stuck in Scheduled for Production and Production begins for quite a while, it then went to Assembly in Progress and now in Quality Check.

The real question is how long it will be from this point until it shows up at my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #1750
ggrr8t
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2013 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Looks like the Glovis Challenge has finally started moving again.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 07:07 PM   #1751
warrenw
Food Critic
warrenw's Avatar
South Korea
642
Rep
711
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Seoul

iTrader: (0)

My boat finally reached Beijing, hopefully it'll be in port for ~12 hrs or so (it was at Shanghai for 24 hrs) then on it's way to Korea. It's about a day between Beijing and Korea so hoping for the 24th/early 25th!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 08:56 PM   #1752
bap340i
Private
34
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340I
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
My car was stuck in Scheduled for Production and Production begins for quite a while, it then went to Assembly in Progress and now in Quality Check.

The real question is how long it will be from this point until it shows up at my dealer.
Hope you are one of the lucky ones that gets on a ship right away. Coming from Germany or Mexico?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #1753
The_Viking
New Member
5
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 540xi, Audi Q7
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post


Hope you are one of the lucky ones that gets on a ship right away. Coming from Germany or Mexico?
I believe Mexico since its an M340i NA build. (I hope Mexico, my 540i goes back this week and I'll be down a car until its here)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #1754
bap340i
Private
34
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340I
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
I believe Mexico since its an M340i NA build. (I hope Mexico, my 540i goes back this week and I'll be down a car until its here)
Probably want to contact the Genius line and work your way through the menus. They can give you a better timeline. The website is typically behind real life. If your VIN starts with a W it is from Germany, a 3 is from Mexico. I usually called around 4:30 because I wasn't sure when they quit for the day.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 10:54 PM   #1755
The_Viking
New Member
5
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 540xi, Audi Q7
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
Probably want to contact the Genius line and work your way through the menus. They can give you a better timeline. The website is typically behind real life. If your VIN starts with a W it is from Germany, a 3 is from Mexico. I usually called around 4:30 because I wasn't sure when they quit for the day.
It starts with a 3. Last time I tried the automatic system (calling the 1-800 number) it said it would be done in production yesterday, so hopefully that is what is right. Not that I /need/ the car right now ,being down a car just saves me money, but I just want my new toy badly
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 12:15 AM   #1756
bap340i
Private
34
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2021 M340I
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
It starts with a 3. Last time I tried the automatic system (calling the 1-800 number) it said it would be done in production yesterday, so hopefully that is what is right. Not that I /need/ the car right now ,being down a car just saves me money, but I just want my new toy badly
Talking to a person will give you more accurate information. I generally found the website and automated status to be at least 2 days behind.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #1757
The_Viking
New Member
5
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW 540xi, Audi Q7
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
Talking to a person will give you more accurate information. I generally found the website and automated status to be at least 2 days behind.
The one time I talked to a person he had no more information than I could find online ,but that was right after a VIN had been generated, so I might have tried too soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #1758
TruthOne
Private
66
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: Red Sport Q50
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
Talking to a person will give you more accurate information. I generally found the website and automated status to be at least 2 days behind.
The one time I talked to a person he had no more information than I could find online ,but that was right after a VIN had been generated, so I might have tried too soon.
Yeah too soon they seem to know more once the car is at the port ready to ship.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #1759
warrenw
Food Critic
warrenw's Avatar
South Korea
642
Rep
711
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Seoul

iTrader: (0)

After 41 days, my car is finally at the port - the boat arrived early this morning. After work I'll go out there to watch them unload cars.

About two weeks away from delivery... according to my salesguy it takes about a week for customs and a week for the VPC.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:17 AM   #1760
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
Blubaron79's Avatar
United_States
1117
Rep
4,401
Posts

Drives: '18 340 XDrive
Join Date: May 2009
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Viking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
Probably want to contact the Genius line and work your way through the menus. They can give you a better timeline. The website is typically behind real life. If your VIN starts with a W it is from Germany, a 3 is from Mexico. I usually called around 4:30 because I wasn't sure when they quit for the day.
It starts with a 3. Last time I tried the automatic system (calling the 1-800 number) it said it would be done in production yesterday, so hopefully that is what is right. Not that I /need/ the car right now ,being down a car just saves me money, but I just want my new toy badly
What's the time frame for a shipment from Mexico?

I'm in transit from Mexico currently.
__________________
'18 340 xDrive: Glacier Silver, MSport, 19's, every option (except ACC and DAP), MPPSK, black grille, splitter, side sills, CF Spoiler, clear bra.
Previous: '15 335 F30 xDrive; '14 435 F32 xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST