Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Another Beemer On The Drive....

03-29-2024, 04:28 AM   #1
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xdrive, G22M440i xdri

Another Beemer On The Drive....

Not posted in absolute ages, due mostly to my inability to master modern media/tech

Anyhoo, my beloved 5.0GT Mustang has gone, had it since new in 2016, the most wonderful memories, trips, escapades and adventures were had and I was truly emotionally upset when I handed the keys over on my trade in.

The Muzzer had to go due to a dodgy left ankle after I broke it last March and a left knee that the army gradually had me disintegrate with years of tabbing with heavy weight (me as well as the bergan ). Couldn’t handle a manual anymore and since we got a 320d Touring my wife wouldn’t drive the Muzzer either, she claims to have forgotten how to drive a manual

So, what to get

Plumped for a M440i xdrive in Arctic Race Blue, 2 years old with 5k miles on it. It’s got various “packs” on it, with the only visible missing stuff I can see is the active cruise and sunroof.

So now that my password etc has been reset, I’m sure I’ll be asking some stupid questions, already looking at mods (never stopped modding, it’s a disease!).

Still getting to grips with it, very smooth car, seems to have great mpg (bought the car in Worcester, drove home just south of Glasgow) and averaged 37+ mpg.

Any hints, tips, what to look out for from other owners welcomed
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 05:10 AM   #2
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeebieJeebies View Post
Not posted in absolute ages, due mostly to my inability to master modern media/tech

Anyhoo, my beloved 5.0GT Mustang has gone, had it since new in 2016, the most wonderful memories, trips, escapades and adventures were had and I was truly emotionally upset when I handed the keys over on my trade in.

The Muzzer had to go due to a dodgy left ankle after I broke it last March and a left knee that the army gradually had me disintegrate with years of tabbing with heavy weight (me as well as the bergan ). Couldn’t handle a manual anymore and since we got a 320d Touring my wife wouldn’t drive the Muzzer either, she claims to have forgotten how to drive a manual

So, what to get

Plumped for a M440i xdrive in Arctic Race Blue, 2 years old with 5k miles on it. It’s got various “packs” on it, with the only visible missing stuff I can see is the active cruise and sunroof.

So now that my password etc has been reset, I’m sure I’ll be asking some stupid questions, already looking at mods (never stopped modding, it’s a disease!).

Still getting to grips with it, very smooth car, seems to have great mpg (bought the car in Worcester, drove home just south of Glasgow) and averaged 37+ mpg.

Any hints, tips, what to look out for from other owners welcomed
Welcome to the rather exclusive, much smaller club of G22 owners!

I bought a new G22 M440i X-drive in July 2021 and after 15 months of ownership traded it in for another G22 M440i X-drive!
Long story! Nothing untoward with the first car but wasn't able to get the spec I really wanted but due to (very limited) availability of G22s I placed the order otherwise I'd have had to wait months to get a new build slot.
BMW then LCI'd the saloon and touring and I really don't like the iDrive 8 dash and layout so decided to get a G22 in the exact spec I wanted before it underwent its LCI.
So glad I did and current reckoning is this is going to be with me for a very long time!

Enjoy your new car sounds like you've picked up a really good example, in the right colour as well!
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2024, 07:05 AM   #3
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks . I still needed a 2 door coupe in my life, the Touring satisfies the domestic duties, dogs, grandkids trips to the dump etc.

I watched virtually every review video on YouTube, most are @ 2-3 years old now and the main criticism seemed to be the front end but most saying it grows on you, I love it, quite aggressive and stands out.

My initial search was for a newish M850i mainly for the V8 but it would’ve been a stretch to get close to age etc for what I wanted, one day though as that truly is an exceptionally good looking car. Life with a straight six now though

You’re right about the ‘exclusive’ smaller community, never clapped eyes on another one in our 600mile round trip!

Going through the settings and updating yesterday, I seem to have made the ‘hey BMW’ thing a hand gesture now , I’ve no idea how to get that back yet, so that’s my first daft question

Getting its first wash today to see where I am with applying or having any treatments to the paintwork applied, no doubt I’ll be clay barring etc before long.......
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 07:28 AM   #4
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, the 'Bugs Bunny' nose took a bit of getting used to!
My first one was cerium grey together with the lower bumper vents and the mirror covers whereas the present one is the high gloss black grille and vents and part body coloured mirror covers and is more understated, less 'in your face' and more mean looking.

They are a rather rare animal on the road although I'm starting to see a few more these days, hardly surprising though as it's only Dingolfing that build them and they supply global production. Found that out when buying my current car as the UK dealer allocation is very, very few per year, or at least it is for the M440i version.

Don't think I've got gesture control nor have I got 'iDrive touch' as they were deleted from my car's spec due to component shortages at the factory build so I'm struggling to help you with your question. I'm sure someone else on here will chip in with an answer for you though!
Strangely enough I don't have the 'X-drive' badge on the boot lid either despite not requesting it to be deleted at build, not that I'm bothered though as the first one always used to catch my microfibre cloth when I dried the paintwork.

.....and as for 'Siri'...I don't bother she can never, ever understand my Geordie accent so gave up on that one long ago!

Only wash and dry the paintwork these days as I've got mine ceramic coated, best thing I ever did as it's so much easier to clean and whilst over the years I used to enjoy cleaning and polishing my car it was taking its toll on me now I'm the wrong side of mid sixties and especially having to clean my wife's 220i on a weekly basis as well, so much so I got hers ceramic coated too!
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2024, 12:34 PM   #5
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

bmnut whats your take on super unleaded v unleaded for the 440?

I only ever put 97RON minimum in my Stang even before the Lund tune went on it. Still got some in the tank from the stealers (which undoubtedly will be 95RON)

Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      03-31-2024, 12:43 PM   #6
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

bmnut ha! Found a reply from yourself in an older thread, re this, so super it is

I’m not stalking, honest
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 09:22 AM   #7
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeebieJeebies View Post
bmnut ha! Found a reply from yourself in an older thread, re this, so super it is

I’m not stalking, honest
Stalk all you like, it’s not a problem! Us G22 owners on here are few and far between!

I’ve only ever used Shell V-Power for literally years now and (touch wood) have never had any engine issues. My wife’s 220i coupe gets the same. The combined mileage of both cars is less than 20k a year so the cost implications aren’t of an issue for me v the potential gains of keeping the engines clean and healthy.
Whether or not the additives in the fuel are just ‘snake oil’ or really do make a difference is a debate I don’t really wish to resurrect, I think that’s already been done to death on here already!
The combined cost of our two cars when both bought new is over 100k so I reckon they deserve it!
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2024, 03:31 PM   #8
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, yeah I would’ve used super in any case and you’re right it can be a whole can of worms

Onto a fresh topic now, just as controversial, lowering springs and spacers........
Appreciate 0