Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Had a 330 M Sport loaner for a day

06-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
mikeemal
Registered
Rep
Drives: '13 X535d

Had a 330 M Sport loaner for a day

As the title mentions, I had the luck of getting a 330 M Sport for my service loaner. Note: I currently own an F34 and previously an E36 M3. I was fortunate to be forced to put nearly 200 miles on the car for work on cruddy New England construction but then also back roads.

So the new interior layout takes some getting used to, as I found myself constantly forgetting that the ignition is now on the center console and that shifter is short!

Biggest changes for me were the steering and lack of any squeaks/rattles from the interior. Steering has real feedback now. There is weight and it requires effort. On center feel is much tighter. Not quite E36 feel, but close.

Again, the interior is quiet, much more so than my F34 in all conditions. I ran all windows down, sunroof open/closed/tilted - all much more composed. The new Instrument Cluster is just busier. It gives much more information, that can be useful, but I really recommend rowing through the options and controls to better understand everything. Same goes for the Heads-Up display. I couldn't see it either polarized Maui Jim's on, but I'm sure there are controls that I just didn't had time to figure out.

The Lane Departure warning feedback through the Steering is nice for the highway, but don't use it on the backroads. There were many an instance that I found myself fighting it and taking away from the fun of country roads in and out of traffic.

Power is improved as well. Comfort mode is more aggressive now, with sharper (not necessarily smoother) upshifts. Downshifts remain wonderful.

Overall, this car was sweet, I nearly just told them to file the paperwork.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8