Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions M340i 2023 LCI KAFAS04 Camera Currupted[need coding genius help]

05-06-2024, 01:25 AM   #1
MrMegambo
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i 2023

M340i 2023 LCI KAFAS04 Camera Currupted[need coding genius help]

Hey, I would love the assistance of the geniuses on this forum. I recently changed the type code of my m340i LCI with the new ID8, so I could achieve European-style taillights. I used Bimmerutlity to do this, and when using their platform to change the FA to the EU version of my m340i I accidentally had it code all the modules instead of just the BDC. While doing that the program also crashed mid-way through. Thank god I had a backup from Protools where I got all the modules back in order except one. KAFAS04 that module seems to be vo-coded back to normal however the id8 system tells me that driver assistance is reduced. my anti-dazzle, lane assist and forward collisions were completely turned off. I tried to use ISTA to recode it back or recalibrate however that did not work at all. I've searched all the forums I can get my hands on Multiple people have had this issue but either the solution isn't listed or I have to use ESYS and do a complicated step-by-step process. which I have no experience with. So someone please help.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 01:34 AM   #2
bmwz467
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: z4

Garage List
2019 bmw z4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMegambo View Post
Hey, I would love the assistance of the geniuses on this forum. I recently changed the type code of my m340i LCI with the new ID8, so I could achieve European-style taillights. I used Bimmerutlity to do this, and when using their platform to change the FA to the EU version of my m340i I accidentally had it code all the modules instead of just the BDC. While doing that the program also crashed mid-way through. Thank god I had a backup from Protools where I got all the modules back in order except one. KAFAS04 that module seems to be vo-coded back to normal however the id8 system tells me that driver assistance is reduced. my anti-dazzle, lane assist and forward collisions were completely turned off. I tried to use ISTA to recode it back or recalibrate however that did not work at all. I've searched all the forums I can get my hands on Multiple people have had this issue but either the solution isn't listed or I have to use ESYS and do a complicated step-by-step process. which I have no experience with. So someone please help.
With esys can’t you you use the pszdata and completely recode the module back to standard. Like going into the coding clicking the module and flashing the original file back onto that module specifically
Appreciate 1
ekinnee15.00
      05-06-2024, 01:36 AM   #3
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwz467 View Post
With esys can’t you you use the pszdata and completely recode the module back to standard. Like going into the coding clicking the module and flashing the original file back onto that module specifically
I can try to play around with esys and understand it more.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #4
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMegambo View Post
Fixed by flashing KAFAS03 with updated PZ Data and VO CODING BDC to proper Vehicle FA.
Appreciate 0