Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions What do you clean sensatec with? How to keep it looking nice?

04-21-2024, 10:41 AM   #45
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim 4723 View Post
That seems pretty harsh on Merino which is BMWs highest grade of leather. I can assure you it's much, much nicer than Sensatec.
I haven't sat in a Merino since around that post from 3 years ago, my recollection is that in spite of no top coat, Merino was not as supple as Nappa, and thicker than Montana(also no top coat) from E series. Merino is surely nicer than Senatec, but if I do pick today, I may still go with perforated Senatec.

Btw I thought the best bmw leather is lavalina leather.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 05:52 AM   #46
Tim 4723
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
I haven't sat in a Merino since around that post from 3 years ago, my recollection is that in spite of no top coat, Merino was not as supple as Nappa, and thicker than Montana(also no top coat) from E series. Merino is surely nicer than Senatec, but if I do pick today, I may still go with perforated Senatec.

Btw I thought the best bmw leather is lavalina leather.
Sorry for dragging this comment up, I didn't realise the thread had been brought back from the dead.

The only seats I've sat on in a G20 are Sensatec, Alcantara and Merino leather. Merino was by far the most comfortable and it just looks much nicer. I'm sure the Nappa is very nice too (I've had Audi Nappa and it was excellent). From what I can see Lavalina is an Alpina thing and not BMW but I'm sure it's extremely nice as well.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2024, 10:24 AM   #47
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for dragging this comment up, I didn't realise the thread had been brought back from the dead.

The only seats I've sat on in a G20 are Sensatec, Alcantara and Merino leather. Merino was by far the most comfortable and it just looks much nicer. I'm sure the Nappa is very nice too (I've had Audi Nappa and it was excellent). From what I can see Lavalina is an Alpina thing and not BMW but I'm sure it's extremely nice as well.
I haven't seen alcantara seat around here, I only see alcantara M steering wheel.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1575792
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 03:21 AM   #48
Tim 4723
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
I haven't seen alcantara seat around here, I only see alcantara M steering wheel.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1575792
It was actually in the first car I seriously looked at. I figured out it was a very rare option and I think I tried to convince myself it would be cool to own but honestly, I really didn't like the look of them. They were definitely more comfortable and grippier than the Sensatec though.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 10:47 AM   #49
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It was actually in the first car I seriously looked at. I figured out it was a very rare option and I think I tried to convince myself it would be cool to own but honestly, I really didn't like the look of them. They were definitely more comfortable and grippier than the Sensatec though.
Yeah I like the novelty of alcantara but am not sure about the upkeep and durability. These days I tend to value ease of use and maintenance, so Senatec esp. perforated one does fit that bill.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #50
Jonesie
Rep
Drives: 330e

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I’ve been using the Chemical Guys Leather conditioner, which says it’s ok for synthetic leather. I bought it for the leather smell. It works fine, but the smell doesn’t last.
Appreciate 0