Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions M-Link Arrived Yesterday - Excited :)

12-01-2023, 07:41 AM   #1
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

M-Link Arrived Yesterday - Excited :)

Mission Tuning M-Link and Stage One Tune - Black Friday Sale

Saved about $450 buying M-Link and Stage One Tune (with Burble) on Black Friday. It arrived last night. In one week (Next Friday), I will replace and gap spark plugs. Unlock and back up my DME (data logs and all) and then Flash to stage One. Worst case scenario is that I don't like it or don't feel comfortable and I reflash to stock.

After sitting on the fence for about two years, I finally pulled the trigger to tune my M340i. I had reached out to several popular tuning companies to ask questions and do some fact finding.

Chris at Mission Tuning has been a TREMEMDOUS asset of information for me. Answering emails same day, several times each day. And really giving me the information I needed to feel safe, doing this tune.

Feels like there are a few groups of people, when it comes to Tuning:

1) Those that Never will, and scold others that do (Your Warranty !!!)
2) Those simply happy with the factory power
3) Those that Tune
4) Those that want to Tune . . but are SCARED shitless

I am number 4. And I know there are lots of '4s' out there too.

If you have an interest in tuning - but feel nervous or reluctant based on warranty issues and engine problems - I highly recommend you shoot an email to Mission Tuning and start a discussion. These guys are GREAT and will provide you with all the information about their tunes and how they stay within the safety rules that BMW already has in place.

If you want a Tune that gives you a thousand options and blows flames out your exhaust - This is not the tune for you. But if you want a controlled, safe tune that delivers - I highly recommend you email these guys.

I will post an update next Friday after I complete my Tune.
Attached Images

12-01-2023, 11:43 PM   #2
Slyy Smilez
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I

I got the M-Link about a week ago to unlock my m340i and it worked like a charm. Im tuned with bm3 because i wanted that extra sauce and my flex fuel kit is arriving soon so e50 blend here i come! I hope you love your car even more and dont experience any issues. If you plan on adding more power just make sure you have a good shop to go to for inspections and stuff. I added a highflow catted downpipe and i absolutely LOVE how it sounds.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2023, 05:45 AM   #3
Planoser
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Saved about $450 buying M-Link and Stage One Tune (with Burble) on Black Friday. It arrived last night. In one week (Next Friday), I will replace and gap spark plugs. Unlock and back up my DME (data logs and all) and then Flash to stage One.
Dang, I bought in October and did not know they would have BF Sales.

Why not stage 2 ? It rocks! Especially with e30 blend.
I saw another m340i filling with e85 at the gas station and exhaust ( not sure what tune or mix of gas he had) but let’s just say the MP tune was superior to whichever setup he was running, when we both got on the highway 😆!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #4
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep

I knew that BM3 has BF sales, so I reached out to Mission a few weeks before BF and they confirmed they would be doing 25% off. So when you wrap up the combo of M-Link and Tune, you save $100 for the combo and then 25% off for BF. Was a great deal.

I may eventually try Stage 2. But, this is my first tune. I am one of those newbies who is vey careful and somewhat scared haha. Took me two years to make this decision. Chris, at Mission has done a lot of hand-holding with me, to make me finally feel safe and pull the trigger.

I do believe that once I have state 1, I will do a Catted Down pipe and some wheels in 2024. And then possibly consider a state 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planoser View Post
Dang, I bought in October and did not know they would have BF Sales.

Why not stage 2 ? It rocks! Especially with e30 blend.
I saw another m340i filling with e85 at the gas station and exhaust ( not sure what tune or mix of gas he had) but let’s just say the MP tune was superior to whichever setup he was running, when we both got on the highway 😆!
      12-03-2023, 08:34 AM   #5
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome !!!

I went with Mission because I am one of those guys that gets nervous about warranty and issues. Mission gave me the confidence, understanding that their tune is pretty decent increase but stays within the safety restrains that BMW has in place. The Mission Tune is currently more of a set it and forget it tune, rather than one with tons of options at your fingertips. It's what made me feel comfortable. And the team at mission spent so much time making sure that I felt good with them. THAT was so important (and very cool).

I also loved the fact that Mission was hired by Toyota for the B58 Supra tune.

Chris, from Mission did say that they have plans to release an app with some adjustables (burble, etc) very soon.

Next Friday I am doing the works. I ordered new NGK spark plugs and gapped the to the recommended .025 (Mission's state 1 recommendation). Then I will unlock and back up the DME and then flash Mission Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyy Smilez View Post
I got the M-Link about a week ago to unlock my m340i and it worked like a charm. Im tuned with bm3 because i wanted that extra sauce and my flex fuel kit is arriving soon so e50 blend here i come! I hope you love your car even more and dont experience any issues. If you plan on adding more power just make sure you have a good shop to go to for inspections and stuff. I added a highflow catted downpipe and i absolutely LOVE how it sounds.
      12-07-2023, 05:51 PM   #6
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

I think you are going to be one happy driver come tomorrow, looking forward to your recap. Mission is a class act as a long time customer I got a peek at the beta app and its pretty darn cool. Taking a very different approach to a number of things which is refreshing. IOS only for now though
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 08:53 PM   #7
Planoser
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i

I need the app so bad, been reading about it for awhile - can’t wait !!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 11:15 PM   #8
armenh7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Anybody selling their unit they no longer need?
Appreciate 0