Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Order update.....Uh oh

07-05-2021, 06:08 AM   #309
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
Same thing happened to me on my G20 M340i. I was told the HiFi standard fit was deleted in the November product changes, but has subsequently been reintroduced from May onwards. So it looks like I just missed it on my car which was completed on May 5th.

Bit of a pain, but to be honest I mostly listen to radio or podcasts and the standard system seems good enough for that.
Urgh - mines due in November, so hopefully I can get the advanced one...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 06:48 AM   #310
Bobvegas
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport (G21)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
Same thing happened to me on my G20 M340i. I was told the HiFi standard fit was deleted in the November product changes, but has subsequently been reintroduced from May onwards. So it looks like I just missed it on my car which was completed on May 5th.

Bit of a pain, but to be honest I mostly listen to radio or podcasts and the standard system seems good enough for that.
That’s interesting as I thought the M340s didn’t get hit with as many option changes. My car was completed mid June and picked it up at the end of last week.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 07:07 AM   #311
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

@Bobvegas so having experienced both in your 330i's do you notice much difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 07:34 AM   #312
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
@Bobvegas so having experienced both in your 330i's do you notice much difference?
They are very similar and the engine is great, no difference in the performance going from a G20 to a G21 (I would have kept the G20 but the family has just expanded). One noticeable difference, which I think is down to the tyres, is the ride is better in the G21 which has normal tyres rather than the runflats I had in the G20. Maybe I hear the exhaust a little more due to the touring nature of the boot (big maybe).

I think the runflats now only come as standard on 19” wheels. Both my cars have/had 18”.

The reason I went for basically the same car (even the same colour) but in touring form is because it is such a good car.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 07:44 AM   #313
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

I think he was referring to the difference between the so-called "HiFi" and the base system specifically.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 07:52 AM   #314
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I think he was referring to the difference between the so-called "HiFi" and the base system specifically.
Oh! Sorry.

You do notice the difference. I listen to the radio and podcasts and maybe a bit of music, so not a major issue. If you like to crank up your favourite music in the car then you will notice a bigger difference.

As an aside, I’ve complained to the dealer for yet another thing they were not on top of when updating me. They told me I didn’t have the digital key card as I did not have wireless charging. On driving home I pulled the sun visor down and there it was. At least they are consistent…
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #315
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobvegas View Post
Oh! Sorry.

You do notice the difference. I listen to the radio and podcasts and maybe a bit of music, so not a major issue. If you like to crank up your favourite music in the car then you will notice a bigger difference.

As an aside, I’ve complained to the dealer for yet another thing they were not on top of when updating me. They told me I didn’t have the digital key card as I did not have wireless charging. On driving home I pulled the sun visor down and there it was. At least they are consistent…
Thanks for the update. Did you get a discount? If mine comes with the standard sound system I'll certainly be asking for one. Not sure how much though as I don't think it's a priced option anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #316
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
Thanks for the update. Did you get a discount? If mine comes with the standard sound system I'll certainly be asking for one. Not sure how much though as I don't think it's a priced option anywhere.
By this point I had given up negotiating with them and was pretty happy with getting a few extra grand for my old car.

I got discounts for the other options which were not included and can be sure it is all in the mix regarding the adjusted price.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #317
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Update : while I understood I would not be getting the HK system, it appears now that even the bmw advance speaker system is no longer available. My car has come with the standard system. I.e no tweeters next to the door window. It’s taken off some of the gloss in picking up a new car, particularly as I have gone from a G20 330 m sport with the speakers (which WERE standard) to my new G21 330 m sport with the most basic system. Anyway, first time with a touring and enjoying it (with a few options that did arrive!).

This might be useful for people who are ordering now. Good luck !
i would tell them to keep it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #318
Bobvegas
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
i would tell them to keep it.
Fair enough. I want the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #319
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Fair enough. I want the car.
That's fine then! And while customers crave their cars, they will keep building them with bits missing!!

It will get to a point when BMWs don't come with in car entertainment soon, like they used to...!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:43 AM   #320
Baldy_Bradders
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 MSport Pro & Tech - MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
That's fine then! And while customers crave their cars, they will keep building them with bits missing!!

It will get to a point when BMWs don't come with in car entertainment soon, like they used to...!
I am not sure it will get that extreme......it is strange times at the moment, it is a shame and some people are clearly more upset about it than others.

I am gutted about the HK more that the wireless charging, but the though of a Mineral Grey Tourer with the Pro Pack sat on the drive is what I am looking forward to the most.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 06:00 AM   #321
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy_Bradders View Post
I am not sure it will get that extreme......it is strange times at the moment, it is a shame and some people are clearly more upset about it than others.

