Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340i MPE (M Performance Exhaust) installed + sound clips

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #89
RTPenland
Second Lieutenant
192
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: BMWs (14 so far)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: A couple places in Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Can someone who has MPE already installed please confirm if the muffler has the label "M Performance" stamped on it? It would be embossed on the underside of the muffler.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #90
NYC_340i
First Lieutenant
United_States
106
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Can someone who has MPE already installed please confirm if the muffler has the label "M Performance" stamped on it? It would be embossed on the underside of the muffler.
Yes it does.

Appreciate 3
      12-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #91
EddieA1
Private
United_States
33
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Can someone who has MPE already installed please confirm if the muffler has the label "M Performance" stamped on it? It would be embossed on the underside of the muffler.
Yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Can someone who has MPE already installed please confirm if the muffler has the label "M Performance" stamped on it? It would be embossed on the underside of the muffler.
Yes it does.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/wRT10Fy/20191223-130936.jpg[/IMG]
Perfect, that settles it for me. I was always concerned that the stock was already a MPE (given that's pretty good as is), but considering that stock doesn't have this branding, and that there is a unique part number for the MPE with higher pricing, the MPE is for real. I'm buying one today because I think this car can use even more sound.

Question, is yours getting louder with break-in?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #92
NYC_340i
First Lieutenant
United_States
106
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Perfect, that settles it for me. I was always concerned that the stock was already a MPE (given that's pretty good as is), but considering that stock doesn't have this branding, and that there is a unique part number for the MPE with higher pricing, the MPE is for real. I'm buying one today because I think this car can use even more sound.

Question, is yours getting louder with break-in?
I haven't noticed it getting any louder but I'm just starting to get into the higher revs since I'm at the end of my break-in. TBH it was pretty loud as I was driving off the lot so I can't imagine it getting any louder especially for an OEM system.

I highly recommend getting the MPE, I test drove a M340i with the standard exhaust and wasn't that impressed. Sounded great but was probably only slightly louder than my F30 340i and a lot quieter than my 340i before I deleted the resonators.

6 weeks after I took delivery of mine with MPE installed at the port and I am loving it. I'd say it's a solid 15-25% louder than my 340i with the resonator delete but with a much nicer sound as well. Even with the windows up (can't wait until it gets warmer so I can hear it with the windows down ) in sport individual you get to hear a lot of the exhaust and can really feel the pops.
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi, 2013 Volkswagen CC Executive 4Motion
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #93
EddieA1
Private
United_States
33
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
I haven't noticed it getting any louder but I'm just starting to get into the higher revs since I'm at the end of my break-in. TBH it was pretty loud as I was driving off the lot so I can't imagine it getting any louder especially for an OEM system.

I highly recommend getting the MPE, I test drove a M340i with the standard exhaust and wasn't that impressed. Sounded great but was probably only slightly louder than my F30 340i and a lot quieter than my 340i before I deleted the resonators.

6 weeks after I took delivery of mine with MPE installed at the port and I am loving it. I'd say it's a solid 15-25% louder than my 340i with the resonator delete but with a much nicer sound as well. Even with the windows up (can't wait until it gets warmer so I can hear it with the windows down ) in sport individual you get to hear a lot of the exhaust and can really feel the pops.
Thx. Just what the doctored ordered. I bought my MPE yesterday and paired it with the M Performance rear diffuser (the stock diffuser is just not aggressive enough for my taste). Now all the car needs is just a little more torque to exceed the HP and compensate for the weight (torque is king). I wish BMW would release a power kit for the m340i, but I doubt they will as the car is already performance tuned (at least that was the case with my m240i, and I assume they will treat this similarly). I wont even consider any third party tune for warranty reasons.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #94
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
Switzerland
80
Rep
1,587
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Does anybody have a part number?
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #95
NYC_340i
First Lieutenant
United_States
106
Rep
397
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_belgier View Post
does anybody have a part number?
18-30-2-464-492
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi, 2013 Volkswagen CC Executive 4Motion
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 07:14 AM   #96
vicfalc09
Second Lieutenant
vicfalc09's Avatar
153
Rep
239
Posts

Drives: M340i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_belgier View Post
does anybody have a part number?
18-30-2-464-492
Where's everyone getting the best deal on the MPE exhaust? Looks like around $1500 most places...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #97
EddieA1
Private
United_States
33
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 335i, 340i, m240i, M2C, m340i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
Where's everyone getting the best deal on the MPE exhaust? Looks like around $1500 most places...
I always work with Brian Keller (parts) at Sun Motor Cars BMW out of PA. Price is definitely south of $1,500. I found about him on this forum Years ago and he’s been great to deal with. Very honest and no other vendor has ever beat his price on any OEM part. I would call him directly (Google it).

