Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions What is so bad about "chrome"?

10-01-2023, 12:07 PM   #23
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Chrome for me just reminds me plastic trying to look like metal and so I always have in my head that it looks cheap and fake
Just opinion ad. Each to thei of course
Like many I prefer black , even if it is plastic as it looks better imho
That is the interesting point, so the glossy shadow line trim pieces are black plastic with clear coat then, right?

The brushed chrome pieces look like real metal, at least mine show pits from stone chips.

The base model vertical shadow lines do make the door windows look like one continuous piece from certain angles, so they are parts of the overall design.

The full shadow line trims hide/blacks out the Hofmeister kinks(which then look like parts of the windows), and those are missing visual cues with the shadow line trims.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 10:14 PM   #24
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

I love the chrome look of the 2020 330i I ordered. It looks great as a contrast to the black exterior. I even went so far as ordering it with Luxury Line as it added a little more chrome on the rear bumper that was subtle, yet very elegant. Pair that with the cognac leather and open pore wood trim and man it is a looker IMHO.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-03-2023, 01:48 AM   #25
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
I love the chrome look of the 2020 330i I ordered. It looks great as a contrast to the black exterior. I even went so far as ordering it with Luxury Line as it added a little more chrome on the rear bumper that was subtle, yet very elegant. Pair that with the cognac leather and open pore wood trim and man it is a looker IMHO.
That is a great looking car!

My previous E39 and F30 were also jet black with chrome trims, your photos remind me how the chrome adds contrast and vibrance to the jet black.

The G20's sizeable chrome Hoffmeister kink is especially striking on jet black, it serves as an anchor to the rear quad.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 07:23 AM   #26
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post

Your car looks great, and you sound like me for the better part of a decade. Chrome, Saddle upholstery, and Wood interior trim can make a BMW very luxurious, fantastic.

But, eventually, you'll get a bit bored of that vibe and it's exciting that BMW offers the same car but with a very aggressive sport appearance instead. Gloss Black, Red upholstery, and Aluminum interior trim can make a BMW look markedly different and, to me, quite refreshing after years of the traditional design language.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 08:05 AM   #27
Kimes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d

Deepends what kind of look you want to ahive, a corpo manager or maybe a thief.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 11:05 AM   #28
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

I think G20 has good enough DNA to look good whichever ways one configures it.
Appreciate 0