Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Tune and Downpipe question

08-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
rbarletta11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Tune and Downpipe question

For starters, I am very new to BMW/tuning so please forgive any naive questions. I am looking to potentially tune and add a downpipe on 2020 M340i xdrive. I put a decent amount of miles on per year (20k) and wondering if that should change thought process of adding tune to vehicle. I am looking into doing Carbahn stage 1 tune with downpipe. I havent seen any feedback reviews with Carbahn tune, and would be interested to hear thoughts on this?

Also if I got downpipe without tune, what would expected horsepower/torque gain be? I currently have Dinan exhaust and am thinking about adding intake when one is available. Any thoughts and feedback would be helpful
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarletta11 View Post
For starters, I am very new to BMW/tuning so please forgive any naive questions. I am looking to potentially tune and add a downpipe on 2020 M340i xdrive. I put a decent amount of miles on per year (20k) and wondering if that should change thought process of adding tune to vehicle. I am looking into doing Carbahn stage 1 tune with downpipe. I havent seen any feedback reviews with Carbahn tune, and would be interested to hear thoughts on this?

Also if I got downpipe without tune, what would expected horsepower/torque gain be? I currently have Dinan exhaust and am thinking about adding intake when one is available. Any thoughts and feedback would be helpful
forum member BarryB is running the Carbauhn tune on his car and seems to be quite pleased with it.

You can do a search either for his user name or with subjects that contain "carbauhn" and will find some good reading material
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Are you liking your Dinan exhaust so far? I'm having mine installed this month
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
rbarletta11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Thanks chenry, ill do some digging and see what i could find.

Love the Dinan exhaust, stays relatively quite in comfort but sounds great in Sports Plus. I have black sapphire exterior with black tips and looks great, I got back when it was first released and it shipped right away
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 07:12 AM   #5
SpiveyCJ
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i X Drive

I'm getting the Carbahn tune Tues. It's not as well know as BM3, MHD or Mission but based on things I've read on forums and facebook user groups it seems its popularity and use is rapidly growing. I've read about and/or IM'ed 5-6 guys that have it and all love it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #6
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiveyCJ View Post
I'm getting the Carbahn tune Tues. It's not as well know as BM3, MHD or Mission but based on things I've read on forums and facebook user groups it seems its popularity and use is rapidly growing. I've read about and/or IM'ed 5-6 guys that have it and all love it.
did you decide to spend the extra $$ for the added extended warranty or just going with the tune?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #7
SpiveyCJ
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
did you decide to spend the extra $$ for the added extended warranty or just going with the tune?

Yes, I have 45 months of factory warranty remaining, adding the Carbahn warranty for $750/45 months is < $17/month which is worth the peace of mind for me
Appreciate 1
chenry2354.50