Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G80 M3 / G82 M4 Forum (2019+) BIMMERPOST Latest Preview Look at the G82 M4 Coupe and G83 M4 Convertible!

10-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #287
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
Not sure it's been mentioned but it seems as though the darker colors tend to suit the bigger grills better.
Because then you can't see them so much
Lol sad but true
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 1
AD18133.00

10-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #288
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Stage 1? Or Stage 2?

10-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #289
Tracus
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I bet it outsells the F8x by 10%+ and draws new customers to the brand, just as the F80 did.

No one else is doing anything interesting in terms of style. Everyone is playing it safe. I am so happy they are making an effort to differentiate the M cars more from the base models.
This is not safe, is stupid.
Porsche is playing safe, not BMW. BMW is playing stupid.
Secondly, to differentiate you can do different things, not installing two chicklets in the front.
But what do I know? Some people install bull horns on their vehicle. Just to differentiate.

For me a simple M badge will do, don't need to show the rest of the world "HEY LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #290
B3averFan
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
I bet it outsells the F8x by 10%+ and draws new customers to the brand, just as the F80 did.

No one else is doing anything interesting in terms of style. Everyone is playing it safe. I am so happy they are making an effort to differentiate the M cars more from the base models.
Secondly, to differentiate you can do different things, not installing two chicklets in the front.
But what do I know? Some people install bull horns on their vehicle. Just to differentiate.

For me a simple M badge will do, don't need to show the rest of the world "HEY LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"
Reminds me of this from the movie 10 things I hate about you.

Certainly not where I wanna be
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #291
frankiebones
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post

The point I am making is that BMW is NOT playing it safe. You may not like it upon reveal, you may love it. Either way, at least they are trying to do something different. You're whining and carrying on without seeing the final result.
Sedan_Clan3143.00

10-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #292
JTO24
Got an 8:30 res at Dorsia
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Stage 1? Or Stage 2?
Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black | OEM+
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #293
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
The point I am making is that BMW is NOT playing it safe. You may not like it upon reveal, you may love it. Either way, at least they are trying to do something different. You're whining and carrying on without seeing the final result.
frankiebones, “forget-about-it”, sorry something about your handle reminds me of a wise guy!

I’m sure everyone hopes you are right and it looks really good but I’m guessing probably not. They could have just kept the G20 grills with a minor tweak and again gone with the different rims and M accent pieces that would most likely be enough for most M buyers.

But in a way and to your point, most of these options that set an M apart from standard models were also available as optional purchases on the civic models, as long as you are willing to pay up. So maybe in a way you are right with the new grill, that will be only available on true M cars, is a way for bmw to more differentiate not only from others in the auto industry but also within themselves specific to the M series, which counters a lot of complaints of homogenization within the line. So yes, in a way it’s a completely different look...but just maybe a bit too far, to which only time will tell.