Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions BMW G22 4 Series Coupe Has Been Spied!

01-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #419
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by am3r1ka View Post
I imagine this will be 6 series size dimensions. Welcome to the new 6 series.
Exactly what I was thinking, looks like a new 6 series. I have no interest in large cars. The reveal of the 8 series last year did nothing for me and this doesn't either.

While a future M4 CSL will be impressive, it will probably be overpriced and won't sell well.
Yeah the M4 CS/L already exists in a niche market of buyers. Plus the people who just want to brag usually just top out at the comp model. Don't expect for the next generation to sale as much either.

I really hope the 4 series don't evolve into GT proportions but it seems inevitable with how big cars keeps getting. 2 series might be the last hope.
GT proportions are definitely coming to gran coupes. There's a reason why the 2GC's tall rear end looks so familiar...
Remember that the 2gc is only a 2 series in name, it's built on a 1 series platform. The 1 series is a fwd hatch back, hence the awkward looking stance of the 2gc.

Do you realize that you almost never post anything positive here anymore? I understand that you might not like most new models that bmw has been releasing, but then why are you still so active here? Why stick around just to constantly criticize a corporation that's going in a direction that you are no longer interested in? Don't get me wrong, you've crafted some detailed, well written posts, I'm just trying to understand the psychology of the critics here. Maybe the act of critiquing provides satisfaction as an end itself? Perhaps it's in the belief that one can influence the direction of an international corporation via criticism voiced on Internet forums. I don't know, but it's a curiosity of mine.
All I simply said was the 2GC's rear end looks reminiscent of the 5GT, and that GT proportions were coming based on spy shots of the i4 and 4er Gran Coupe. You can take that as criticism if you want it but no where did I say it was ugly or stupid, I simply just said that taller GT proportions are going to be infused with GC design, as this was confirmed long ago on Bimmerpost when BMW cancelled all GT's.

This is the 4-Series thread, there isn't much positive here regardless of who posts it, this is probably the worst thread to be in if you are looking for positive comments regarding the 4er's design/BMW's future, because most enthusiasts simply don't like it, and have the right to voice their opinion on that with this new 4er being extremely controversial.

I'm still on Bimmerpost as I still own a BMW and still post lots of content here, many of the threads being positive (BMW being #1 in sales, many comparison tests of BMW winning, Apple Carplay coming for us, my fun time with a Z4 loaner) and have the right to do so. Earlier this month I wrote a whole thread on how the Z4 is a great vehicle in BMW's lineup, one that is so close to having me buy it if it had a manual. Did I give some constructive feedback on how the car could be a bit better? Yes, as no car is perfect, but if you read that article, I state it is one of my favorite modern BMW's and that owners are very lucky to have a great vehicle in their garages. It might not have been the most popular as the G29 forums are pretty quiet, but there is a lot of positive content there. On here I've helped voice my opinion as to what BMW perspective buyers should look at whether that be specific models, options, what to look out for reliability wise, what cars to compare it to, etc. As they've asked for the help of owners and I love to help out any way I can. I've congratulated new owners on their beautiful cars as I really am happy for them and that they've bought some great bimmers, and posted articles that I think people would find interesting such as Apple Carplay finally being free, or a comparison test between the Giulia and 3-Series.

Are there some articles where I have criticized BMW? Of course, but that is what many of us do. BMW will never be perfect, as no brand can, and criticism always can lead to a better and more positive future. If people hadn't criticized BMW charging for Apple Carplay a feature that is free in most economy cars, what else could BMW try to get us to pay subscriptions for? I do remember there was a rumor to make safety options a subscriptions, so sometimes, criticism is necessary.

Do I not like some new BMW's? Yes, BMW is not perfect, so of course I won't like everything they offer. I don't care for the 5 or 7 series and possibly this new 4-series' design, so if someone is asking for owners opinions on these vehicles, I'm always honest with how I felt about my 5er. Regarding the 2,3,X3,X5, and X7, I've stated many times that I do find these vehicles to be very good, and most of the times to be class leaders, and I have even shared posts about getting an X3 for myself on the G01 forums after my son takes his to college.

