Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Sign paperwork now or later?

07-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
Mluvr
Rep
Drives: none

Sign paperwork now or later?

If we are requesting a factory order, do we need to sign the deal paperwork immediately, or can we wait to do it when delivery is being taken? Would I be OK with just submitting the BMWFS financial paperwork to lock in my deal, and skip signing the deal itself until I get to the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
transcendid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i RWD

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mluvr View Post
If we are requesting a factory order, do we need to sign the deal paperwork immediately, or can we wait to do it when delivery is being taken? Would I be OK with just submitting the BMWFS financial paperwork to lock in my deal, and skip signing the deal itself until I get to the dealership?
Yes exactly. You just sign the build order and put down a deposit (most cases). They also run credit and lock in your programs. You don't need to decide on financing until you take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
Mluvr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcendid View Post
Yes exactly. You just sign the build order and put down a deposit (most cases). They also run credit and lock in your programs. You don't need to decide on financing until you take delivery.
I was provided a buyer's order detailing all negotiations, discounts, rebates, etc. Basically it spelled out the final financing amount and everything charged or discounted, which led to that final price. Do I need to sign this now, or can I wait until I take delivery? I thought all we have to do is fill out the financial stuff to lock in everything and can worry about signing the deal/buyer's order later.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #4
transcendid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i RWD

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mluvr View Post
Quote:
I was provided a buyer's order detailing all negotiations, discounts, rebates, etc. Basically it spelled out the final financing amount and everything charged or discounted, which led to that final price. Do I need to sign this now, or can I wait until I take delivery? I thought all we have to do is fill out the financial stuff to lock in everything and can worry about signing the deal/buyer's order later.
Right. You don't need to sign the lease or loan yet. I just ordered and did the same thing. Signed the order but not the loan or lease until delivery.

You need to sign the order. That's what allows them to order the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #5
Mluvr
Rep

Quote:
Right. You don't need to sign the lease or loan yet. I just ordered and did the same thing. Signed the order but not the loan or lease until delivery.

You need to sign the order. That's what allows them to order the car.
OK, so I sign the buyer's order and submit BMWFS application now and later when I get to the dealership sign the final Bill of Sale?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #6
Weiner0123
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i. 2013 328i

When I ordered mine, I waited 3 months, but the day I ordered it I put down a deposit and filled out my credit application and decided on a payment option, and yes it was with BMWFS
Appreciate 0