Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
G21 and 795M wheels

I installed the 795M wheels after I picked up the car. I didn't went through the dealer as they kept arguing that it would fit as it is not available for Tourings etc. Mostly has to do with load on the rear tires.

Other than that issue, they fit just fine and still happy I went this route. However, I keep getting a fault message during startup that the tires aren't recognized (result of these not being available for the G21). I can't seem to be able to select any other sizes than the 19" wheels.
I have the setting on 'other dimensions/wheels' but the message keeps reappearing.

Any way to code off this message? Or code in the options for the 20" wheels as it's available in the G20.

I've thought to read the fault code and try to code of using this ID but no idea how or were to code it
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
Charlie
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
I installed the 795M wheels after I picked up the car. I didn't went through the dealer as they kept arguing that it would fit as it is not available for Tourings etc. Mostly has to do with load on the rear tires.

Other than that issue, they fit just fine and still happy I went this route. However, I keep getting a fault message during startup that the tires aren't recognized (result of these not being available for the G21). I can't seem to be able to select any other sizes than the 19" wheels.
I have the setting on 'other dimensions/wheels' but the message keeps reappearing.

Any way to code off this message? Or code in the options for the 20" wheels as it's available in the G20.

I've thought to read the fault code and try to code of using this ID but no idea how or were to code it
Did you ever get this sorted out Greg?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post

Did you ever get this sorted out Greg?
It's not an issue anymore. Not sure what caused it. I kept on driving till I had to change to winter tires and after having these ones refitted a while back, the message didn't appear again.
Maybe the sensors weren't being recognized? But I did had to confirm the message every single time the car was started. Once I was back on the std winter tires, the message was gone.
Appreciate 1