Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK front m-sport seats

12-27-2023, 07:28 AM   #1
nil98
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition G81 Touring

front m-sport seats

Configuring a new g21 340 - front m-sport seats worth it? They force the comfort pack on me (which I don’t want) so become crazy expensive. But I like the cognac colour and the look of them.

Thoughts?

Trying to make the new spec a bit different from my existing oxide grey/fiona red combo.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 08:08 AM   #2
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil98 View Post
Configuring a new g21 340 - front m-sport seats worth it? They force the comfort pack on me (which I don’t want) so become crazy expensive. But I like the cognac colour and the look of them.

Thoughts?

Trying to make the new spec a bit different from my existing oxide grey/fiona red combo.
Definitely worth it, so much more supportive. I never thought there was anything wrong with the sport seats in my F30, util I get back in it after driving the G21.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #3
nil98
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaM View Post
Definitely worth it, so much more supportive. I never thought there was anything wrong with the sport seats in my F30, util I get back in it after driving the G21.
Interesting - drop me a couple of pics of the seats when u get a moment. Did u go black or cognac??
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 12:01 PM   #4
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

I’ve had both in a g wagon.

Honestly , the M seats look better and hug you more, but for longer travels the standard sport seats are more comfortable
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:11 AM   #5
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Photo’s attaced for both cars - I went for Black as prefer dark interiors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
nil98125.00
      12-28-2023, 02:04 PM   #6
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

I have the M sport seats in my car, and I have to say that they are not an option I would have picked, had I been specing the car from new myself.

But... I do like them more than the standard seats that I have sat in on serveral test drives and they were OK, but I did not find the seat base to be that comfortable, but I do find the M sport seats to be more comfortable.

Seats are a subjective topic, so your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 1
nil98125.00
      12-29-2023, 05:56 AM   #7
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

The problem I had wasn't so much the difference in the seat design but the bloody awful vernasca leather covering. Personally I think it looks too plasticky, it is nowhere near as comfortable to sit on as the previous Dakota or Montana leathers BMW used in the past and whilst it is probably more serviceable and quite easy to wipe clean doesn't respond at all well to applying any leather conditioner to it.
If I had grandkids with muddy shoes, sticky paws and the inability to sit still without squirming about all the time then I would most likely have said it was the most sensible choice of interior material.
As it happens I don't have any nor any other mammals to transport so the choice of an alternative seat covering was open to me.
Having now experienced both vernasca and merino the difference is literally night and day with regard to comfort especially over long distances and was the main reason for me changing cars just over twelve months ago.

As said above by The Tok'Ra seats are a very subjective topic and the choice of which is often dictated by personal circumstances.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 09:35 AM   #8
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

I have these M seats seats, as they were on the heavily optioned show room M340i I ended up buying.
I have to say that for me, they are far superior to sit in vs std m sport seats. They have more width scope, which I like (I'm definitely not fat but still find the std m sport seats a little snug).
They fit in all the right places and make long drives a dream fully adjustable in every way. I also think they look cool but..
Knowing what I know now, I would spec them again, which says something.
One caveat, if you have kids the seat backs are more restrictive in view and also lack the ability to attach mobile dvd players to them as the head rest is build in.
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 1
nil98125.00
      12-29-2023, 09:37 AM   #9
nil98
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
I have these M seats seats, as they were on the heavily optioned show room M340i I ended up buying.
I have to say that for me, they are far superior to sit in vs std m sport seats. They have more width scope, which I like (I'm definitely not fat but still find the std m sport seats a little snug).
They fit in all the right places and make long drives a dream fully adjustable in every way. I also think they look cool but..
Knowing what I know now, I would spec them again, which says something.
One caveat, if you have kids the seat backs are more restrictive in view and also lack the ability to attach mobile dvd players to them as the head rest is build in.
Thx all interesting views - they are an expensive option tho as they force the comfort pack with loads of things I don’t need.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 09:59 AM   #10
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

It’s the choice of decent leather (or lack thereof) that’s really galling. The fact that you can’t get Merino leather now means I’ll probably stick with my current car for much longer than I otherwise might have.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 11:49 AM   #11
The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
The problem I had wasn't so much the difference in the seat design but the bloody awful vernasca leather covering. Personally I think it looks too plasticky, it is nowhere near as comfortable to sit on as the previous Dakota or Montana leathers BMW used in the past and whilst it is probably more serviceable and quite easy to wipe clean doesn't respond at all well to applying any leather conditioner to it.
If I had grandkids with muddy shoes, sticky paws and the inability to sit still without squirming about all the time then I would most likely have said it was the most sensible choice of interior material.
As it happens I don't have any nor any other mammals to transport so the choice of an alternative seat covering was open to me.
Having now experienced both vernasca and merino the difference is literally night and day with regard to comfort especially over long distances and was the main reason for me changing cars just over twelve months ago.

As said above by The Tok'Ra seats are a very subjective topic and the choice of which is often dictated by personal circumstances.

I may be mistaken on this, but I don't think the vernasca leather on the standard seats I sat in was the same leather I have on my M Sport seats.

I know it's also called vernasca, but the leather on the M Sports seats looks more textured , and less smooth and plasticky than the standard seats I sat in.

But I could be wrong on that!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 02:08 PM   #12
vadimo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D X-Drive

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
It’s the choice of decent leather (or lack thereof) that’s really galling. The fact that you can’t get Merino leather now means I’ll probably stick with my current car for much longer than I otherwise might have.
You can spec merino as induvidual in black, red and white but only on estate as its still made in Germany, the saloon is now in Mexico
Current Ride: 2020 G20 M340i in Metallic Black Sapphire with Individual Full Merino Ivory White and Piano Black Trim Previous Ride1: 2014 F30 M Sport 320D X-Drive Auto, Dakota Beige Leather, M Sport Brakes, Adaptive M Suspension, Paddle Shifters, 19" 403 Alloys, Folding Mirrors, Pro Sat Nav & Harman Kardon Surround Sound. Previous Ride2: 2004 E46 M Sport 320CI Auto, Montana Beige Leather & 18" 135M Alloys.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 06:39 PM   #13
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
I may be mistaken on this, but I don't think the vernasca leather on the standard seats I sat in was the same leather I have on my M Sport seats.

I know it's also called vernasca, but the leather on the M Sports seats looks more textured , and less smooth and plasticky than the standard seats I sat in.

But I could be wrong on that!
To be honest I’ve never really looked at the leather on the M Sport seats against the standard sports seats so it may well be a different grade of cow. The merino leather is not embossed so a smooth and a sort of silky matt finish. The seat padding is also different on merino covered seats, it’s a lot firmer yet feels much more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 10:33 AM   #14
Donny_1962
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Great seats even with my huge bulk would definiely spec again. Ignore the plastic on the logo had only picked the car up and all seat creases have now smoothed out.
Attached Images

12-30-2023, 10:35 AM   #15
nil98
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_1962 View Post
Great seats even with my huge bulk would definiely spec again. Ignore the plastic on the logo had only picked the car up and all seat creases have now smoothed out.
Nice colour is that the mocha?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 10:48 AM   #16
Donny_1962
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Hi yes, Cognac with Mocca Contrast stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil98 View Post
Nice colour is that the mocha?
      12-30-2023, 11:02 AM   #17
nil98
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

That’s nice
Appreciate 0