Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2019: Russian GP - Sochi (Sep 29)

10-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #177
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

VET....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Well that depends what he helped develop,you and I don't know what though.
He is not paid $36M just to sit on his a$$, don't you think?? and it's a fact that he was slightly slower because of the dynamics of the car from what I have seen and read.
The difference has been negated, more so in race form to an extent now because of the super straight line speed, engine and more adaptive downforce to play with.
Vettel has said ''far more options are available now than were before'' and he's not kidding lol
Well said.
      10-04-2019, 01:47 AM   #178
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Well that depends what he helped develop,you and I don't know what though.
He is not paid $36M just to sit on his a$$, don't you think??
Vettel isn't sitting in the planning meetings of the aero/chassis/powerplant departments putting forward concepts and ideas for next years car. As I said he provides basic feedback....and thats it.
And in any case, if he did more than that, he would be a pretty poor developer if the outcome is a car he doesn't like.

Quote:
and it's a fact that he was slightly slower because of the dynamics of the car from what I have seen and read.
Vettel should be able to exploit the full potential of the car he has in front of him....the new guy can.
CLC has more wins (plus 2 more he should have had), more poles and more points in his first year at Ferrari than Vettel.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 02:14 AM   #179
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Vettel isn't sitting in the planning meetings of the aero/chassis/powerplant departments putting forward concepts and ideas for next years car. As I said he provides basic feedback....and thats it.
And in any case, if he did more than that, he would be a pretty poor developer if the outcome is a car he doesn't like.

Vettel should be able to exploit the full potential of the car he has in front of him....the new guy can.
CLC has more wins (plus 2 more he should have had), more poles and more points in his first year at Ferrari than Vettel.
I think we've talked enough on this,Vettel had technical problem at Sochi where I believe he would have won by a country mile.
Ok..on to Suzuka!!!
Appreciate 1