I am gutted about the HK more that the wireless charging, but the though of a Mineral Grey Tourer with the Pro Pack sat on the drive is what I am looking forward to the most.
I'm pleased that you are looking forward to getting your car that's the main thing. Like you say some people will be put off a purchase as a result of the deletions from spec and I get that, it's simply down to personal choice and having the freedom to make those decisions rather like the upcoming 19th July if all goes to plan. I am not however inviting any discussion whatsoever ever on that topic on here! Merely using it as a reference with regards to making our own decisions!
With regard to the loss of HK on your order then that's a shame as you clearly are looking forward to experiencing it. I don't know how often you have the media on in your car, with me it's very rarely almost bordering on never most of the time. Having said that in preparation for the arrival of my new one I updated a USB I have to use in the car if I wish to since there isn't the capability any longer of copying a CD to the hard drive (yes I still do have a large CD collection...I'm a dinosaur!). In order to check the contents on the USB I used the standard system fitted to my wife's 2 Series coupe and to be honest it sounded pretty good. I'd expect the 'standard system' in the Gx series would sound at least just as good if not better? Ultimately you may well find yourself not that disappointed in the long term!
As for the wireless charging I have had that in both my previous F32s and as others have already said it's not that good, seems to 'trickle charge' (not really very useful) and the phone runs bloody hot while it's doing it (very disconcerting!), did the same on my previous iPhone too so I tend not to use it and just use a USB connection instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 06:16 AM   #322
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
I'm pleased that you are looking forward to getting your car that's the main thing. Like you say some people will be put off a purchase as a result of the deletions from spec and I get that, it's simply down to personal choice and having the freedom to make those decisions rather like the upcoming 19th July if all goes to plan. I am not however inviting any discussion whatsoever ever on that topic on here! Merely using it as a reference with regards to making our own decisions!
With regard to the loss of HK on your order then that's a shame as you clearly are looking forward to experiencing it. I don't know how often you have the media on in your car, with me it's very rarely almost bordering on never most of the time. Having said that in preparation for the arrival of my new one I updated a USB I have to use in the car if I wish to since there isn't the capability any longer of copying a CD to the hard drive (yes I still do have a large CD collection...I'm a dinosaur!). In order to check the contents on the USB I used the standard system fitted to my wife's 2 Series coupe and to be honest it sounded pretty good. I'd expect the 'standard system' in the Gx series would sound at least just as good if not better? Ultimately you may well find yourself not that disappointed in the long term!
As for the wireless charging I have had that in both my previous F32s and as others have already said it's not that good, seems to 'trickle charge' (not really very useful) and the phone runs bloody hot while it's doing it (very disconcerting!), did the same on my previous iPhone too so I tend not to use it and just use a USB connection instead.
Unfortunately, the USB method has not worked on my new baby yet. I followed the transfer guidance from my X3 hard drive and then it failed to recognize it on the M440i. I then transferred the music to a blank USB and this morning it also failed to recognize any albums or tracks. I have since found that idrive7 has a different tagging system? I am investigating further. Without wishing to upset, the HK is outstanding in the car which might get me to use media more often. Having said that connectivity with my iPhone is also excellent and I can play Amazon music, Spotify and music from what was iTunes - so maybe the USB issue is not as much of an imperative as I first thought.

Wireless charging is very slow and very hot. I might go back to wired charging on a long journey.

My newly self detailed car was great in the rain however with all the hard work worthwhile. I’ll get off the thread now not wishing to hijack.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 06:22 AM   #323
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFats View Post
Unfortunately, the USB method has not worked on my new baby yet. I followed the transfer guidance from my X3 hard drive and then it failed to recognize it on the M440i. I then transferred the music to a blank USB and this morning it also failed to recognize any albums or tracks. I have since found that idrive7 has a different tagging system? I am investigating further. Without wishing to upset, the HK is outstanding in the car which might get me to use media more often. Having said that connectivity with my iPhone is also excellent and I can play Amazon music, Spotify and music from what was iTunes - so maybe the USB issue is not as much of an imperative as I first thought.

Wireless charging is very slow and very hot. I might go back to wired charging on a long journey.

My newly self detailed car was great in the rain however with all the hard work worthwhile. I’ll get off the thread now not wishing to hijack.
iDrive 7 has a different tagging system?.....well that's a bugger!.....I'll find out next week if that's the case!
Like you I'll not hijack this thread either....I'll PM you later as soon as I get a chance!

Just another week to go now, car's with the dealer at their compound and is expected to be 'on site' tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 06:25 AM   #324
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
iDrive 7 has a different tagging system?.....well that's a bugger!.....I'll find out next week if that's the case!
Like you I'll not hijack this thread either....I'll PM you later as soon as I get a chance!

Just another week to go now, car's with the dealer at their compound and is expected to be 'on site' tomorrow!
I'm penning a PM as we exchange.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #325
Baldy_Bradders
Private
Rep

Quote:
To be honest I do listen to my music quite a lot, spend more time on the phone in the care more than anything......guess the HK would have been wasted on just that.

It's great you have found a way around it and you are not the only one with a very large CD collection although more recently Apple Music seems to be my preferred way of getting the music I like.

I did hear about the charger....plus I would probably keep getting out and leaving it in the car which would become and annoyance.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 08:15 AM   #326
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
To be honest I do listen to my music quite a lot, spend more time on the phone in the care more than anything......guess the HK would have been wasted on just that.

It's great you have found a way around it and you are not the only one with a very large CD collection although more recently Apple Music seems to be my preferred way of getting the music I like.

I did hear about the charger....plus I would probably keep getting out and leaving it in the car which would become and annoyance.
Fortunately, the car reminds you that the phone is still in the charger before it lets you get out.👍
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #327
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Fortunately, the car reminds you that the phone is still in the charger before it lets you get out.👍
Didn't on my last two F32s........constantly kept leaving the bloody thing in there!
Is that something new on the G22?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #328
Baldy_Bradders
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh well.....I won't be missing that either
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #329
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh well.....I won't be missing that either
I know it’s a classic case of out of sight, out of mind! Having realised I could use Apple Pay instead of my credit card went and left my bloody phone in the car didn’t I!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #330
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Didn't on my last two F32s........constantly kept leaving the bloody thing in there!
Is that something new on the G22?
Don’t know as I didn’t have wireless charging in my G01, but I have it on the G22
Appreciate 0