Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Software version in Australia and Auto update

06-07-2020, 03:54 AM   #67
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
Have been getting this message for the past couple of days. What could be stopping the update from installing?
Any update on this? Mine is still stuck , even tried a reset/reboot of iDrive and no change
No, mine is still not installed 😬
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #68
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Just saw on another thread that the problem was solved by recharging the battery. If there is insufficient charge then the uodate won't install. It makes sense as i have also found that my stop start has stopped working. This too, can be caused by insufficient battery charge. As i dont have a charger, i guess its a trip to the dealer.

Digitallust do you have any issues with your stop start?
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2020, 08:50 AM   #69
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Just saw on another thread that the problem was solved by recharging the battery. If there is insufficient charge then the uodate won't install. It makes sense as i have also found that my stop start has stopped working. This too, can be caused by insufficient battery charge. As i dont have a charger, i guess its a trip to the dealer.

Oh that's interesting I actually thought today I wonder if it had anything to do with the battery charge etc. Do you have the link handy.

I wouldn't have a clue how to put my vehicle charge even if I had a charger

No issues with ASS but I coded it to stay off as that feature is one of my pet hates
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 08:45 AM   #70
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's interesting I actually thought today I wonder if it had anything to do with the battery charge etc. Do you have the link handy.

No issues with ASS but I coded it to stay off as that feature is one of my pet hates
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1685107&page=2

Have booked my car into dealer to have both issues looked at in a week. Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #71
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1685107&page=2
Thanks , I went and bought a CTek charger today , car is still charging 6 hours later, must of needed it :

Hopefully that will correct the issue with the update

I received an email back from CD and was told to do an iDrive reset :
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #72
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Yeah definitely insufficient charge was the reasoning behind the update not installing.

Vehicle was fully charged this morning and update installed straight away.

As others reported you do lose most of your coding; my ASS coding is still there which is a bonus
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 04:21 AM   #73
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah definitely insufficient charge was the reasoning behind the update not installing.

As others reported you do lose most of your coding; my ASS coding is still there which is a bonus
I'm in a similar situation. Update won't begin, stop start not activating and stereo self-shutdown only a couple of minutes after engine shutdown.

But it's hard to imagine the battery not charging properly given the car is only one year old. I drive the car 2-3 times a week, and usually with trips over 20km. Surely the battery would be charged up. Do you think the battery is defective and I should take the car in? Before I get stranded with a dead battery?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 07:24 AM   #74
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Nice work digitallust
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #75
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
I'm in a similar situation. Update won't begin, stop start not activating and stereo self-shutdown only a couple of minutes after engine shutdown.

But it's hard to imagine the battery not charging properly given the car is only one year old. I drive the car 2-3 times a week, and usually with trips over 20km. Surely the battery would be charged up. Do you think the battery is defective and I should take the car in? Before I get stranded with a dead battery?
Couldn't agree with you more. Surprised that battery would not recharge with normal use. My usage is similar to yours. Will be visiting dealer next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #76
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately nine time's out of ten it's not a defective battery.

I pretty much drive all my cars on short trips to and from work maybe 15-20km a day and I have had charging issues with my 2015 Mercedes and 2018 Range Rover, have had both batteries in those replaced under warranty but the main issue was not driving them enough.

I've never not had them start or been stranded but just issues with ASS not working due to insufficient charge due to low usage/

I guess it only becomes an issue as vehicles become more advanced like the G20 where ASS needs a constant and specific level of charge, as with OTA updates where it states the battery level must be above 80% before installation would proceed.

AGM batteries are far more hi tech in that they generally half a longer life span and higher cycle count. There are a lot more electrical components these days that require a fair bit of power for processing.

I bit the bullet and bought an 8 stage CTek 5.0 trickle charger yesterday which is probably something I should done years ago as I travel a lot and my cars do tend to sit in the garage for weeks on end.

By all means get it checked out but I'm sure you'll find out it's fine just sitting below the 80% charge point threshold. Which you could top up at home every few months, overnight.

Let us know how you go
Appreciate 1
achk132.50
      06-09-2020, 11:17 PM   #77
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

So is there anything new in the software update?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 12:23 AM   #78
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Just general enhancements and stability improvements, nothing visual
Appreciate 1
Bmwphile148.00
      06-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #79
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Actually one thing I've just noticed is they appear to have made improvements to ACP. Doesn't appear to be any delayed sound at the start of a new song now
Appreciate 1
Bmwphile148.00
      06-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #80
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

So in reality we actually have a 330e and not a 330i!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #81
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So in reality we actually have a 330e and not a 330i!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #82
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

My OTA has been on the fritz for a while now so the minute my wife got back from a good drive from Albany and as it would be the best time for the battery to be fully charged, got on the OTA and bingo 20 minutes later had 11/2019/70 downloaded!!

Lost the re-circulation from my coding, but an easy fix.

Went thru my Idrive and checked all the other parameters, seems OK?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 04:18 AM   #83
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately nine time's out of ten it's not a defective battery.

I pretty much drive all my cars on short trips to and from work maybe 15-20km a day and I have had charging issues with my 2015 Mercedes and 2018 Range Rover, have had both batteries in those replaced under warranty but the main issue was not driving them enough.

I've never not had them start or been stranded but just issues with ASS not working due to insufficient charge due to low usage/

I guess it only becomes an issue as vehicles become more advanced like the G20 where ASS needs a constant and specific level of charge, as with OTA updates where it states the battery level must be above 80% before installation would proceed.

AGM batteries are far more hi tech in that they generally half a longer life span and higher cycle count. There are a lot more electrical components these days that require a fair bit of power for processing.

I bit the bullet and bought an 8 stage CTek 5.0 trickle charger yesterday which is probably something I should done years ago as I travel a lot and my cars do tend to sit in the garage for weeks on end.

By all means get it checked out but I'm sure you'll find out it's fine just sitting below the 80% charge point threshold. Which you could top up at home every few months, overnight.

Let us know how you go
Thanks for the advice. I bought the same Ctek charger and charged up the car overnight. The update installed, stop-start is working again.

Haven't noticed many difference with the update as I only went up from 11/2019.47 to 11/2019.70.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 02:38 AM   #84
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d g20

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
post the update to 11/2019.70 noticed that the 360 view is not accurate. notice how the image has shifted to the right? The grid lines are not aligned with the image. the grid lines seem to be accurate though. i had parked dead center between the parking lanes, but the 360 image shows me as having parked across the lane on the right side. any one else has this issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #85
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Just got my car back from the dealer. All proceeding posts regarding discharged battery are correct. Dealer recharged battery. Viola! Stop start works again. Also software update installed, but dealer installed a newer version than the OTA update. Got version 03:2020.51. Haven't noticed any changes yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #86
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Just got my car back from the dealer. All proceeding posts regarding discharged battery are correct. Dealer recharged battery. Viola! Stop start works again. Also software update installed, but dealer installed a newer version than the OTA update. Got version 03:2020.51. Haven't noticed any changes yet.
Good to hear , how could your iDrive screen has blue highlights? Mines always been orange
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #87
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Good to hear , how could your iDrive screen has blue highlights? Mines always been orange
Blue highlights for ECO Mode
Orange for Comfort
Red for Sport

The menu will change colour depending on what driving mode you are in.
      06-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #88
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Blue highlights for ECO Mode
Orange for Comfort
Red for Sport

The menu will change colour depending on what driving mode you are in.
Guilty as charged!
Appreciate 0