Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Gloss black M340 grill or gloss black grill with vertical slats

05-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
evo2335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G37 IPL (340i on the way)

So I'm due to take delivery of my Dravit grey m340 in the next couple of weeks. I added the black front splitter, cf rear diff, and cf rear spoiler to my build. I know that I'm goin to change the front bumper vent trim pieces to gloss black but I can't decide whether to order a regular gloss black grill with slats or get a spare cerium grill and paint it gloss black. Also, to eliminate all of the cerium, I'm planning on getting cf mirror covers as well. I know this is totally personal preference, but just curious as to whether there is a general consensus of which grill looks better. All comments are welcome. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

How did you add cf rear spoiler to your order I did not see them when I was building online? Your dealer added them for you?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 02:26 AM   #3
evo2335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yea. It's a port installed item. Just gotta ask your sales advisor to add it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo2335 View Post
So I'm due to take delivery of my Dravit grey m340 in the next couple of weeks. I added the black front splitter, cf rear diff, and cf rear spoiler to my build. I know that I'm goin to change the front bumper vent trim pieces to gloss black but I can't decide whether to order a regular gloss black grill with slats or get a spare cerium grill and paint it gloss black. Also, to eliminate all of the cerium, I'm planning on getting cf mirror covers as well. I know this is totally personal preference, but just curious as to whether there is a general consensus of which grill looks better. All comments are welcome. Thanks.
At my dealer, their body shop would not agree to paint any of the cerium gray trim. They said it wouldn't come out very good and the paint wouldn't be very durable. They said it would be equivalent to painting over chrome, which they also won't do. In the end, I had all of the cerium gray trim replaced.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 04:33 AM   #5
Stiunit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

where you guys ordering your parts aT ?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:12 AM   #6
vicfalc09
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiunit View Post
where you guys ordering your parts aT ?
I order mine from PARTS@STBMW
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
I am getting the non CF black grill , having cf mirror caps installed at port. Per my SA I couldn't get the grill done at port.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
senderhomes
Private
Rep

Quote:
I actually like the stock one now. Kidneys are played out..kidding
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DZ F30303.50
      06-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #9
evo2335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by senderhomes View Post
Quote:
You must not be in the US, cuz that would've been an easy cop. If that grill becomes available to to buy, I'm gettin it for sure. Looks good
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #10
senderhomes
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You must not be in the US, cuz that would've been an easy cop. If that grill becomes available to to buy, I'm gettin it for sure. Looks good
I'm in Houston. I removed it and painted myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 08:05 AM   #11
mccoj3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3MC, 2020 X5

Quote:
what is the part number for the gloss black vertical vents in the fender?? car looks great!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #12
CrownRoyal79
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoj3 View Post
Quote:
what is the part number for the gloss black vertical vents in the fender?? car looks great!
It depends on whether or not you have the Parking Assistance Package. If you do, it's 51138072086. If not, you'll have to look it up on bimmercat.com.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #13
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
It is available in the US. Getting it port installed on my 330i.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #14
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  123.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #15
Conezz