BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-13-2023, 07:04 AM   #23
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carhoney View Post
Good to know press cars are still coming, thanks for that info!

I know everybody is saying all allocations are taken, but I only secured mine a month ago in Northern California and at that time I called about 10 dealers asking what their builds were (since they were all locked a long time ago) and literally each dealer hadn’t sold theirs yet. It seemed like they were not marketing the car for sale or something and even just a month ago I was early to it. Point being if you want an M3CS call your local dealer and see if they still have theirs coming in and I’d bet you can find one still.
There are still cars out there definitely, but finding a Frozen Solid White or Signal Green car is getting harder. As is finding a car with CCBs.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2023, 09:22 AM   #24
SolarTrans
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Feel like the G80 CS could have had cup holders, 360 cam and adaptive cruise options

It’s a shame we have to give up all of these amenities for like 10-15lbs of weight savings

If I want something truly lightweight (for a BMW) I’d get a CSL

This is still quite heavy, but so much less usable than a standard G80 comp

Steering and chassis feedback might be improved, but I bet a +40 horsepower tune on a normal comp w/ carbon buckets and CCBs will get very close to the CS around a track
Appreciate 1
Emtoo388.00
      06-13-2023, 12:40 PM   #25
RTC3000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Performante,Z4 M40i,Trackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTrans View Post
Feel like the G80 CS could have had cup holders, 360 cam and adaptive cruise options

It’s a shame we have to give up all of these amenities for like 10-15lbs of weight savings

If I want something truly lightweight (for a BMW) I’d get a CSL

This is still quite heavy, but so much less usable than a standard G80 comp

Steering and chassis feedback might be improved, but I bet a +40 horsepower tune on a normal comp w/ carbon buckets and CCBs will get very close to the CS around a track
Depends on the driver...

The M3 CS has also an updated auto tranny software and not only an improved chassis feedback but a changed chassis setup.

A well known German tuner and YouTuber put a KW5 into his M4 CSL, he even got official support from KW to set up the chassis properly.
The gain on the track war barely noticeable. The OEM chassis of the CSL is already pretty good and BMW did a fine job with the M3 CS as well, just wait and see.

Power-wise, most CSL deliver around 600+ hp on the dyno. The M3 CS won't be different. The 40 hp more are on paper only, in reality the S58 engines already produce way over claimed stock power (usually around 540 hp) and the CSL/CS versions easily hit 600.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2023, 01:31 PM   #26
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

I have to say, no experience with the M3 CS, but last week I did the M5 CS 'Ring Taxi. I have to say, 4 up and with a pro driver behind the wheel, that car is REMARKABLE. THe driver told me that it was bone stock, and they never had any reliability issues. Granted he wasn't 10/10ths. But he was pushing it hard and it was drifting quite nicely.

A truly remarkable car.
Appreciate 2
ScullyD5164.00
///M TOWN21695.00
      06-14-2023, 02:14 AM   #27
SolarTrans
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTC3000 View Post
Depends on the driver...

The M3 CS has also an updated auto tranny software and not only an improved chassis feedback but a changed chassis setup.

A well known German tuner and YouTuber put a KW5 into his M4 CSL, he even got official support from KW to set up the chassis properly.
The gain on the track war barely noticeable. The OEM chassis of the CSL is already pretty good and BMW did a fine job with the M3 CS as well, just wait and see.

Power-wise, most CSL deliver around 600+ hp on the dyno. The M3 CS won't be different. The 40 hp more are on paper only, in reality the S58 engines already produce way over claimed stock power (usually around 540 hp) and the CSL/CS versions easily hit 600.

Oh for sure, there are improvements, but my point is I think they will be more for feel rather than substantially increasing lap times (aside from extra power).

Didn't stop me from ordering one lol. Want something a little sharper than my M3CX but won't track it much or at all.

If I didn't live in such a cold+rainy climate, I'd have a CSL, but RWD mode on my xdrive just can't put the power down below 45mph. That mode makes me miss the 1.0+G of thrust from a dig, rain or shine
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 07:52 AM   #28
hlkf90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I missed out on the M5CS. Biggest regret of my life. 😅

Hoping to secure one of these bad boys but it seems near impossible. Wish I had been earlier to the game.
Appreciate 0