Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Official G20 3 Series Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #507
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
530
Rep
774
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8920 View Post
Option A:
MSRP 67K. Discount 6K. Rebate 3K. Purchase Price 58K. After taxes, fees, etc balance 63K. MF 0.0018. Residual ~59%(39.5K) = 785/month.

Option B:
Yes it is also a lease for 3 years.
MSRP 71.5K. Discount 9.5K. Rebate 3K. Purchase Price 59K. After taxes, fees, etc balance 64K. MF 0.00138. Residual ~60%(43K)=784/month, but basically will owe two months of my current lease so the monthly rate goes to 835/month.

Thanks for the help. I'm really new to this stuff.
For option A... is that a MF of 0.00118? or is it truly 0.0018?

The discounts are pretty low. On a brand new car you should aim for at least 10% off pre-incentive, along with base MF. On a loaner, aim for closer to 15% along with base MF.

Involve multiple dealerships if you haven't already.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #508
Casone238
New Member
2
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: C43 AMG
Join Date: May 2020
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8920 View Post
Option A:
MSRP 67K. Discount 6K. Rebate 3K. Purchase Price 58K. After taxes, fees, etc balance 63K. MF 0.0018. Residual ~59%(39.5K) = 785/month.

Option B:
Yes it is also a lease for 3 years.
MSRP 71.5K. Discount 9.5K. Rebate 3K. Purchase Price 59K. After taxes, fees, etc balance 64K. MF 0.00138. Residual ~60%(43K)=784/month, but basically will owe two months of my current lease so the monthly rate goes to 835/month.

Thanks for the help. I'm really new to this stuff.
These prices are outrageous you can find a better deal. So when I got my offer from bmw David I went to local dealer to test drive the car and when we sat down the offer I got was $786 when I showed him the offer I got some David the best he came up with was $630. His reason was because of the pandemic bmw has there factoryís closed so they wonít be receiving any cars for a while so they not willing to sell thru there inventory at high discounted rates. Idk how true that is but I have noticed that most dealers wonít really wave your remaining payments they will move money around to make it look like they did. The best advice I would give you is to be patient you still got 2 months on your lease look around for better offers.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:28 PM   #509
jg8920
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
For option A... is that a MF of 0.00118? or is it truly 0.0018?

The discounts are pretty low. On a brand new car you should aim for at least 10% off pre-incentive, along with base MF. On a loaner, aim for closer to 15% along with base MF.

Involve multiple dealerships if you haven't already.
I guess they are off by 1% in option A (which ends up being a bunch of money). According to their worksheet it is 0.00118 (thatís BMWs base right)?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #510
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
530
Rep
774
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8920 View Post
I guess they are off by 1% in option A (which ends up being a bunch of money). According to their worksheet it is 0.00118 (thatís BMWs base right)?
Yup that is base. If that's the case, I feel like they must be rolling in some of the payments of your current lease to have the monthly payment come out to as high as it is.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #511
jg8920
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 440i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
These prices are outrageous you can find a better deal. So when I got my offer from bmw David I went to local dealer to test drive the car and when we sat down the offer I got was $786 when I showed him the offer I got some David the best he came up with was $630. His reason was because of the pandemic bmw has there factory’s closed so they won’t be receiving any cars for a while so they not willing to sell thru there inventory at high discounted rates. Idk how true that is but I have noticed that most dealers won’t really wave your remaining payments they will move money around to make it look like they did. The best advice I would give you is to be patient you still got 2 months on your lease look around for better offers.
Thanks for the recommendation, and yes that's what I'm trying to do. I just sent a request thorught David, lets see what it comes back. I'm paying so much on my current car that anything lower than what I'm paying feels like a win.

Edit:
Working the payments backwards it seems I'm getting a 13% off the loaner and 10% off the new car. The monthly payment is close to 1% of MSRP in both. However the problem is the tax, since I get taxed for the whole car price (close to 4K on both), that adds up around 100+/month to either deal. The dealer is already giving me base MF. So I guess the only option I have is working to have a higher % discount off MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Yup that is base. If that's the case, I feel like they must be rolling in some of the payments of your current lease to have the monthly payment come out to as high as it is.
Yeah looking at the numbers seems you are right. Instead of "paying off my lease" they are using my car as a trade and dropping the taxes from 4K to 1+K. Seems like the best course of action is to wait for a better deal.

Last edited by jg8920; 05-24-2020 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Info
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST