Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

06-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #287
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvegas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
After a few delays, mine is now confirmed for collection on Monday.

The good news is that the p/ex value of my F32 went up by 22% between ordering in April and now. So maybe the wait wasn't such a bad thing after all.
Interesting. So should the dealership revalue your part ex when you finally take delivery of the new car?
Yes, the dealership ought to conduct a final valuation of your part ex around the time of your collection (maybe a week in advance of delivery). In this current climate, the value of your p-ex model is likely to rise between the point of submitting your original new build order and the date of collection.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 1
willougs266.50
      06-26-2021, 06:04 PM   #288
Bobvegas
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport (G21)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Yes, the dealership ought to conduct a final valuation of your part ex around the time of your collection (maybe a week in advance of delivery). In this current climate, the value of your p-ex model is likely to rise between the point of submitting your original new build order and the date of collection.
Thanks for the reply. l’m picking up my car on 2nd July. The dealership hasn’t sent the finance papers for me to sign yet and hopefully they will contain a revaluation of my part ex. However, on experiencing how clueless the salesperson is, I am not holding much hope of the salesperson doing what they should.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 01:30 AM   #289
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Thanks for the reply. l’m picking up my car on 2nd July. The dealership hasn’t sent the finance papers for me to sign yet and hopefully they will contain a revaluation of my part ex. However, on experiencing how clueless the salesperson is, I am not holding much hope of the salesperson doing what they should.
Sorry to hear of your experience. If they're efficient, the dealer should invite you (with the old/current car) back in for an updated valuation a week ahead of the handover--but in principle they could do it on the day of collection itself. Either way, if your current car's value has gone up (probably likely) since the order first went in then you'll have more to put down for your deposit.
That's to say, If you've opted for the pcp route then your agreed monthly payments won't change (unless they rerun the finance agreement for you), but the amount to pay on your outstanding deposit on collection could be less!

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 02:17 AM   #290
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
I really feel that you should be proactive here. I am picking up my car on the 2nd too but I contacted the dealership 10 days ago and enquired over the part ex valuation as I had read about used car prices going up considerably. The dealer then came back following my prompt and advised that the used car manager had now offered a considerable uplift and I mean considerable - £1000s! This of course effects all of the finance and your decision making. A dealership will not necessarily volunteer a revaluation. Seek one out - now and before papers are drawn up. Dealerships are falling over themselves for quality used cars because they cannot get new cars and when they can they are stripped of some options. Look at the price of your make and optioned car on the forecourts now - they are way up from April. You must go for it - be bold and firm. There is massive evidence out there that prices have moved.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 02:52 AM   #291
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
I really feel that you should be proactive here. I am picking up my car on the 2nd too but I contacted the dealership 10 days ago and enquired over the part ex valuation as I had read about used car prices going up considerably. The dealer then came back following my prompt and advised that the used car manager had now offered a considerable uplift and I mean considerable - £1000s! This of course effects all of the finance and your decision making. A dealership will not necessarily volunteer a revaluation. Seek one out - now and before papers are drawn up. Dealerships are falling over themselves for quality used cars because they cannot get new cars and when they can they are stripped of some options. Look at the price of your make and optioned car on the forecourts now - they are way up from April. You must go for it - be bold and firm. There is massive evidence out there that prices have moved.
Thanks RAFats. I’ve contacted the dealership to get a revaluation done. Seems other BMW dealerships will take my car off me for a lot more than currently being offered!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 03:41 AM   #292
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks RAFats. I’ve contacted the dealership to get a revaluation done. Seems other BMW dealerships will take my car off me for a lot more than currently being offered!
Absolutely! Nice one. Let us know how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 05:37 AM   #293
Redturtle
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3, Volvo xc40, bmw m340

Agree with the above about part ex.

The valuation of my RS3 went up by thousands. So much so I got a refund of my initial deposit.

I was meant to pick my car up yesterday only to find some of the body kit hadn't been fitted and the internal trim was wrong. Was a surprise to the dealer too.

The order going into BMW had the right trim. But what BMW decided to produce was different. Thankfully my dealership is going to replace the trim with what I ordered. Though the parts have to be ordered in so car needs to be booked in for that.

They got on with fitting the body kit for now and sent me away in a brand new M4 Competition with the carbon bucket seats.

Wow, those seats are epic. So supportive. And the car just wow.. it's amazing to drive. Stiffer than my RS3 was in comfort mode. Though not too stiff for me.

I've yet to drive the M340i but as it stands, I think the M3 Touring may be the next car in a few years.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 11:48 AM   #294
Stevie1250RS
Rep
Drives: 430i Coupe

It’s arrived

Picking it up tomorrow
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DavidXJ664.50
      06-29-2021, 12:00 PM   #295
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Looks like a lovely spec - nice to see the car. TY.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #296
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Looking forward to seeing a few more pics of new cars in the coming few weeks..... love that colour btw
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #297
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

I ditto the car valuations, I got my G20 320d a year ago in June and I'm on a personal loan. In August last year I was curious to see how much it had depreciated, it went down to £25k, so by a few grand on what I paid.

My highest initial valuation has made me a profit on what I paid for the car! Unheard of! I'm positive I can get more and sitting close to 11k equity.

I seriously looking at upgrading due to this. So if anyone are in a position I would look to see what your car is worth.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:56 AM   #298
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

How are peoples order updates going?

If I remember correctly, I did see some orders for a user here accelerate?

Wondering if that's common or not, mines at status 1100 as it stands is currently set for production on 01/11, which feels very much a long way away!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:18 AM   #299
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Picked up the car today. On the way I sold my old car (G20 330) to webuyanycar. Got a result where they couldn’t find anything to reduce the quoted price by!

Just getting used to driving a touring instead of a saloon now. Not had the HUD nor lumbar support before!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #300
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeyo View Post
How are peoples order updates going?

If I remember correctly, I did see some orders for a user here accelerate?

Wondering if that's common or not, mines at status 1100 as it stands is currently set for production on 01/11, which feels very much a long way away!
The current build status of 1100 refers to 'Scheduled' and the next step will be 1200 'Scheduled for Production' indicating it'll be in the future build sequence. My order sat at 1200 for a month or so and then end of the first week in May it went to 5100 'Bodyshop Start' by which time the dealer had already been able to tell me the full VIN number and even the engine number!
I think at the time the build status updates were all over the place and apparently cars were only being updated in batches at a time.
The car was updated to 5500 'Assembly Complete' by the second week in June although may well have been fully built the end of May (wk 22 or 23). It was showing delivery to dealer for wk 26/27.
When I first placed the order it was showing delivery wk28 then once it started build it came forward two weeks to wk26. Once it was built and had left the factory it went back to wk27 on Friday 18th June only to come forward again on the following day to wk26 and the way it's panned out it's actually arriving at the dealer wk27 !!! ... like I said the system is a bit shaky!
Having said that the date on the factory order is the important one and the one your dealer will be watching as they are generally pretty well fixed, (within a week in my case!), barring any transportation issues arising which would be beyond BMW's control.
The build status updates seem to come along more frequently once the car has gone into production and things start happening a little quicker.
The timeline overall for me was end of wk 14 order placed and confirmed with the dealer (on a car showing 1200 build status) and is due on site to the dealership next Monday, wk 27. So in the scheme of things 13 weeks from placing the order to delivery hasn't been too bad (although at times it felt like it!).

You say your order is 1/11 which suggests wk 44 which is some way off but may be impacted upon by what spec you have ordered, for example Individual leather or (apparently now) Individual interior trim finishers have a tendency to slow orders down. What spec have you ordered?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #301
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Picked up the car today. On the way I sold my old car (G20 330) to webuyanycar. Got a result where they couldn’t find anything to reduce the quoted price by!

Just getting used to driving a touring instead of a saloon now. Not had the HUD nor lumbar support before!
Congratulations on your new car! Enjoy the new experiences....HUD is tremendous I personally love it and wouldn't spec a car without it now! Good result from the sale of your previous one too!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #302
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
The current build status of 1100 refers to 'Scheduled' and the next step will be 1200 'Scheduled for Production' indicating it'll be in the future build sequence. My order sat at 1200 for a month or so and then end of the first week in May it went to 5100 'Bodyshop Start' by which time the dealer had already been able to tell me the full VIN number and even the engine number!
I think at the time the build status updates were all over the place and apparently cars were only being updated in batches at a time.
The car was updated to 5500 'Assembly Complete' by the second week in June although may well have been fully built the end of May (wk 22 or 23). It was showing delivery to dealer for wk 26/27.
When I first placed the order it was showing delivery wk28 then once it started build it came forward two weeks to wk26. Once it was built and had left the factory it went back to wk27 on Friday 18th June only to come forward again on the following day to wk26 and the way it's panned out it's actually arriving at the dealer wk27 !!! ... like I said the system is a bit shaky!
Having said that the date on the factory order is the important one and the one your dealer will be watching as they are generally pretty well fixed, (within a week in my case!), barring any transportation issues arising which would be beyond BMW's control.
The build status updates seem to come along more frequently once the car has gone into production and things start happening a little quicker.
The timeline overall for me was end of wk 14 order placed and confirmed with the dealer (on a car showing 1200 build status) and is due on site to the dealership next Monday, wk 27. So in the scheme of things 13 weeks from placing the order to delivery hasn't been too bad (although at times it felt like it!).

You say your order is 1/11 which suggests wk 44 which is some way off but may be impacted upon by what spec you have ordered, for example Individual leather or (apparently now) Individual interior trim finishers have a tendency to slow orders down. What spec have you ordered?

Interesting so mines set for build rate week 44 and arrival 47.

Here's the spec anyways

Vehicle specification: BMW 3 SERIES SALOON SPECIAL EDITIONS 330e xDrive M Sport Pro Ed 4dr Step Auto [Tech Pk]
Colour: BMW Unique paint - Tanzanite blue
Trim: Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Factory Options: 19" M double spoke bicolour jet black light alloy wheels - Style 791M with mixed tyres and run flat tyres
BMW Individual piano black trim
BMW Unique paint - Tanzanite blue
Comfort plus pack - 3 Series Saloon 330e
Electric glass sunroof
Heating steering wheel
M Sport brake in red calipers
Parking assistant plus pack - 3 Series
Technology plus pack - 3 Series
Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Visibility package - 3 Series Saloon/Touring
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #303
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeyo View Post
Interesting so mines set for build rate week 44 and arrival 47.

Here's the spec anyways

Vehicle specification: BMW 3 SERIES SALOON SPECIAL EDITIONS 330e xDrive M Sport Pro Ed 4dr Step Auto [Tech Pk]
Colour: BMW Unique paint - Tanzanite blue
Trim: Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Factory Options: 19" M double spoke bicolour jet black light alloy wheels - Style 791M with mixed tyres and run flat tyres
BMW Individual piano black trim
BMW Unique paint - Tanzanite blue
Comfort plus pack - 3 Series Saloon 330e
Electric glass sunroof
Heating steering wheel
M Sport brake in red calipers
Parking assistant plus pack - 3 Series
Technology plus pack - 3 Series
Vernasca leather - Black with grey stitching
Visibility package - 3 Series Saloon/Touring
I don't think there's anything in your chosen spec that should significantly delay your order being processed from looking at it.
The 'plus' packages are somewhat reduced in their lists of included options because of that bloody chip shop fire in Japan a few months ago but hopefully as it gets further towards the scheduled production date the semi conductor supply situation may have improved a bit and some currently deleted options start to become re-instated.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 03:29 AM   #304
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Update : while I understood I would not be getting the HK system, it appears now that even the bmw advance speaker system is no longer available. My car has come with the standard system. I.e no tweeters next to the door window. It’s taken off some of the gloss in picking up a new car, particularly as I have gone from a G20 330 m sport with the speakers (which WERE standard) to my new G21 330 m sport with the most basic system. Anyway, first time with a touring and enjoying it (with a few options that did arrive!).

This might be useful for people who are ordering now. Good luck !
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 04:07 AM   #305
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Agreed there is zero reason why an increased valuation will be automatically offered, I'd also shop the car around with the 3rd party buyers as well, WBAC/Motorway and of course other dealers, you shouldn't assume that the the supplying dealer will offer more unprompted or that any increased offer is the best one.
      07-05-2021, 04:59 AM   #306
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Agreed there is zero reason why an increased valuation will be automatically offered, I'd also shop the car around with the 3rd party buyers as well, WBAC/Motorway and of course other dealers, you shouldn't assume that the the supplying dealer will offer more unprompted or that any increased offer is the best one.
The dealership did offer more and wouldn’t meet what I wanted. I managed to sell my G20 for practically what I paid for it a year ago and that was webuyanycar. I was expecting them to take bit off their online offer but they guy could find anything wrong with the car so gave me the full offer! Happy with the quick process too - so quick that I did it on the way to pick up the new car. Very happy to have a few grand more than I expected a few months ago -…maybe get a new Rolex to go with the new car
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 05:39 AM   #307
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Update : while I understood I would not be getting the HK system, it appears now that even the bmw advance speaker system is no longer available. My car has come with the standard system. I.e no tweeters next to the door window. It’s taken off some of the gloss in picking up a new car, particularly as I have gone from a G20 330 m sport with the speakers (which WERE standard) to my new G21 330 m sport with the most basic system. Anyway, first time with a touring and enjoying it (with a few options that did arrive!).

Oh FFS! Hope this isn't universal. Part of the reason I ordered even though I really wanted HK was that at least the 330i has the advanced system.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 05:54 AM   #308
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:

Same thing happened to me on my G20 M340i. I was told the HiFi standard fit was deleted in the November product changes, but has subsequently been reintroduced from May onwards. So it looks like I just missed it on my car which was completed on May 5th.

Bit of a pain, but to be honest I mostly listen to radio or podcasts and the standard system seems good enough for that.
Appreciate 0