Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK How long for G20 shipping to UK from Mexico

10-04-2023, 02:01 PM   #67
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Well mines still 160, been built 2 months now
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 06:59 PM   #68
chrisnoy
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e 2020

Mines at Altamira in Mexico, waiting for a boat, maybe the Niagara Highway, which is sat outside the port but is delayed according to the latest schedule...car built early August, code is 165.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 04:14 AM   #69
Laymans
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robstokie1974 View Post
Well mines still 160, been built 2 months now
Mine was built early July
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 01:33 PM   #70
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep

Mines been put back to the End of Nov now but to be honest I don’t believe that either
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 11:53 PM   #71
chrisnoy
Private
Rep

Mines still eta end of October.... but is still 165 at Mexico. Must have missed the Niagara Highway, oh dear i feel a cancellation coming on.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 01:43 AM   #72
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep

Mine was built the same time and is still 160, any more delays and I’m cancelling
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 02:56 AM   #73
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Mines still eta end of October.... but is still 165 at Mexico. Must have missed the Niagara Highway, oh dear i feel a cancellation coming on.
It takes a few days for it to go to 195 (at sea) once it has left port. Keep checking over next few days
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 02:24 PM   #74
CliveM340i
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Ordered my M340i on 18th August.

Car was build early September but is still saying transfered to distribution.

BMW UK is now saying there is a backlog at the port.

Dealer did say when ordered that I'm looking at a delivery to the dealer of the 13th November.

They are now saying week of the 20th November.

At this rate I'll get it as a Christmas present to myself lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 11:30 PM   #75
chrisnoy
Private
Rep

Ah, car has now moved to 195 looks like it could be on Niagara Highway,
Appears this boat is behind schedule and is on the way to Davisville but at least it should arrive in Southampton end October/ early November.
Car was ordered in early July.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 03:01 AM   #76
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep

You’ve done well from a July order to being on a ship, mine was April order, August build, still stuck
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 07:41 AM   #77
Robstokie1974
Private
Rep

Mines now 165 as of the 4th so let’s see how long it stays at that status
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 08:59 AM   #78
johnboysafc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Ah, car has now moved to 195 looks like it could be on Niagara Highway,
Appears this boat is behind schedule and is on the way to Davisville but at least it should arrive in Southampton end October/ early November.
Car was ordered in early July.
Mine was ordered in April, still no signs. Although I want to know, I’ve told work, just tell me when it’s in this country. At least then I know I should be getting within a fortnight? I see so much frustration and false dates and setbacks, thought my approach may be a better option? Not sure if it is or not, but ignorance is bliss
      10-13-2023, 09:57 AM   #79
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
Mine was ordered in April, still no signs. Although I want to know, I’ve told work, just tell me when it’s in this country. At least then I know I should be getting within a fortnight? I see so much frustration and false dates and setbacks, thought my approach may be a better option? Not sure if it is or not, but ignorance is bliss
You could have a point there! My granny used to always say "Where ignorance is bliss it's folly to be wise!"

When I was tracking the order for my car during June to September 2022 the most accurate updates I was getting were form the salesman at the dealership who I have to say was first class at keeping me informed and that car was built in Germany for pity's sake!
BMW Genius never had much of a clue as to where the hell it was.
I was led to believe that a lot of the problems with getting up-to-date information was due to the 'shipping agents', be it on land or sea, forwarding information and then the number of staff at BMW responsible for updating logistics not being available.A lot of 'office staff' were 'let go' during Covid and lockdowns, etc and never replaced when things got back to 'normal' albeit the new normal we're all still trying to come to terms with so backlogs were huge and inevitable. Orders were getting updated every week or so as opposed to previously being updated every couple of days.
This seems to be the case for any order no matter where the production site is located but seems to be particularly problematical with regard to those from Mexico.

The production process is constantly running in the background and the car carriers are running as best they can it's just the updates seem to be lagging behind.