Last edited by EddieA1; 12-25-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
vicfalc09152.50

      12-25-2019, 02:36 PM   #98
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
Switzerland
80
Rep
1,587
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Strange... leebman24 only knows the xxx96 variant... That one is for the g20 330i and 330ix
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #99
Gdiddy23
Private First Class
92
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: '15 F30 335i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
Where's everyone getting the best deal on the MPE exhaust? Looks like around $1500 most places...
I always work with Brian Keller (parts) at Sun Motor Cars BMW out of PA. Price is definitely south of $1,500. I found about him on this forum Years ago and he's been great to deal with. Very honest and no other vendor has ever beat his price on any OEM part. I would call him directly (Google it).
Just sent him an email. Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:34 PM   #100
Gdiddy23
Private First Class
92
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: '15 F30 335i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I think a lot of us are still waiting for some videos here! Even cold start and some revs w exhaust flaps open/shut would be appreciated. The few ones available are really short and don't have good audio.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #101
MG20i
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i....eventually
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: N. Florida

iTrader: (0)

Good to see the wording on the muffler. Now if a client advisor will have a clue about ordering it on a new car...
__________________
Mike
2018 KTM Super Duke 1290R
2020 BMW M340i.eventually
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:21 PM   #102
AS74
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
20
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK - Bedfordshire

iTrader: (0)

Would be great to see some additional videos! Also keen to find out if its available in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #103
Newbmwguys
Enlisted Member
9
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Please post more videos
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #104
Jason340Msport
Captain
United_States
162
Rep
873
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BMW of Bel Air, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I think a lot of us are still waiting for some videos here! Even cold start and some revs w exhaust flaps open/shut would be appreciated. The few ones available are really short and don't have good audio.
Sorry been busy with year end sales. I'll post some as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG20i View Post
Good to see the wording on the muffler. Now if a client advisor will have a clue about ordering it on a new car...
What problem are you having? It's a port installed accessory so its easy to add to a vehicle
__________________
2020 M340i xDrive
2016 340i xDrive
2013 335i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #105
john!smith
Private
john!smith's Avatar
114
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M340i XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
Sorry been busy with year end sales. I'll post some as soon as I can.
checking thread every day
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #106
PBJ
Private
Australia
24
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW F30 340i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sydney, NSW

iTrader: (0)

Are we 100% sure this is actually an MPE which offers a better soundtrack to the stock M340i exhaust or just the exhaust from a different region?

The videos we have to date sound pretty tame and similar to stock? The suspense is killing me... I hope it's the real deal but we're still waiting for some more detailed videos
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #107
MG20i
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i....eventually
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: N. Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason340Msport View Post
..What problem are you having? It's a port installed accessory so its easy to add to a vehicle
Only that the dealerships I have talked with so far seem clueless about Individual orders, and none of them have replied with information about the MPE. I am hoping the current contact comes through.
__________________
Mike
2018 KTM Super Duke 1290R
2020 BMW M340i.eventually
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #108
john!smith
Private
john!smith's Avatar
114
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M340i XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Are we 100% sure this is actually an MPE which offers a better soundtrack to the stock M340i exhaust or just the exhaust from a different region?

The videos we have to date sound pretty tame and similar to stock? The suspense is killing me... I hope it's the real deal but we're still waiting for some more detailed videos
thats exactly what i am thinking. thats why i hope to find someone who is making before and after video to check this out. for me all the vids on the net seem to be same.... differences are just in the recording hardware. some mics add deep tone, some kill midrange... hard to say at this point.

a before and after with same hardware should show the best difference
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:09 PM   #109
Burrcold
First Lieutenant
Canada
193
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Are we 100% sure this is actually an MPE which offers a better soundtrack to the stock M340i exhaust or just the exhaust from a different region?

The videos we have to date sound pretty tame and similar to stock? The suspense is killing me... I hope it's the real deal but we're still waiting for some more detailed videos
Why would they stamp M Performance on it if it wasn't different from the stock M340i (even if it was from a different region)? That would be pointless additional work to manufacture the same exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #110
john!smith
Private
john!smith's Avatar
114
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: M340i XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Why would they stamp M Performance on it if it wasn't different from the stock M340i (even if it was from a different region)? That would be pointless additional work to manufacture the same exhaust.
the question is... does the regular m340i exhaust have m performance letters?
i guess yes, because it is called a m performance modell. it has also performance letters on the engine cover.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST