Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics How does non HK audio sound?

10-11-2020, 02:08 AM   #23
G20NZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Agree, the HK is just getting better and better over time
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #24
BOS_BSM_G20
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
I have the standard HiFi in mine and it's very subpar. I came from a Subaru with a better 8 speaker setup. I've already replaced the speakers and subs with Bavsound gear and am looking forward to grabbing their amp when it comes out.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #25
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS_BSM_G20 View Post
I have the standard HiFi in mine and it's very subpar. I came from a Subaru with a better 8 speaker setup. I've already replaced the speakers and subs with Bavsound gear and am looking forward to grabbing their amp when it comes out.
Why wait for Bavsound amp?
Buy Audiotec Fischer MatchUp amp. It's already available for purchase.
(Bavsound is basically re-branded audiotec fischer amp, after all)

More info here: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1737016
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #26
BOS_BSM_G20
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
Quote:
Why wait for Bavsound amp?
Buy Audiotec Fischer MatchUp amp. It's already available for purchase.
(Bavsound is basically re-branded audiotec fischer amp, after all)

More info here: https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1737016
I would! But I have absolutely no idea how to tune the thing. Plus I'm not the handiest guy out there and the Bavsound videos were a life-saver when I was yanking my door panels off.

You'll probably see me be one of the first to review that amp on these forums haha
Appreciate 1
pneumodoc231.50
      10-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #27
Socosurf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I'm about to order an M340i but don't want the Premium Package. The only way to get HK is to get the PP. Sucks.

I've had HK in my last 3 BMWs. Will I be able to live with the downgrade? I'm not an audiophile but I do like a little thump here and there.
Just a friendly reminder, the base / HiFi system is terrible.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 03:01 AM   #28
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I would! But I have absolutely no idea how to tune the thing. Plus I'm not the handiest guy out there and the Bavsound videos were a life-saver when I was yanking my door panels off.

You'll probably see me be one of the first to review that amp on these forums haha
Fair enough. :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 06:03 PM   #29
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
I have hk in my m340i and in 330i loaner with standard audio now (usa), it's surprisingly good or rather the hk is surprisingly lackluster.

Hk is louder maybe a bit more clear but only noticable at extreme volume levels I think.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #30
Socosurf
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3c6 View Post
I have hk in my m340i and in 330i loaner with standard audio now (usa), it's surprisingly good or rather the hk is surprisingly lackluster.

Hk is louder maybe a bit more clear but only noticable at extreme volume levels I think.
You actually think the standard / HiFi is good? Man o man, my system is TERRIBLE.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 05:20 AM   #31
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socosurf View Post
You actually think the standard / HiFi is good? Man o man, my system is TERRIBLE.
I find mine to be quite competent, sounds nice enough for commute music or podcasts, and above 60% is loud enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 05:59 AM   #32
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As someone who replaced all components of HiFi system including the amp, I wouldn't say that HiFi is good, but it's decent enough for average Joe. I know many people that are perfectly happy with the HiFi system in their BMW's.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #33
shawntech
The Wolf
United_States
Rep
Drives: stuff

Garage List
  [0.00]
2019 BMW M850i conv ...  [0.00]
Quote:
More so that the hk isn't as good as it was in my old e90
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #34
Adam 330e
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G21

Be sure to spec the car with acoustic glazing side windows. With less noise, any stereo system will sound better. I have that + HK and really enjoying Spotify in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 07:18 PM   #35
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam 330e View Post
Be sure to spec the car with acoustic glazing side windows. With less noise, any stereo system will sound better. I have that + HK and really enjoying Spotify in the car.
For some reason, acoustic side windows aren't available in the US. The biggest factor that is easily changed is changing terrible runflats to goflats.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #36
DJAPO
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
I’ll quote you on that dude, I have a 2021 M340i with HiFi on the window sticker as standard, and it came with regular stereo system, no tweeters, and definitely not 10 speakers. I contacted BMW USA, and they told me to take it up with the dealer, let’s see what the dealer says about this. Stock system is plain terrible, my base Prius sounds 10x better..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #37
Socosurf
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAPO View Post
Quote:
I’ll quote you on that dude, I have a 2021 M340i with HiFi on the window sticker as standard, and it came with regular stereo system, no tweeters, and definitely not 10 speakers. I contacted BMW USA, and they told me to take it up with the dealer, let’s see what the dealer says about this. Stock system is plain terrible, my base Prius sounds 10x better..
It's almost embarrassing. I drove a car 1/4 of the cost with a stock system that was better. I almost think it's false advertising.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #38
DJAPO
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll quote you on that dude, I have a 2021 M340i with HiFi on the window sticker as standard, and it came with regular stereo system, no tweeters, and definitely not 10 speakers. I contacted BMW USA, and they told me to take it up with the dealer, let's see what the dealer says about this. Stock system is plain terrible, my base Prius sounds 10x better..
It's almost embarrassing. I drove a car 1/4 of the cost with a stock system that was better. I almost think it's false advertising.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll quote you on that dude, I have a 2021 M340i with HiFi on the window sticker as standard, and it came with regular stereo system, no tweeters, and definitely not 10 speakers. I contacted BMW USA, and they told me to take it up with the dealer, let's see what the dealer says about this. Stock system is plain terrible, my base Prius sounds 10x better..
I have a 2012 Prius that sounds better than this crap , wayyyyy better. I wish I was joking and update, I took the car to the dealer and they said that the 2021 BMW was the standard hi-fi no longer is coming with the tweeters
      02-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #39
DJAPO
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a 2012 Prius that sounds better than this crap , wayyyyy better. I wish I was joking and update, I took the car to the dealer and they said that the 2021 BMW was the standard hi-fi no longer is coming with the tweeters
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I really don't understand what BMW is thinking
      07-20-2022, 12:24 AM   #40
Jpez1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330

Garage List
2019 330i  [0.00]
I just upgraded my 676 HiFi system on my 2019 330i Xdrive with full Bavsound Speaker system to include under the front seats Subwoofers. I also added a Muswsy M6 Amp. System went from ok to WOW overnight!

I also plan on adding Bavsound tweeters in the rear of each door by adding the rear pull handle assemblies designed for the HK system and installing them into by 330i. Bavsound sent me extra tweeters for the upgrade.

Total cost was around $1900.00 for everything. Musway M6 was shipped from England. It took only 3 days to get it. I am a mere neophyte from an install sense, but I did the install with my Nephew. It took us about 2 Hours for all speakers and about 2 hours for the amp. The hardest part was the disassembly of the door panels and trunk padding and figuring out where to secure the Musway Amp.

The Musway Amp is controlled by app on ones smartphone. It is super easy to control. Amp was pre-programmed in Memory 1 by shipper specifically for my system. Amp was secured with a zip tie, as there is currently no aftermarket bracket available.

I am very very happy even though the cost was a bit high.
Appreciate 1
Calamari208.50
      07-20-2022, 12:36 AM   #41
Jpez1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330

Garage List
2019 330i  [0.00]
This was the Muswsy M6 Amp:
1. https://musway.de/english/m6v3-dsp-amplifier.html

It came with harness and Bluetooth Doggle which allows you to connect your phone:
2. https://musway.de/english/bta2-bluet...ae-dongle.html

Musway M6 Amp purchased from E-Bay:
3.https://www.ebay.com/itm/23446775160...mis&media=COPY

Speakers and Subwoofers:
4. https://www.bavsound.com/pages/build-your-kit-onepage
Appreciate 1
Calamari208.50