To all those out there awaiting new orders I'd suggest you maybe give it a bit more time before deciding to abandon all hope?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 05:44 PM   #80
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

To all those out there awaiting new orders I'd suggest you maybe give it a bit more time before deciding to abandon all hope?

I've been waiting 14 months for mines, it's extremely hard trying to remain positive at this moment in time unfortunately! I've had 5 pushbacks from March when I was supposed to take delivery of the car.
Appreciate 3
      10-14-2023, 09:52 AM   #81
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post

I've been waiting 14 months for mines, it's extremely hard trying to remain positive at this moment in time unfortunately! I've had 5 pushbacks from March when I was supposed to take delivery of the car.
It was only a suggestion!

Trust me I can appreciate your frustration, I've no longer got 'the patience of Job' that I used to have when I was twenty or thirty years younger than I am now and in your position would probably be inclined to tell them to go and 'shove the order' but then I got thinking that BMW are still going to build this order and they will still sell it and then someone else will be driving around in what could have been my car and that....that would really p*ss me off!

One you do take delivery of your car I'm sure you'll quite quickly forget all the grief you endured waiting for it to arrive!
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      10-14-2023, 01:39 PM   #82
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
It was only a suggestion!

Trust me I can appreciate your frustration, I've no longer got 'the patience of Job' that I used to have when I was twenty or thirty years younger than I am now and in your position would probably be inclined to tell them to go and 'shove the order' but then I got thinking that BMW are still going to build this order and they will still sell it and then someone else will be driving around in what could have been my car and that....that would really p*ss me off!

One you do take delivery of your car I'm sure you'll quite quickly forget all the grief you endured waiting for it to arrive!
Ohh mate, I wasn't having a go...apologies if it came across that way! It's just frustrating as hell when you keep getting fobbed off and if truth be known if I was told when I ordered that I'd be waiting 14 or 15 months for it I would have probably looked elsewhere.

Yes, 100%! My stubbornness won't allow me to cancel because it would be a shrug of the shoulders from BMW and the lease company as they would shift the car very very easily when it arrives...so I can't have that lol.

Yeah I'm a grumpy old man these days with very little patience but you are correct, I'll probably fall in love and mutter those imortal words of 'Ahhh it was worth the wait in the end' lol.

Thanks mate and apologies again for coming across as a bit of a tw@!
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      10-15-2023, 04:46 AM   #83
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

No offence taken and no apologies needed asbost, I agree with you that 15 months is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately the leasing companies seem to be placed at the back of the queue when it comes to fulfilling orders.

The car previous to my current one was bought through a broker with a healthy discount whereas my current car wasn’t even listed by the broker and had to be sourced from the dealer directly with a PX involved and a very paltry discount.
It took some time to swallow that financial pill I can tell you!
But the present soon becomes the past as you anticipate the future!
Appreciate 1
asbost19.50
      10-15-2023, 07:58 AM   #84
Laymans
Rep

Well Arc Integrity docked at 05:49 this morning, even managed to watch it on the Southampton Web Cam (call me a stalker I know ).

Well here is really hoping my car is on this ship.

General question how long is it normally before delivery of the car once it lands at port ?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 08:46 AM   #85
Neovo88
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g20

I asked them to zoom into the arc integrity 😂

https://www.youtube.com/live/k6mwDSQ...DKzfFkYAixXr7k

My dealer said it takes about 5-7 days
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 09:22 AM   #86
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

@asbot, I believe your car may also be on said vessel, though until it's unloaded & scanned through it won't update
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 10:54 AM   #87
Laymans
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovo88 View Post
I asked them to zoom into the arc integrity 😂

https://www.youtube.com/live/k6mwDSQ...DKzfFkYAixXr7k

My dealer said it takes about 5-7 days

Ask them to zoom in again not seen a car off loaded yet, seen plenty going on
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 06:53 PM   #88
asbost
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramparts View Post
@asbot, I believe your car may also be on said vessel, though until it's unloaded & scanned through it won't update
Ohh now that would be something....i nearly peed there lol. That would really make my year mate... fingers and toes crossed!
Appreciate 0