Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Text message alerts

10-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #1
22Grillz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i Convertible

Text message alerts

Hi all, I'm a first time BMW owner and frankly new to blogs too! Can anyone tell me how to set my 2022 M440i to audibly alert me when I receive a text msg on my Galaxy S10+ / Droid 11? I have all the settings checked off in the car and the phone volume turned up, all I get is a # on the top of the car's display. I've tried it with Android auto on and off. It seams like the radio is preventing a tone from coming thru some how. The genius at the dealership couldn't figure it out, he said the software wont allow it. Geeze...for the amount of money this car costs you would think this would be simple to accomplish. Has anyone had this issue? Did anyone figure it out? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 12:14 AM   #2
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Grillz View Post
Hi all, I'm a first time BMW owner and frankly new to blogs too! Can anyone tell me how to set my 2022 M440i to audibly alert me when I receive a text msg on my Galaxy S10+ / Droid 11? I have all the settings checked off in the car and the phone volume turned up, all I get is a # on the top of the car's display. I've tried it with Android auto on and off. It seams like the radio is preventing a tone from coming thru some how. The genius at the dealership couldn't figure it out, he said the software wont allow it. Geeze...for the amount of money this car costs you would think this would be simple to accomplish. Has anyone had this issue? Did anyone figure it out? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Grillz View Post
It's a phone setting for Android Auto
Open the Android Auto App on the phone (when it's not connected to the car) and go to Notifications settings.
There are settings to preview notifications, show message notifications and to silence notifications among others.
If you aren't using Android Auto, tilt the I-Drive controller forward , select notifications, tilt right to Settings, check the box for Text Messages, missed calls and whatever else you want to be notified for.
Both AA and I-Drive notification settings give an audible notification from my Google Pixel 5 if the radio or music is on.
I assume a Samsung phone would do the same...although a lot of problems like yours are phone issues and not car issues. The Android Auto help forum, linked from the App, has lists of known issues for phone makes and models.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
22Grillz
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i Convertible

Thanks. I will try it out.
Appreciate 0