Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Carbon Door Sill Upgrade/Install

04-30-2024, 04:04 PM   #1
Portimao Blue M440ix
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i g22 Bmw 335i e92

Carbon Door Sill Upgrade/Install

I know this has been covered before but I would like to add some caution to the removal of the door sills. The removal is pretty straight forward but the old door sills do not come out that easy. It has been mentioned that the white clips may break during removal but they dont mention that you have damaged the door sill plastic holder that the white clips fit into.

Probably just me but when I went to snap in the new door sill I was off a little and broke two white clips off. I now had to remove the three clips that were installed already and you guessed it broke the white clip and the holder that it sits in on the new sill. I replaced the clips and placed the new clip in the broken holder which is the first one on the sill. I hope I don't get a little rattle from the end.

Knowing what I know now I would use the new sill as a guide to where the clips are and use a pry tool with a notch wide enough for the clip and hope for the best. The first and last clip sit higher up closer to the interior compared to the middle ones.

The carbon fiber sills do look nice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MoeTE87720.50
jpowers36222.50
335aw95.00