So yes, I do criticize BMW as I have the right to share my opinion even if certain people don't like it, but I have my fair share of praise and positive posts on here, and at the end of the day, this is the internet, there'll be plenty more people who will criticize or praise BMW as well.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn't make statements such as "most enthusiasts hate the design". There's no way for you to quantify that statement. The microcosm that is Bimmerpost is not representative of the world.
Appreciate 1
Fuller989.50

01-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #420
Ristau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a Mustang-y vibe from the overall shape of the car (really noticed it in the video). Not a huge fan
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #421
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2018 X1 M Sport

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Another render that i found.... It's hideous! 🤮
Attached Images

01-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #422
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOh View Post

01-14-2020, 12:37 AM   #423
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 YMB M4 / Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but you shouldn't make statements such as "most enthusiasts hate the design". There's no way for you to quantify that statement. The microcosm that is Bimmerpost is not representative of the world.
It's a reasonable statement though. Any time I've seen the car posted anywhere on the internet where people have a chance to comment the comments are 95% negative. It's not just on here. I think you are about one of the only people I know who thinks it isn't hideous.
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 3
      01-14-2020, 12:42 AM   #424
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
It's a reasonable statement though. Any time I've seen the car posted anywhere on the internet where people have a chance to comment the comments are 95% negative. It's not just on here. I think you are about one of the only people I know who thinks it isn't hideous.
So for the thousands that will buy the car, how will you explain them and/or their reasoning? I haven't seen the entire car to know whether or not it's "hideous"; that determination is pending.

The internet is a bubble. It's very easy to feel like you're in the majority when you truly aren't. Just ask Hillary Clinton's supporters.
Appreciate 1
JTO242387.00

01-14-2020, 06:03 AM   #425
martin mustang
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520 F10,X5 40e, 911c4s, 635csi

The large Kidney grills made them look like a pig, this one is more like a really pissed off pig
Quote:
Another render that i found.... It's hideous! ��
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42113.00

01-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #426
J-RO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 series

Quote:
I really hope it does not look like that.
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42113.00

01-14-2020, 07:49 AM   #427
J-RO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
He follows in the shadow of Scott 26.
Appreciate 4
SD ///M42113.00
Germanauto3712.00
Drj161196.50

01-14-2020, 10:21 AM   #428
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Quote:
It has nothing to do with following in a shadow Mr. Passive Aggressive. I acknowledge that he knows more than anybody on this forum about what BMW is doing behind the scenes, so I confer with him about certain things because of that.
Appreciate 3
JTO242387.00
Fuller989.50

01-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #429
J-RO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It has nothing to do with following in a shadow Mr. Passive Aggressive. I acknowledge that he knows more than anybody on this forum about what BMW is doing behind the scenes, so I confer with him about certain things because of that.
Since you confer with him, in your special relationship, ask him when the 4 series will be revealed. BTW: labeling is not become of a LEO.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #430
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Since you confer with him, in your special relationship, ask him when the 4 series will be revealed. BTW: labeling is not become of a LEO.
I call it as I see it; directly and succinctly. THAT is how we communicate.
Appreciate 1
JTO242387.00

01-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #431
solstice
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #432
solstice
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Wait till you see the imminent new 5 and M5. For the M5 they have sharpened up the front aerodynamics a bit, plus there is a bigger grille on the LCI 5.
Imminent usually mean within days but I guess this is BMW imminent meaning 3-6 months away?
Appreciate 1
J-RO278.50

01-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #433
J-RO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Imminent usually mean within days but I guess this is BMW imminent meaning 3-6 months away?
Maybe mini Scott 26 knows the answer.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #434
Hegge
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I don't know how this grille is supposed to lead to a lot of sales.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #435
joshuastein55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz/BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
I don't know how this grille is supposed to lead to a lot of sales.
Don't worry it has the right badge... if it works for Lexus it'll sadly work for BMW (although I would hope it doesn't so it would lead to a change in design language)
      01-14-2020, 06:38 PM   #436
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Powerful aesthetics.
      01-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #437
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
This Summer.
kern4172252.50

01-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #438
J-RO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
This Summer.
Is this referring to dealer showrooms or when BMW will show it to the public?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:35 AM   #439
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Huh?
2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:42 AM   #440
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So for the thousands that will buy the car, how will you explain them and/or their reasoning? I haven't seen the entire car to know whether or not it's "hideous"; that determination is pending.

The internet is a bubble. It's very easy to feel like you're in the majority when you truly aren't. Just ask Hillary Clinton's supporters.
I'm not saying people won't buy it. Heck, I'll probably buy it as I haven't found any viable alternatives and everyone is coming out with these hideously large grilles, but as it is in the picture, I and the rest of the internet that has seen it 95% seems to think it's a bad design. Who wouldn't you think a sampling of people on the internet would be similar to a sampling of people not on the internet? Just because you are active on the net doesn't make you likely have a different opinion.

If you are active on car forums and other car places you are more likely to express that opinion as you have a place to do so, but it doesn't mean that because just because you are more active on the internet that you would have a different taste what a good looking car is.

Here's a sampling from a random FB page with comments on the most recent render.
Attached Images

2009 335i Coupe
2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0