Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Software update 11/2019.70

08-04-2020, 01:58 AM   #155
del82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
Got mine, spotify is missing.
Hi. Have you tried:

Updating the apps? IDrive - apps - option - update all apps

And/or
Reset iDrive - hold down the volume button for 70 seconds (let it cycle through twice basically)

That worked for me.
      08-04-2020, 06:17 AM   #156
Shamone
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Just had 07/2020.30 installed. Anyone know the .30 differences?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:44 AM   #157
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Hi. Have you tried:

Updating the apps? IDrive - apps - option - update all apps

And/or
Reset iDrive - hold down the volume button for 70 seconds (let it cycle through twice basically)

That worked for me.
I need to try, got my car a few days ago with the latest software update and it was missing, but I will try it now, thanks!

Did both and nothing, no spotify, neither bmw music.

Last edited by FrostNixon; 08-04-2020 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #158
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
Got mine, spotify is missing.
Got mine and Spotify was there. Though the tech is great it is glitchy too often
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #159
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Got mine and Spotify was there. Though the tech is great it is glitchy too often
I think something is missing on my side, talked to a technician, he was quite surprised stuff is missing so next Monday I'm going to the dealership so he can have a look.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #160
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Btw does anyone know what apps should come as standard with the idrive 7, apart from spotify?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #161
thebest
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I went into the dealership today for the annual maintenance service. Inquired to update the iDrive software to the 7/2020 version with wireless Android Auto. The service advisor told me the update will be available for free OTA this fall, but if I want to get it installed at the dealership now there will be a cost. He even showed me an email dated 8/4/20 from BMW to the service advisors that mentioned it. When I asked him how much the cost would be he said it'll be $300. I was quite baffled by it as I have never heard BMW charging a fee for software update. My vehicle is a 2019 BMW 330 with Live Cockpit Professional. Anyhow, I tried to argue with no vale as he insisted he was following the guideline and I'd have to pay to do the software upgrade. Does anyone here have the same issue? I'd prefer to do the update at the dealership as I don't want something to go wrong during OTA.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #162
BigWagonFan
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest View Post
Does anyone here have the same issue? I'd prefer to do the update at the dealership as I don't want something to go wrong during OTA.
It's quite common.

Hint: if you have and report on iDrive issues, the most likely service action will be software upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #163
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
I went into the dealership today for the annual maintenance service. Inquired to update the iDrive software to the 7/2020 version with wireless Android Auto. The service advisor told me the update will be available for free OTA this fall, but if I want to get it installed at the dealership now there will be a cost. He even showed me an email dated 8/4/20 from BMW to the service advisors that mentioned it. When I asked him how much the cost would be he said it'll be $300. I was quite baffled by it as I have never heard BMW charging a fee for software update. My vehicle is a 2019 BMW 330 with Live Cockpit Professional. Anyhow, I tried to argue with no vale as he insisted he was following the guideline and I'd have to pay to do the software upgrade. Does anyone here have the same issue? I'd prefer to do the update at the dealership as I don't want something to go wrong during OTA.
Well there's this:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26490798

But honestly I didn't know how to explain the second SIB so I got 03/2020.39 sw and was told I received the latest...

Now I just want to code my car, my guess is we can't do our own software updates with esysx?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:17 PM   #164
7crwolf
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i G20

Has anyone in Australia had any luck getting the Remote Software Upgrade to work? I'm stuck on 03/2019.70 and every time I check in iDrive and on the Connected Drive app (iPhone), it's telling me No Upgrade Available.

I'm having intermittent issues with Carplay connectivity, and Connected Drive Remote services. Any advice to manually get the car to download this without taking it to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #165
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Your car is under warranty. Just say your Spotify keeps randomly crashing or something software related and they will update it for free.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #166
G20.rjm
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7crwolf View Post
Has anyone in Australia had any luck getting the Remote Software Upgrade to work? I'm stuck on 03/2019.70 and every time I check in iDrive and on the Connected Drive app (iPhone), it's telling me No Upgrade Available.

I'm having intermittent issues with Carplay connectivity, and Connected Drive Remote services. Any advice to manually get the car to download this without taking it to the dealer?
I was on your version and complained about the remote services function to my dealer (BMW Sydney). Remote lock working intermittently, car location not updating in the app etc. They upgraded me to 11/2019.40 and that fixed all CarPlay issues. That was about 6 months ago. Then a couple of months ago my car received an OTA update to 11/2019.70. The upgrade worked smoothly.

I know others are on 2020 versions of iDrive now but my 11/2019 is 100% stable and I have no issues at all so I'm not fussed about getting the latest.

I did have heaps of problems when I was still on 03/2019.x so I would get the dealer to upgrade you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #167
7crwolf
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20.rjm View Post
I was on your version and complained about the remote services function to my dealer (BMW Sydney). Remote lock working intermittently, car location not updating in the app etc. They upgraded me to 11/2019.40 and that fixed all CarPlay issues. That was about 6 months ago. Then a couple of months ago my car received an OTA update to 11/2019.70. The upgrade worked smoothly.

I know others are on 2020 versions of iDrive now but my 11/2019 is 100% stable and I have no issues at all so I'm not fussed about getting the latest.

