Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Park Lane - Customer Experiences

12-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #1
mpeng82
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 320d Msport

Park Lane - Customer Experiences

Hi All,

Just wondered what your experiences are of this particular dealership if any in London, UK

I'm driven by Customer Service and lack of/poor service I feel is unacceptable especially with a premium brand.

My experiences so far........... (Apologies for the long post but I think justified).

I began talking to the dealership in September and for clarity all my dealings have been done via phone/email due to my current location (Liverpool).

I spec'd a few variants and equally was given a few quotes. over several conversations this then came towards the end of the month September and I asked how long i had to make a decision. The reason for this was because i was informed that there was an imminent APR increase, and if an order was not placed in time I may be subject to the January increase of premiums.

So with that in mind it made me speed up my decision making and agreed on a specification and quotation. On doing so I was informed that the monthly premiums that I was expecting were wrong and I was informed that I had the wrong mindset about what was offered.

After I explained that I was not wrong i spoke with the sales manager. he basically told me that he could not sell a car for a loss and that is what he would be doing with the quote i felt i was promised. He simply said take the revised offer or dont. I was unhappy with his approach and as such declined, over that weekend I obtained the call recording which backed up my version and forwarded on to BMW Park Lane. The sales agent apologised for the miscommunication stating it was a genuine mistake and appeared honest by telling me that the offer he was giving, was the very best they could do.

As part of the spec, i added a few things that all fell into the PCP and i questioned why some of these had to. Example fuel was added in, delivery of the car to me, change of the front grill and service plan.

I queried several times why these had to be included into the PCP as i wanted to pay upfront for these to avoid the APR on them. I was informed that this had to happen, there was no way around it and with the service plan by buying this with the car on PCP it increases the value of the car at the end of the term so by removing this would reduced the value.

With feeling pressure to make a decision due to the two above reasons and because Park Lane "sought approval by BMW Headquarters" to give me an extra 1% off, at the end of September i signed for a new 320D Touring Msport.

I was informed that the build/delivery would be approx. 6months which would take me to March 2023 which i was happy with.

I was then contacted on 7th October and informed that they had been given a build slot with delivery for end of Jan start of Feb 2023. Due to the new registration plates coming in at March, I asked that they held back in order that I got the new plate. This was agreed and I was informed they would go for a build for December to give a March delivery.

21st Nov, I am then contacted by Michael, he informed me that he was taking over from Tom who I had been dealing with as he had now moved from the department and he would now be my POC. I then emailed on the 23rd to reiterated my expectation of delivery date and ask a question about a dashcam - basically due to Black friday/cyber monday, it was on offer and could I pay upfront now for the item and they fit when it arrives. I was given the reply that Michael would have to speak with Tom but he was on leave. Complexed as I had no ideas why he would need to speak to anyone else and especially Tom who had left the department???
Michael replied stating that he was checking with Tom if I had discussed the Dashcam and if I was having the car delivered or collected.

This annoyed me as to me it is very clear the conversations I have had and what had been recorded. Dont forget, I am paying for delivery so why would I collect? and the question about the dashcam - I am still awaiting an answer too - obviously the discounts have now ceased!

I then contact Michael in December to ask about the order. I was informed that they would be getting confirmation the following day and would let me know - I find this a little convenient that after no contact, when I approach them, they would be getting word the following day.
Next day arrives and I get confirmation that the car would be going into production for a March/April 2023 delivery. I again am unhappy with this as not only is this now a month later to what I expected and agreed; it then has a knock on to my current car circumstances. I was still not given an order number so asked the dealer for this which they provided. On 18th December I contacted BMW directly, they informed me that the build was scheduled for............. week commencing 13th February but may move.

To say I am now frustrated is a understatement! I feel that the service I have received has been nothing but shambolic and appalling.
With the production date, I feel that the car is now likely to arrive in May/June if I am lucky and wonder what everyone's thoughts are.

I cant go to another dealership as nobody else can match the discount given so my alternative is to go to another brand which I am more than happy to do - but this then impacts delivery to a potential later date if I do change brands.

Faith in this dealership is at an all time low with little positives to mention so far.
They still have not given me an answer in relation to the dashcam, and my confidence that they are going to be honest and upfront is lacking
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 10:55 AM   #2
Hofmeister Kink
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport 2022 LCI

Sounds like you have had a rough time with Park Lane.

I bought my G20 LCI from them last month. Things got off to a shaky start but in the end, I am a big fan.

Pros
- You won’t get a better discount than PL. My local dealer offered me nothing off the car. No brainer - Park Lane
- As they are BMW owned, in theory they should have more influence on delivery times, particularly once the car arrives in the U.K.
- My sales rep was great, highly knowledgeable, courteous and responsive. However I had to change due to issues with the first person I was assigned. Total lack of info. I called his manager and insisted on dealing with someone else.

Cons
- Location. I’m also in NW England so you need to factor in a train ticket to London and personally London is not a great place to drive a car with delivery mileage! Relieved to get on the M40!
- Small showroom especially now they have consolidated with MINI. Not great if you’re not sure what car to order and want to sit in different models
- Handover was outside in the street presumably due to lack of space. Bit weird and not great in the winter. Luckily it didn’t rain!
- Boot mat has still not arrived, I think they ordered it too late thinking it would be in stock. No big deal

So I’d say it depends on the sales person you get allocated. But given the level of discount on the table, I’d be prepared to put up with a bit of grief. Bottom line - I would go back to Park Lane again for my next BMW or MINI.

P.s you may get more feedback on the U.K. forum
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 03:40 PM   #3
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Sorry you’ve had a bad time here, but it also sounds like you actively told them to delay the build slot for the sake of getting a different number plate year ? Build slots are like gold dust still, and as you have found out missing an open one results in large delays!

Reg plates do not effect used prices like they use to, it really doesn’t matter what number is on it
Appreciate 0