Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions BMW G22 4 Series Coupe Has Been Spied!

Closed Thread

05-27-2020, 03:23 AM   #903
famarm
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
the GC is almost sure to remain
GC in general is the worst thing that has been invented in the history of the car.
Appreciate 1
Colinv64012.00
      05-27-2020, 06:25 AM   #904
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by famarm View Post
GC in general is the worst thing that has been invented in the history of the car.
Not the right thread to discuss this, but a Gran Coupe is nothing but a hatchback or sedan with a silhouette that more closely apes a coupe than a typical example of those vehicle types. BMW obviously didn’t invent these proven-popular form factors nor are they the only ones with a lineup featuring the choice from the different types. All they’ve done is come up with a name to distinguish them from their traditional passenger car lineup.

So all you’ve really done is invested extra energy into hating on some marketing jargon. Meanwhile there are any number of truly superfluous, or loathe-some, or bewildering vehicles in the automotive world on which to cast ire if one is looking for some inanimate objects to be angry at. Yet, you’ve given those a pass and ranked BMW’s generally well received and swiftly purchased Gran Coupes at the very bottom. I guess we can say you are steadfastly committed to your cause.

I suppose you are a fan of the SUV’s rise to dominance then, but if you are open to a change of heart, you may consider getting to know the Gran Coupe better. As passenger car sales continue to shrink, its clear that two door vehicle sales are in a state of decline not likely end soon, and even traditional sedans are being pushed to the brink (and perhaps toward the history books). What’s left may very well be the more exciting vehicles like BMW’s GC models. When everyone is buying an SUV, today’s discerning car buyer doesn’t need to (nor, increasingly, want to) remove the rear doors and kill utility to make a statement. Not choosing the SUV *is* the statement.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #905
famarm
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325D

Quote:
I suppose you are a fan of the SUV’s rise to dominance then, but if you are open to a change of heart, you may consider getting to know the Gran Coupe better.
No SUV please , I'm an old school man.
I love pure coupes, a sedan with a pitched roof is not for me.
I understand the market but I don't approve of it.
IMHO
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #906
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Not the right thread to discuss this, but a Gran Coupe is nothing but a hatchback or sedan with a silhouette that more closely apes a coupe than a typical example of those vehicle types. BMW obviously didn’t invent these proven-popular form factors nor are they the only ones with a lineup featuring the choice from the different types. All they’ve done is come up with a name to distinguish them from their traditional passenger car lineup.

So all you’ve really done is invested extra energy into hating on some marketing jargon. Meanwhile there are any number of truly superfluous, or loathe-some, or bewildering vehicles in the automotive world on which to cast ire if one is looking for some inanimate objects to be angry at. Yet, you’ve given those a pass and ranked BMW’s generally well received and swiftly purchased Gran Coupes at the very bottom. I guess we can say you are steadfastly committed to your cause.

I suppose you are a fan of the SUV’s rise to dominance then, but if you are open to a change of heart, you may consider getting to know the Gran Coupe better. As passenger car sales continue to shrink, its clear that two door vehicle sales are in a state of decline not likely end soon, and even traditional sedans are being pushed to the brink (and perhaps toward the history books). What’s left may very well be the more exciting vehicles like BMW’s GC models. When everyone is buying an SUV, today’s discerning car buyer doesn’t need to (nor, increasingly, want to) remove the rear doors and kill utility to make a statement. Not choosing the SUV *is* the statement.
Regarding 2 doors vs 4 : I've had both and continue to flip flop depending on needs. I started off with a 2-door truck, 2 door car; went to a 4-door truck, 4-door car, 4-door SUV; now looking back at 2 doors again. This time I think I'll end up with a 2-door car + 4-door SUV / truck though for the purpose-driven mix.

One of my friends just bought a Corvette, upgraded from a 4-door Golf. His current status on it? "I love not having to drive anyone anymore. My backpack goes on my passenger seat and that's it. We're going out somewhere? Cool, I'll meet you there."

I'd say 90% of the time I'm driving solo. Every once in a while I carry 2 others, and rarely transport 3+ others. Even Tahoe trips lately have been 2-3 people since my friends have 4runners and Jeeps and such too. So I figure fuck it, 2 doors and xDrive it is.
Appreciate 2
famarm12.00
mkoesel7505.50
      05-31-2020, 06:17 AM   #907
WestCoast76
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xdrive

When can we expect the first "official" leaks ? Today or tomorrow ?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 12:46 PM   #908
Revolutiondriver
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast76 View Post
When can we expect the first "official" leaks ? Today or tomorrow ?

I hope today.... cause I can´t wait... btw I hate it to wait
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #909
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Some leaked images!

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1725866
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0