I did have heaps of problems when I was still on 03/2019.x so I would get the dealer to upgrade you.
I see you are also in Sydney, so thanks for the feedback. Annoying, as I had it in at the dealer 2 weeks ago for something else... I would have thought that they would automatically upgraded me but I guess not. My local dealer is Sylvania BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #168
G20.rjm
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7crwolf View Post
Quote:

I see you are also in Sydney, so thanks for the feedback. Annoying, as I had it in at the dealer 2 weeks ago for something else... I would have thought that they would automatically upgraded me but I guess not. My local dealer is Sylvania BMW.
Yup. Unfortunately iDrive updates aren't done automatically. Only to fix issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #169
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

Finally, I received message that 11/2019.70 was ready to install in car. I didn't expect it to tell me this after the car was turned off, I just happened to notice the message said it had to be parked and would take 20 minutes. I started the installation screens turned off heard fan running, waited, and then after about 20 or 30 minutes nothing happened never said it was done or anything. So I figured I would start the car see what happens. Started car and said installation complete. then as I was getting ready to go the car alarm started ringing and I couldn't figure out why and would not turn off. I turned off car and alarm was still ringing tried BMW connect app to turn on and off tried starting car and turning off again I had to disconnect battery to stop alarm. Then re-connected battery. I don't know if I now have to register the battery? But the car works, and I noticed the alarm is so much lower than the F30 340i alarm. The update caused some lost data like I had to re-set the drive recorder and re-connect the iPhone blue tooth lighting apple car play was all messed up, etc I wasted an hour with this update, didn't expect this at all. I did not notice any difference in the exhaust note pops burbles or driving character all seemed the same. I may still go to dealer to ask them about the battery if it has to be re-registered I don't want to end up with a battery problem down the line and the alarm, maybe its faulty that it is so low and went off when it should not of? I didn't see anyone else say alarms went off needing to disconnect battery. I am glad I had tools nearby.. anyways thats the saga of my 11/2019.70 update experience.
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1936.50
50M105.00
      08-12-2020, 12:20 AM   #170
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW11 View Post
Finally, I received message that 11/2019.70 was ready to install in car. I didn't expect it to tell me this after the car was turned off, I just happened to notice the message said it had to be parked and would take 20 minutes. I started the installation screens turned off heard fan running, waited, and then after about 20 or 30 minutes nothing happened never said it was done or anything. So I figured I would start the car see what happens. Started car and said installation complete. then as I was getting ready to go the car alarm started ringing and I couldn't figure out why and would not turn off. I turned off car and alarm was still ringing tried BMW connect app to turn on and off tried starting car and turning off again I had to disconnect battery to stop alarm. Then re-connected battery. I don't know if I now have to register the battery? But the car works, and I noticed the alarm is so much lower than the F30 340i alarm. The update caused some lost data like I had to re-set the drive recorder and re-connect the iPhone blue tooth lighting apple car play was all messed up, etc I wasted an hour with this update, didn't expect this at all. I did not notice any difference in the exhaust note pops burbles or driving character all seemed the same. I may still go to dealer to ask them about the battery if it has to be re-registered I don't want to end up with a battery problem down the line and the alarm, maybe its faulty that it is so low and went off when it should not of? I didn't see anyone else say alarms went off needing to disconnect battery. I am glad I had tools nearby.. anyways thats the saga of my 11/2019.70 update experience.
You don't need to re-register your battery just because you disconnected it. I've disconnected mine a couple of times and no issues. Did you have anything connected to your obd port? Only time my alarm went off was when I left an enet cable connected to the obd port.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 2
BMW11278.00
      08-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #171
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

After recent 11/2019.70 installation I can not get Apple CarPlay to connect and PLAY anymore. It actually does connect and show the music library but it will just NOT PLAY. Tried so many things and it just will not play music. It worked for many months under the 11/2019.50 now it will not play. I tried disconnecting iPhone and re-pairing, forgetting wifi and bluetooth connections and re-pair, re-started car, re-started iPhone, Switched from SirrusXM and back won't work- the Apple Carplay works for phone calls and other stuff but not Music, I tried another iPhone too same thing, re-set iDrive holding volume button and I did all this in different combinations and over a period of 2 hours. I just do not understand why it connects and everything shows up on the screen and HUD the artwork and music library, etc but when I try to select and play anything it just refuses to play. I gave up. Has anyone else have this problem and any fixes you can recommend? thanks.

I fixed the Apple CarPlay today, works great

Last edited by BMW11; 08-15-2020 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 05:53 AM   #172
7crwolf
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yup. Unfortunately iDrive updates aren't done automatically. Only to fix issues.
Got my iDrive updated by the local dealer at Sylvania, they updated it to 03/2020.69. Shame, I was hoping for the 07/2020 version, seems there's a few more goodies introduced in that version.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 08:49 AM   #173
canomalo
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw 330

Android auto available I have it

Hello all,Android auto is available I have it on my 2020 bmw 330.
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      08-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #174
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Has remote engine start been removed from the bmw connected app ??? I no longer have that option. There’s no way they only give you that for a year ? What an extreme disappointment if that is the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 08:33 AM   #175
efisher
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
Has remote engine start been removed from the bmw connected app ??? I no longer have that option. There’s no way they only give you that for a year ? What an extreme disappointment if that is the case.
After the OTA update, I had to re-enable it in the car. This was for my 2020 G20. The update had reset that setting back to default for me. Within a few minutes of updating that setting, the app saw that I could remotely start car again.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #176
alpinewhite3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisher View Post
After the OTA update, I had to re-enable it in the car. This was for my 2020 G20. The update had reset that setting back to default for me. Within a few minutes of updating that setting, the app saw that I could remotely start car again.
Haven’t gotten an OTA update yet...do you know which menu I can enable the setting ?
Appreciate 0