Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK From port to dealer

06-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e MSport

From port to dealer

Can someone give me any idea how long it should take to get my car once it has arrived in UK. It is apparently now arrived. Online genius says 3 weeks? Does that sound right? It is coming via dealer in London. Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwnewbie2 View Post
Can someone give me any idea how long it should take to get my car once it has arrived in UK. It is apparently now arrived. Online genius says 3 weeks? Does that sound right? It is coming via dealer in London. Many thanks
Ok so when you say it's arrived, it's at Southampton docks. Have you checked with the genius that it has arrived? For a London dealer it would be routed via Southampton.

It depends then if your dealer does the PDI or it's done at the docks before transporting to your dealer.

Normally after arriving at Southampton it should be with the dealer in 5 or 6 days. However due to the virus they may have staff away. This is my experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 01:09 AM   #3
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post
Ok so when you say it's arrived, it's at Southampton docks. Have you checked with the genius that it has arrived? For a London dealer it would be routed via Southampton.

It depends then if your dealer does the PDI or it's done at the docks before transporting to your dealer.

Normally after arriving at Southampton it should be with the dealer in 5 or 6 days. However due to the virus they may have staff away. This is my experience.
Yes - Genius confirms it is in the UK so I presume Southampton. Park Lane is the dealership - no idea who does the PDI but the dealer is delivering.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #4
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody320 View Post

Yes - Genius confirms it is in the UK so I presume Southampton. Park Lane is the dealership - no idea who does the PDI but the dealer is delivering.
I've got a vehicle coming from Park Lane for the 7th of July delivery. The car was already built and was sitting somewhere in the U.K. but from what I'm aware of, once the dealer has received it, it should be 5 days for the testing of the car, making sure it's safe to drive and getting all the paperwork/handover ready. Maybe they have said 3 weeks just to be on the safe side.

What vehicle did you order?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #5
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post
I've got a vehicle coming from Park Lane for the 7th of July delivery. The car was already built and was sitting somewhere in the U.K. but from what I'm aware of, once the dealer has received it, it should be 5 days for the testing of the car, making sure it's safe to drive and getting all the paperwork/handover ready. Maybe they have said 3 weeks just to be on the safe side.

Online genius gave me the dates. Order is 330e MSport.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 03:01 AM   #6
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post

Online genius gave me the dates. Order is 330e MSport.
Okay. I would recommend waiting till the car arrives at the dealer and give them atleast one working day to contact you from then. If they don't, call them yourself to get an update
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #7
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
My car was also supplied through Park Lane and was delivered direct to me from Southampton. From experience I think your delivery date will just depend on the availability of a transporter/driver to get it to you; personally I wouldn't bother with the online Genius, if you phone or e-mail your contact at Park Lane they should be able to give you an indication of when your car's likely to be with you.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #8
Carlos s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
My car was also supplied through Park Lane and was delivered direct to me from Southampton. From experience I think your delivery date will just depend on the availability of a transporter/driver to get it to you; personally I wouldn't bother with the online Genius, if you phone or e-mail your contact at Park Lane they should be able to give you an indication of when your car's likely to be with you.
Hi there, also curious what your experience was when having car delivered from Southampton through park lane? I got an update from genius that car arrived in UK port yesterday - status 9630.

This video states that as Park lane is BMW owned, they can deliver within 24 hours of arrival in port. https://www.bmwgroupsupplier.co.uk/o...nsport-process

Sounds too good to be true (and is a state,ent pre- COVID and driver shortages), so curious what is peoples real experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #9
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos s View Post
Quote:
Hi there, also curious what your experience was when having car delivered from Southampton through park lane? I got an update from genius that car arrived in UK port yesterday - status 9630.

This video states that as Park lane is BMW owned, they can deliver within 24 hours of arrival in port. https://www.bmwgroupsupplier.co.uk/o...nsport-process

Sounds too good to be true (and is a state,ent pre- COVID and driver shortages), so curious what is peoples real experience!
I'm not sure I can answer your question as the delivery of my car wasn't normal or typical! Originally it was meant to be delivered in late March 2020 but we went into lockdown and it eventually arrived at the beginning of June once the restrictions started to be eased. To be honest I think BMW were then trying to clear the backlog of deliveries and I felt that was reflected slightly in the preparation not being as good as it might have been; my car was dusty when it came out of the transporter and I certainly wouldn't have expected (or accepted) a handover at a dealer with a car in that condition!

But I do think that was all to do with the exceptional circumstances at the time - generally my experience with the Park Lane Scheme was very positive and I'd certainly recommend anyone eligible to use it.

Hope your delivery goes smoothly!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 04:23 PM   #10
Carlos s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos s View Post
Quote:

I'm not sure I can answer your question as the delivery of my car wasn't normal or typical! Originally it was meant to be delivered in late March 2020 but we went into lockdown and it eventually arrived at the beginning of June once the restrictions started to be eased. To be honest I think BMW were then trying to clear the backlog of deliveries and I felt that was reflected slightly in the preparation not being as good as it might have been; my car was dusty when it came out of the transporter and I certainly wouldn't have expected (or accepted) a handover at a dealer with a car in that condition!

But I do think that was all to do with the exceptional circumstances at the time - generally my experience with the Park Lane Scheme was very positive and I'd certainly recommend anyone eligible to use it.

Hope your delivery goes smoothly!
Ah yes I can imagine things would have been rushed!

We bought our current F32 440 through their group supplier program, and that the delivery was a great experience! Only that time I wasn't geeking out and tracking the production and transport process near daily like I am this time. As fun as it is to track it, also kind of nice to have an element of surprise I guess!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #11
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

In July, from the time between my car being "at sea" and me picking it up was 5 days. Throughout the process the BMW system always showed the estimated delivery date as later than it eventually was; by up to 1 week at times.

However, my dealer (Sytner High Wycombe) was amazing. They knew I had time pressure and were able to turn around the car in <24 hrs once it arrived. Unloaded from lorry Fri am, I picked it up Saturday 2pm (and was on Eurotunnel to France by Sunday 6am!).
Appreciate 0