Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Allow turning off headlights while driving???

02-23-2024, 01:36 PM   #1
imported_nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Exclamation Allow turning off headlights while driving???

Hello,

It seems like a new software update from BMW disallows turning OFF the headlights when you are driving.

Does anyone know how to fix this?? I want to be able to turn off headlights when driving at night without slowing down/parking.

I used to be able to do this, but BMW seems to have updated the software to disallow this.

2020 M340i.

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 09:13 AM   #2
MichaelNRW
B58 Power
Rep
Drives: 05/2022 M340i xDrive Touring

Garage List
It was not possible and still isn´t possible.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1709540
      03-29-2024, 08:31 PM   #3
moonliterider
India
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_nick View Post
Hello,

It seems like a new software update from BMW disallows turning OFF the headlights when you are driving.

Does anyone know how to fix this?? I want to be able to turn off headlights when driving at night without slowing down/parking.

I used to be able to do this, but BMW seems to have updated the software to disallow this.

2020 M340i.

Thank you!!
2024 LCI

BimmerCode has options to code

1. “switch off exterior lights”
( we can press OFF on the switch cluster and it actually works without the warning “❗️ lights off while running “
2. enable “check box for DRL “on the infotainment.

With above 2 coded

- fire the engine - Auto headlights on - press “OFF” on switch cluster - headlights go off . This option to press “off” works on standstill , idling and any speed less than 20kmph ( means while running if we slow down below 20kmph and press OFF , it works ) .

- ⁠press side lights on switch cluster - they go on ( both front and back simultaneously) .. option to switch off as per above for headlights.
- ⁠On infotainment now there are 2 seperate check boxes for front and back DRL .These can individually switch on and off the front/ rear DRL separately independant of speed .

To select “off” we need to be below 20kmph , but once done , then it stays till next restart irrespective of speed / time / distance travelled .
Appreciate 0